• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

key file name setting is being damaged

mbarnstijn

@James

For the second time, my UHD setting for the key file name has been damaged. I've now figured out that installing the latest AnyDVD beta changes the last character of the key file name to a different character, in my case it always comes out as an uppercase H.

That is, "C:\Users\Michael.Barnstijn\AppData\Roaming\AACS\keydb.cfg" becomes "C:\Users\Michael.Barnstijn\AppData\Roaming\AACS\keydb.cfH"

Perhaps the length of the file name is an issue?

Steps to reproduce.
1. install new beta AnyDVD -- doesn't matter if it is already installed.
2. show AnyDVD status window
3. select Video Blu-ray UHD settings tab, observe config file name.
4. select Status tab.
5. Click OK
6. show AnyDVD status window again.
7. select Video Blu-ray UHD settings tab, observe damaged config file name.

So it wasn't just me when I was testing! I couldn't repro it after it happened to me. Good find.

For the second time, my UHD setting for the key file name has been damaged. I've now figured out that installing the latest AnyDVD beta changes the last character of the key file name to a different character, in my case it always comes out as an uppercase H.
I tried to reproduce this, but I had no success. 😢

@James

That is, "C:\Users\Michael.Barnstijn\AppData\Roaming\AACS\keydb.cfg" becomes "C:\Users\Michael.Barnstijn\AppData\Roaming\AACS\keydb.cfH"

Perhaps the length of the file name is an issue?

Steps to reproduce.
1. install new beta AnyDVD -- doesn't matter if it is already installed.
2. show AnyDVD status window
3. select Video Blu-ray UHD settings tab, observe config file name.
4. select Status tab.
5. Click OK
6. show AnyDVD status window again.
7. select Video Blu-ray UHD settings tab, observe damaged config file name.
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-beta-8-6-5-4.87856/ I believe the problem will be solved :)

8.6.5.4 has solved this problem for me. My procedure to replicate the bug does not show any change in the key file name with this new version. Thanks!

Back