• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Just using trial period, but game jackal useless

Keith Burnett

I have always been happy with Slysoft products. I have Anydvd & Clonedvd and more than happy with these but Game jackal well what can you say? After setting up a profile on a game and then going into Game jackal and clicking on the icon I get asked for the CD, well I might as will execute the game normally. I thought the ideal is to be able to play the game without the CD/DVD. The only thing I can say for it that all your game shortcuts are all in one place. I'm it's thumbs down with this one.:confused:

I have always been happy with Slysoft products. I have Anydvd & Clonedvd and more than happy with these but Game jackal well what can you say? After setting up a profile on a game and then going into Game jackal and clicking on the icon I get asked for the CD, well I might as will execute the game normally. I thought the ideal is to be able to play the game without the CD/DVD. The only thing I can say for it that all your game shortcuts are all in one place. I'm it's thumbs down with this one.:confused:

There are a few things that can cause this:
1: You have another CD/DVD in the drive, and the game is seeing the protection on THAT CD instead of Game Jackal. Just eject that CD/DVD first, then try Game Jackal.

2: There are a few games that won't work with Game Jackal. Not a LOT, but there are some here and there.

3: You didn't make the profile correctly. After you install GJ, you need to reboot(the way it tells you to). In some cases, you may need to set a few options to make a profile as well.

What game(s) have you tried that don't work with Game Jackal? Are you running Windows XP or Vista? I am guessing you are using the new Slysoft version of Game Jackal, but it's best to verify.

Do you have an anti-spyware program that may have blocked registry changes needed by Game Jackal during the install?

Are you running with Administrative permissions in Windows, or is it a limited account?

And of course, what game(s) caused you to run into trouble?

Game Jackle.

I have downloaded the lastest version on a trial run for 21 days. I am running windows XP home. The game I am trying is Dune2000 old i no. But in all fairness it's the only one I have tried. I do have anti spyware on the computer. Thanks!:confused:

Original Disk?

:agree: The disks are original. I have tried train simulater as well now and after a long wait guess what I'm asked for the disk. Not trying to be funny in anyway but I dont see the point in paying for software that does the same thing as the icon on my desktop on my computer. If it was possible to use games without the disk then yes maybe it would be worth it. But thats what evaluation periods all about to test software first before you buy. But as regards all other Slysoft products I have always been more than happy with them. But so far it's thumbs down on this one with me. :mad:

try using a dynamic scan when making your profile. this scan accumulates more information from the disk than it would otherwise. this in turn takes up a little more diskspace but it has increased my personal success rate in making working profiles from games that sometimes don't work.

Dynamic scan!

I have tried dynamic scan But does not work either. So far had computer freeze up, Error messages come up to report to Microsoft and asking for disk. Thank you everyone that has sent me a reply it's very good of you all. I accep't Slysoft has just aquired this software (Game Jackal) So what I will do is look into it later when they have had a chance to improve it more. :)

Can you also try creatoing a profile in image mode? I know this is not a good solution (as it creates an image of the entire cd), however it will give an idea of where the problem may lie. ;)

Well to add my 2 bits, personally I am having good success with GJ + XP, so far all the games I have tried are working, will post the games that work once I have finished trying them all, about 5 more to go.

On the other hand I have had ......y success with GJ + Vista. several games crash when trying to make a profile, others seem to make a successful profile but GJ locks up requiring a reboot.

Well to add my 2 bits, personally I am having good success with GJ + XP, so far all the games I have tried are working, will post the games that work once I have finished trying them all, about 5 more to go.

On the other hand I have had ......y success with GJ + Vista. several games crash when trying to make a profile, others seem to make a successful profile but GJ locks up requiring a reboot.

same problem in vista

xp work fine

Ahh Vista--screwing up another program!:clap: Way to go M$. I glad I held back and didn't jump on the Vista band wagon just to be one of the first. And it appears that it isn't much of a bandwagon--the smart ones have stayed away in droves.:p

For Vista users, please click this and especially read the part about UAC (User Account Control).

Those users having trouble under Vista, can you please do the following test.

1) Turn off UAC (you need to reboot after this).
2) Create a profile for a game that you know works under XP.
3) Start the profile and note the results.
4) Reboot the computer.
5) Start the same profile again and note the results (make sure you do this straight after the reboot). If nothing appears to happen after starting the profile, check the running processes to see if the game's process is in the list.

Can you please post the results here.

1) Turn off UAC (you need to reboot after this).
- Turned off almost right after installing Vista

2) Create a profile for a game that you know works under XP.
- Using Star Wars - Battlefront II

3) Start the profile and note the results.
- Used Profile Map that comes with GJ
- result, game crashes at profiling "Battlefront II has stopped working"

4) Reboot the computer.
- trying to run profile after results in a need to reboot

5) Start the same profile again and note the results (make sure you do this straight after the reboot). If nothing appears to happen after starting the profile, check the running processes to see if the game's process is in the list.
- Profile seems to run but GJ tray icon just sits there blinking
- running processes: GameJacke.exe, BattlfrontII.exe
- right clicking on tray icon and choosing deactivate BattlefrontII results in option graying out but BattlefrontII.exe process is left running.
- right clicking tray icon and choosing to exit GJ results in nothing, GJ continues to run... well it sits there really and blinking still.

6) Run as Administrator
- no change

The rest of the games that I have running under XP, see my list of working games in thread of same name, have either 2 things happen under Vista, either the game crashes right away when trying to profile or the profile seems to work both lead to #5 above when trying to run the profile. I was having virtually the exact if not THE exact problem with GJ & Vista before Slysoft took over from Maplom.

System:
OS - Vista Ultimate x32
RAM - 2G
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4600+ 2.41GHz

I have another computer with Vista on it which I am looking at moving back to XP because my stepson mostly uses it to play games but I am going to try GJ on it and see what the results are as it is basically untouched as regards any "tweaking" since installation, whereas this one has been tweaked every which way :D as well it's a single core with a different processor if that makes any difference.

same problems in all game under vista 32bit...
after i finish the profile and restart the pc
the game freeze at start and i need to restart the pc :(

UAC is off

RAM - 2G
CPU - intel Core 2 E6600 2.4GHz

Back