• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Just plain interesting

diverjones

Its interesting when I put a backed up disk of Lost into my player. I made backups of my Lost DVD Season one using an older version of Any DVD of course, since its over a year old now. Now, with the newer version (latest) installed, I placed the backup into the drive to read the info on it.

Now, keep in mind, this is a backup of the original, using Any DVD and CloneDVD2. Here is what the info window in Any DVD has to say:

Summary for drive F: (Any DVD 6.1.5.5)
_NEC DVD+-RW ND-3530A 103C 05062200
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: DVD-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2287920 sectors (4468 Bytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: LST0NNT1
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed bogus title set!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 8 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

I thought Any DVD was suppose to have REMOVED all copy protection from the disc, and would NOT be present from the backup. Apparently, Any DVD did not do its job efficiently enough.

Did You Happen to click off ALL the bogus/sectors 0:00 time count that cloneDVD displays?

If you don't click those off you will sometime more then likely get those bogus/sectors when ANYDVD reads your blank/burnt media.

I had a couple of those left over protection/bogus/sectors left on some of my early burns.

This is Not a ANYDVD Problem. it a Human Error while checking off the bogus/sectors on the movie through Clone DVD2.

By the way here is my run on Lost seaon one.
as you can see no bad sectors or bogus titles...

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.1.5.5)
DVDRW IDE 16X A091 2
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 1635456 sectors (3194 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: LST0NNT1
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

Structural copy protection not found.
Bad sector protection not found.

Like i said Human Error or maybe a faultly burner.

Maybe. Or the version of AnyDVD back then had a bug in it. I remember a version where AnyDVD would remove protection when there were none. Maybe it did the opposite here.

Send the ifos to Slysoft and let them check it out.

Actually the more i look at your read out...

those reading look like you were trying to make a copy of a copy.
I have a portable DVD Burner player.
and those are the same read out that i would get when I run ANYDVD on ALL my burnt discs that came from that Portable DVD/Burner player.

Actually the more i look at your read out...

those reading look like you were trying to make a copy of a copy.
I have a portable DVD Burner player.
and those are the same read out that i would get when I run ANYDVD on ALL my burnt discs that came from that Portable DVD/Burner player.

Not really attempting to make a copy of a copy, but I had a back up copy IN the player, as I said in my thread beginning this post. Still, I have tried many times to "click off" of the 0:00 Titles in CloneDVD2 and My backups will always end up with them on my backup anyway. I generally clone the entire disc, to duplicate the original, but I almost always "try" to remove all 0:00 title sets, to no avail. They just will not be removed on my system.

I use good quality discs. Most will disagree with me, now, but in the past, the discs I use now were taughted as being the among the best. I have never had a bad burn in over 200 discs that were not due to a failure on my part. Burner failure is not a problem that I can see.

I was going to going to copy & paste you the re-out of the portable DVD Player/burner to show you the similarities

but now anyDVD come up with errors & crashes. when it read copies of burnt DVD from my stand-alone player/burner. which never did before but the last time i really check when it did work was before The ANYDVD HD UPDATE.

so i will have to dig up some of my archive files to show you the similarities.

Just last evening, I made a backup of a Star Gate SG-1 Disc. It had 1 0:00 Title listed. After I cloned the DVD using CloneDVD2 and (AnyDVD latest version) of course, I went back and checked the backup using CloneDVD2 using the cloneDVD option to see all of the title sets. There again was the 0:00 set which I had removed the check from before the backup was made. This leads me to believe cloneDVD2 does NOT well, it leaves no doubt actually, that the program is not capable of removing the zero minute and second title sets used for protection. I just do not know if the problem lies with AnyDVD or CloneDVD2

This also makes the backup take just as long at attempting to play on a DVD player as the original, because it has to read all of those crappy bogus titles before getting to the good stuff.

Dennis

Back