• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

just makes me =)

amazing

Well surprise surprise!!!! Now I have your ATTENTION!! Why are so many people up in arms about the subscription rate for anydvdhd it's the only one redfox is charging for if you already have everyone should be happy and get off redfox back cause w\o them you wouldn't be able to do any of this!!!! Be happy not grumpy o_O

Some people are not happy unless they are complaining.

Which is fine, but complaining about something (license pricing and details) that hasn't been formally announced?

I'm fine with a subscription, with whatever they feel they need to charge to stay afloat. I don't know why people feel their old licenses from a dead company should account for anything, or why their supposed lot in life should entitle them to some kind of cut rate. I spend the first 30 yrs. of my life dirt poor. I didn't expect a discount because of it. I just went without.

Some people are not happy unless they are complaining. Which is fine, but complaining about something (license pricing and details) that hasn't been formally announced?

Simple, users were asked at one point for their opinions and ideas regarding upcoming payment changes, if you remember. It was also said that was the time to make your thoughts about pricing known, as staff was reading at least one thread and taking into account ideas, because they stated once the price is set, there's no going back. So I'm not sure that's complaining or just doing what was asked.

Edit:
Once the pricing is announced, then disagreeing may be considered complaining cos guaranteed it'll be pointed out, rightly so, everybody was given a fair opportunity to voice their opinions for over a month leading up to the decision and were told in advance it would be final.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there are some folks who believe their opinion is the only one that is relevant and anything that contradicts their view is simply complaining. Then there are those that think allegiances are one sided; let's not be so shortsighted and forget that a company can't exist without the support of its customers too. It goes both ways.

Unfortunately, there are some folks who believe their opinion is the only one that is relevant and anything that contradicts their view is simply complaining. Then there are those that think allegiances are one sided; let's not be so shortsighted and forget that a company can't exist without the support of its customers too. It goes both ways.
It is true that if enough people do not purchase a product the seller will go under. However, in this case I believe your point is moot. There will always be more people that want ANYDVDHD (myself included) than those that do not. Then there will always be go good portion that are not happy about the price of the product, but it's the BEST of its kind there is and will pay the price because every other product is simply inferior. Lastly, there will always be a FEW that believe it's a rip off and they will not pay the price no matter what. These people will try to prove a point by not purchasing the product, however, their point is moot because the first point will still stand (there will always be enough people that see the value of the product to purchase it and keep it going).

It is true that if enough people do not purchase a product the seller will go under. However, in this case I believe your point is moot. There will always be more people that want ANYDVDHD (myself included) than those that do not. Then there will always be go good portion that are not happy about the price of the product, but it's the BEST of its kind there is and will pay the price because every other product is simply inferior. Lastly, there will always be a FEW that believe it's a rip off and they will not pay the price no matter what. These people will try to prove a point by not purchasing the product, however, their point is moot because the first point will still stand (there will always be enough people that see the value of the product to purchase it and keep it going).

I agree with you, however us existing LTL owners were promised a fair deal and/or some sort of compensation. In many ways it simply boils down to what is "fair" to both sides. The folks selling it deserve to be well paid for their best-in-the-world product and the inherent risks that come with it and we, the people re-buying it, shouldn't be alienated just because nobody does it better ;).

I also have a LTL and I could be moaning like F*** but it wasn't SlyFox that closed down it was the USA and the Hollywood Bas****s who forced them out!

And AnyDvd HD hasn't stopped working - at least mine hasn't and I'm still quite happily using version 7.6.5.0 with no problems at all.

But I don't bother with BluRays so have no need to connect to the internet or use the OPD.

My point is simply that we are lucky there are still people willing to work on this great product.

We may have lost some money but we still have the product and hopefully it will be around for years to come - but that won't happen unless its developers can make a decent wage!

I agree with you, however us existing LTL owners were promised a fair deal and/or some sort of compensation. In many ways it simply boils down to what is "fair" to both sides. The folks selling it deserve to be well paid for their best-in-the-world product and the inherent risks that come with it and we, the people re-buying it, shouldn't be alienated just because nobody does it better ;).

Everyone has an opinion and in these forums it is no different. I feel everyone's opinion has merit whether I believe it's right or wrong. I am a senior citizen and have been around a long time. The people here have voiced their PROS, explained the facts, it's been debated, and in all of my nearly 60 years on this planet I have YET to find anyone who's opinion has ever been changed from the ones they already have to something else. We ALL believe we are right and nothing will change that.

If you are for these changes From Slysoft to RedFox and the continuation of ANYDVDHD to whatever it morphs into (I am) then there is no amt of rhetoric what will change my opinion and if you are NOT and you feel wronged I imagine it's the same way with you. Frankly all of the debates and opinions are pretty useless. Things change and we will either get on board or be left behind. However, I do believe a certain amount of back and forth is needed so we all know from which position we come from.

Frankly all of the debates and opinions are pretty useless.

Our opinions and ideas were requested by the staff and I think it gave them a feel for what most LTL owners and first time buyers were willing to pay. I don't think some ideas were useless.

in all of my nearly 60 years on this planet I have YET to find anyone who's opinion has ever been changed from the ones they already have to something else. We ALL believe we are right and nothing will change that.

Then you are not an open minded person. If somebody has a better idea than mine I don't let my ego get in the way and if he has valid reasons, I will change my opinion. It's happened to me a lot.

Our opinions and ideas were requested by the staff and I think it gave them a feel for what most LTL owners and first time buyers were willing to pay. I don't think some ideas were useless.
Yes they were. I've never said anything different. And if you had quoted my entire first part of the post instead of what you quoted above no one would have come to any other position. Being taken out of context does not solve anything. Neither does insults. You do not know me.

Last edited:
Yes they were. I've never said anything different. And if you had quoted my entire first part of the post instead of what you quoted above no one would have come to any other position. Being taken out of context does not solve anything. Neither does insults. You do not know me.

Sorry, no desire to engage in back and forth. That is what I call a waste of time. If you think our requested ideas are a waste of time, fine. Opinions are like a-holes, everybody has one. If you feel I insulted you, please accept my apology.

Sorry, no desire to engage in back and forth. That is what I call a waste of time. If you think our requested ideas are a waste of time, fine. Opinions are like a-holes, everybody has one. If you feel I insulted you, please accept my apology.
I am easy :). I just thought since you responded to the post (instead of remaining silent on the issue) you were up to an exchange of thoughts. Certainly I have had worse. Still friends on the forum.

...but it wasn't SlyFox that closed down it was the USA and the Hollywood Bas****s who forced them out!
Nobody knows what really happened because noone of the staff bothers to explain what happened - and why they stayed in Antigua with devil-may-care attitude.

Before i place my trust & money in Redfox they have to build some, sorry.

They didn't stay in Antigua because they were never fully located there. The team is decentralized, as in no fixed place for all team members.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Nobody knows what really happened because noone of the staff bothers to explain what happened - and why they stayed in Antigua with devil-may-care attitude.
You mean after the first trial? Simple. We (Giancarlo) filed appeal, and moving the company in this situation to another country would have been unwise - it could have been interpreted as a confession of guilt.

@James
Assuming that confession of guilt wouldn't just have been a moral defeat but would have had juridical consequences,
means that Saving Private Bettini's kitty and reputation was the actual reason for shuting down Slysoft ?

@James
Assuming that confession of guilt wouldn't just have been a moral defeat but would have had juridical consequences
It was suggested by the lawyer. We actually wanted to win the appeal.

So i take it that you don't want to share some details on why you (Giancarlo) shut Slysoft down -
which btw. can also be interpreted as a confession of guilt.

Back