• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Just a warning for anyone considering an Nvidia 4000 Series GPU

I told you exactly what I plan on doing. Sticking with the 3080. :)

I told you exactly what I plan on doing. Sticking with the 3080. :)

I am running on a 5700XT so I don't have the luxury of sitting on a relatively new 3080 :p Hence the dilemma.

So the funny thing is this about this whole 4080 vs. 7900xtx thing. AMD at 999 looks to be unheard of almost. Mostly for the custom boards it's more like 1100-1200. That is essentially what a 4080 is. So the stinking pricing is almost the same. And I know performance is similar. The only real difference is one has a small chance of melting a plug the other a good chance of overheating. LOL

What a dilemma.

Fun, ain't it? Lmao

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Did anyone get his hands on some 4000 series card?
Because I'm wondering if the two NVENC chips speed up single processing also?

I think @DQ bought a 4080, he is always around to answer your questions.

Reactions: DQ

As RF1 mentions I did indeed get a 4080. I had to sell my house, car and children but I have a beast of a video card LOL. It beats the heck out my older AMD card in many ways. For transcoding and a few other things it works much better meaning it's not just faster the software/driver is light years better. Just my opinion.

Can you give some example encoding command I can try with my system ... to check the fps ?

Or use something like
Code:
NVEncC64.exe --cqp 18 --codec h265 --preset P7 --output-depth 10 --profile main10 --aq-temporal --colormatrix bt709 --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --output-buf 128 -i "some1080p-input.mp4" -o "output.h265"

Last edited:
Back