• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Just a warning for anyone considering an Nvidia 4000 Series GPU

Those sensors could be as much as 10 to 15 degrees off, the only real way to test temps is to look in your BIOS. That said, those sensors do give you a reminder to shut down before a throttle.

I think there are some temps only in the BIOS. However I think some of the proprietary stuff in the hardware can be gotten with as much accuracy as that sensor provides. For example the fluid temps in my CPU cooling system. I mention that one because that is one I set colors too. Now, you make a great point. How accurate are those sensors? I don't have a valid answer to that. I just don't know.

For my CPU cooler it can change color depending on temps. So can other portions of my RGB. I find that highly useful and informative.
Just tried that with my Asus ROG stuff, but it's just green, yellow, red on the specified thresholds on either CPU or GPU
upload_2022-10-27_16-20-40.png

Fun stuff, but for smooth transitions you need extra software ... :rolleyes:
I'll pass on that ... with my closed case there's not much to see anyway

Those sensors could be as much as 10 to 15 degrees off, the only real way to test temps is to look in your BIOS.
I had the impression that temps are read directly from the board.
Of course there are multiple measuring points with sometimes huge differences... depending on usage CPU and CPU-Package can differ by 10°
upload_2022-10-27_16-28-32.png

Just tried that with my Asus ROG stuff, but it's just green, yellow, red on the specified thresholds on either CPU or GPU
View attachment 68004

Fun stuff, but for smooth transitions you need extra software ... :rolleyes:
I'll pass on that ... with my closed case there's not much to see anyway

I had the impression that temps are read directly from the board.
Of course there are multiple measuring points with sometimes huge differences... depending on usage CPU and CPU-Package can differ by 10°
View attachment 68005
The reason you want to get your temps directly from the BIOS, is because they measure the temps before the OS is running, the BIOS lock has not been bypassed. This way you get the true temp of your CPU, DRAM, VRM, etc.

The two main features of ATX3 is.
An ATX3 PSU must be able to provide twice its rated output specs for a sustained load.
It must also provide a data link to the device so it can be told what the device's hardware requirements are.

Technology is amazing. I want to live forever.;)

NVIDIA accelerates eight of the 10 fastest supercomputers. NVIDIA Selene debuts as the fastest industrial system in the U.S. with leading energy efficiency. FACT. So if anyone really thinks they cant fix an adapter cable, think again. The 4090 will prevail.

in place of the 4080Ti - with almost the same specs.

I did a little test about 4080Ti(sample) and ATX 3.0 PSU(sample),but result seems not good enough and dangerous!

Respect All Hardware(Team member) and All software (Team member)

My 2 cents

You tell them DQ, Lisa Su doesn't let anyone triple the prices on AMD GPUs, crappy is in the eye of the beholder of an AMD GPU.:);)

I jest. But I really rather personally go with lower prices and not the best drivers. Now if I was a streamer who had to have the fastest card I am sure I might think different. It is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

Nvidia really bad
Really try to help rog team member

Respect all REDFOX members

More reason to stay with RTX30xx
Code:
https://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/matthew-wilson/newer-nvidia-drivers-bring-significant-gaming-performance-boost-to-rtx-30-gpus/

Some friends tell,you not paroff from nvida..
and some friends went to leave

Respect All Redfox member
have a nice day

Latest update from Nvidia on the power issue. Which equates to no update really.

Code:
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-provides-update-on-rtx-4090-16-pin-adapter-fiasco

But there is a plan for a new less dangerous interface :p

Attachments

• nvidia-interface.png
    nvidia-interface.png
    366.6 KB · Views: 8
Back