• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Jurrassic World

SubImp555

Hi all!

I have backed-up Jurassic World using CloneBD 1.0.5.5 and AnyDVD HD 7.6.4.0. on a Verbatim BD-RE DL. I only selected the main movie and the menu backgrounds, and left everything else out. I tagged the options to maintain the original menu, and to keep the original sound. I did not get any errors whatsoever. I have inserted the "succesfull" back-up in my Sony standalone BD-player, and everything seems to work fine. But when I choose to start the movie from the menu, the screen turns black, (I assume the standalone BD-player is trying to access and play the movie) but then returns to the menu. Am I doing anything wrong here?

My thanks in advance for any assistance in solving this matter, and my sincere apologies for overlooking the answer if already given in another thread.

SubImp555

Maintaining the original menu while removing other titles/playlists can (and in my experience usually will) cause problems.
This feature is still in the early stages - You should see a 'Tooltip' warning when trying to use this option.

That's the thing; I don't. I do not get any warnings whatsoever. According to CloneBD, everything goes fine. In my experience, I did nothing different in comparison to previous partial copies. (Where all unwanted scenes, previews etc. were removed, and actually do play in the standalone BD-player.) I am starting to believe that there is "something" in the original copy of Jurassic World that prevents it to be cloned succesfully in the way that I want. It's no biggie, but merely annoiing that I cannot put this original disc on a diet.

You need to upgrade to 1.0.5.6 first, then rinse and repeat your above problem and see if you get the same outcome, then if you do, create a log file and send it to Elby for them to look at and if you don't then the upgrade fixed it :)

The warning should be on the target page at the top right before you start processing (see screenshot)

menuwarning.png

From my testing there are some discs that just don't work when removing certain items, the only thing you can really do is not keep the original menu and have the main movie only.

It also could be possible that CloneBD doesn't list the "proper" movie/title for selection (main movie listed could a duplicate of the proper one) so when the menu calls for the "proper" title it doesn't exist (blanked) causing the black screen/return to menu.

Last edited:
The warning should be on the target page at the top right before you start processing (see screenshot)

View attachment 27708

From my testing there are some discs that just don't work when removing certain items, the only thing you can really do is not keep the original menu and have the main movie only.

It also could be possible that CloneBD doesn't list the "proper" movie/title for selection (main movie listed could a duplicate of the proper one) so when the menu calls for the "proper" title it doesn't exist (blanked) causing the black screen/return to menu.
About your last remark; I think you are on to something!

I did not see anything like the warning as seen in the screenshot that you've supplied. Like I said; everything seems to work like it should. That's why I don't understand what could possibly go wrong.

I haven't used CloneBD, but if I had to take a guess, the menu is trying to play the warning cards and maybe Universal Home Video logo before the movie plays. Those are separate PlayLists, and since you removed them the menu just kind of crashes when it can't find them.

Try going into Chapters and selecting Chapter 2, see if that starts playing.

Converting all non-feature PlayLists to 1-second black videos would probably be a better option. Or, if you don't care about seeing the warning cards, find out what PlayList those are and leave them on the disc.

Converting all non-feature PlayLists to 1-second black videos would probably be a better option.

That is what CloneBD already does, it blanks unwanted titles/playlists so they are only 1 second on the finished output, so they still 'exist' during playback and aren't really completely removed.

I didnt think this bluray was out yet... foreign version maybe?
Foreign version? Doesn't that depend on which country you are in?

Also there are websites that will ship Blu-ray discs early. Until it went under DVDworldUSA used to do this and I could sometimes get US versions of films 4-6 weeks before the official release date

Back