• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Jump Directly to Title Menu

jpmccusa

This feature has stopped working on my latest 2 DVD adventures, with 6.1.1.4. Both copies go through all the junk at the start that I want to avoid!

Is this feature supposed to be reliable?

These

Make it three in a row now:

1. "Den Basta Sommaren" R0 NTSC from Taiwan

2. "A Doce Vida" R0 NTSC from Brazil

3. "Vovochka" R0 PAL from Russia

Last edited:
Make it three in a row now:

1. "Den Basta Sommaren" R0 NTSC from Taiwan

2. "A Doce Vida" R0 NTSC from Brazil

3. "Vovochka" R0 PAL from Russia

These are all region free. These are official releases?

Anyway, that Anydvd feature does not work with all discs.

Yes, as far as I know.

All three seem to be official releases...they all have local subtitles added and the "Den Basta Sommaren" is quite a lavish special edition. The Russian title is a Russian film put out by RUSCICO. The Russian and Brazilian releases I have had for 4 years or so...The Russian film says it is R5 on the case but ANYdvd says that it is coded for R1, R2, R3, R4, R5, R6.

All three seem to be official releases...they all have local subtitles added and the "Den Basta Sommaren" is quite a lavish special edition. The Russian title is a Russian film put out by RUSCICO. The Russian and Brazilian releases I have had for 4 years or so...The Russian film says it is R5 on the case but ANYdvd says that it is coded for R1, R2, R3, R4, R5, R6.

Well, you can send the ifos in if you want, but I've never heard of Region 0 commercial releases before. I've heard of pirated region 0 releases. But /shrug

Keep in mind, Anydvd states quite explicity when you select the "remove annoying adverts and trailers" feature that it does not work on all discs.

R0 Official Releases

These are quite common, actually, when you get away from R1 and R2 land.

Check out the DVD catalog for the Russian Cinema Council (http://www.ruscico.com/main.php?lang=en) and you will have no trouble finding All Region Russian releases, in both PAL and NTSC.

I have several Australian releases that are R0 as well (though they often say R4 on the case).

OK, I have sent an email

Obviously not a high-pri item, but it would be nice if it worked out OK...

Thanks for the help.

jpmccusa,
Yes, the correct answer is that it does not work on backups of all DVD originals. But I don't think region0 has anything to do with it.

Also, I didn't see it mentioned, but I might have missed it ... AnyDVD has removed all "User Prohibited Actions" on your backup. So you could just hit "Menu" on your remote to zoom past all the crap that plays beforehand. Or use the >> to skip one by one through the crap. I also think that if, after you insert your backup into your player's tray, if you hit the "play" button rather than just pressing the "close tray" button, the player may go right to playing the movie without the ads. Works on some players but not others. ... because the user prohibited actions have been removed from the backup.

Whisperer

This feature has stopped working on my latest 2 DVD adventures, with 6.1.1.4. Both copies go through all the junk at the start that I want to avoid!

Is this feature supposed to be reliable?
No, as the warning message indicates when you select it.

Fair enough

It was just that two in a row---and then three in a row---seemed to be just a bit of a coincidence...

Thanks for the support.

Is it possible to remove this feature James? As there is too many posts always about this on various forums stating it doesn't always work and the DVD may be unplayable? Most users see it work on one and just automatically expect it to on all. Maybe no reason to really have it I think.

Is it possible to remove this feature James?.

No way. I use it constantly. I could not possibly disagree with your suggestion more.
Let's not be removing good features.

Last edited:
Charlie, you could use PgcEdit and use the Jump 2 PGC feature. The guide is here. If done correctly it will create a perfect jump to menu/movie every time. I use it myself as I've wanted more control over the way things work.

Same as Webslinger. I also find it to be a very useful feature. Why delete something that is useful?????????? Just because there are "too many posts always about this on various forums"?

Is it possible to remove this feature James? As there is too many posts always about this on various forums stating it doesn't always work and the DVD may be unplayable? Most users see it work on one and just automatically expect it to on all. Maybe no reason to really have it I think.
If you don't like it, don't use it.

I also prefer to keep it, it works 99% of the time, I can live with the odd failure.

I always burn to a Verbatim +RW disc first then I play it to make sure that everything I kept on the back up works and if it does I simply burn it again onto a regular +R or -R disc. It does give you a warning and becuase of that its not a gaurentee that it will work but it does on some movies and doesnt on others thats why the warning is there.

I always burn to a Verbatim +RW disc first then I play it to make sure that everything I kept on the back up works and if it does I simply burn it again onto a regular +R or -R disc. It does give you a warning and becuase of that its not a gaurentee that it will work but it does on some movies and doesnt on others thats why the warning is there.
Just test the feature with the original disc. No need to burn anything. :)

Back