JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2 will not play as a .ISO file

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by oregreen, Nov 30, 2022.

1. oregreen

oregreen Active Member

So I've processed John Wick chapters 1 + 3 from DVD to .ISO and they play with no problem as a .ISO file. But for some reason, chapter 2 will not. I got the threesome DVDs from Amazon on a deal and after the first time chapter 2 would not play after processing, I ordered another set thinking there was some weird anomaly with that specific disc. Now, with the second set, same results. The disc plays just fine as a DVD, but the results after processing are the same...no go, no good, no play. Anybody have an idea as to why it won't?

2. tectpro

tectpro Translator (ms_MY)

Please provide an AnyDVD log file.

When ripping DVD it is recommended to do Rip Video DVD to Hard disk.
    Instead of ISO, or use CloneDVD together with AnyDVD.

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  3. oregreen

oregreen Active Member

I do use AnyDVD with CloneDVD2 to process discs to hard drive, then use CloneDVD2 to create the .ISO file. I've done hundreds, if not thousands of discs over the years. I just redid Chapter 2 using the 'Copy DVD Titles' function and ONLY the main movie which processed through to .ISO and that plays just fine. Apparently, when Using the 'Clone DVD' function and including 2 of the special features when processing, there must be a flaw in the disc (not scratches) that doesn't allow it to rip correctly. I generally un-check 'previews' and other unnecessary boxes when using CloneDVD2 and leave the special features boxes checked. Mind you that both Chapters 1 + 3 discs processed perfectly to playable .ISO files, special features and all, so that's why I came to my stated conclusion about a flawed factory disc. Thanks for your response to my initial inquiry tectpro.

4. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Kind of hard for a developer to know anything without an AnyDVD log. It would just be a guess.

James and whatever_gong82 like this.