• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

John Wick

Dago Red

A retail region A disc (although AnyDVD can't determine the region). Ripped with 8.0.7.0 and played on PDVD 16. After the Atmos demo I get a black screen and the movie never starts.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.7.0_Info_E_JOHN_WICK.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
The reason anydvd can't always determine the region is that java code on the disc is used to specify authorised playback regions. That's not always easy to find out, in those cases you need to manually tell anydvd the region via one of the anydvd settings. I do think that movie had screenpass at the time. I don't know where you got that version but that movie is 2 years old almost, you've got yourself one hell of a barn find there to find a version that isn't in the OPD.

With that logfile you've provided support can now be added. Likely pete will respond when it's fixed. All you need to do then is reinsert the disc and everything should work as expected.

Funny you mention telling AnyDVD the region. When I first ripped it with 8.0.6.0 it did ask me to manually select the region but with 8.0.7.0 it didn't, it just ripped it. I wonder if I missed a setting somewhere.

Thank you for the info and I'll wait until it's fixed.

You probably have region set to automatic. Sometimes it works sometimes it's not. Just go into Blu-ray video settings, enable region removal and specify 'always ask'. Then anydvd will as the setting says, always ask you to specify a disc region.

When I first ripped it with 8.0.6.0 it did ask me to manually select the region but with 8.0.7.0 it didn't,
AnyDVD remembers your choice.

A retail region A disc (although AnyDVD can't determine the region). Ripped with 8.0.7.0 and played on PDVD 16. After the Atmos demo I get a black screen and the movie never starts.
See if it works now.

That did it, I just finished watching the movie.

Thank you Ch3vron and Pete for your help.

Back