• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

John Wick 2 a bust

dlpweb3

Can't rip to hard drive

OR

make backup copy of JW2 (DVD)

?????

are my settings wrong b/c I'm getting error message "can't decode all CSS keys" on pretty much EVERY disk lately ....

Red 8.1.4.0
ConeDVD 2.9.3.3

Can't rip to hard drive OR make backup copy of JW2 (DVD)
are my settings wrong b/c I'm getting error message "can't decode all CSS keys" on pretty much EVERY disk lately ....

It's sounds like you might not have your drive region set. Post an AnyDVD logfile with this disc so someone can take a look at the problem.

Don't know if I did that correctly, but attached is a zip.

the disk plays properly in PowerDVD. Can't rip to disk using RedFox, can't backup using CloneDVD

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.4.0_Info_F_JOHN_WICK_CHAPTER_2.ziplog
    953.6 KB · Views: 3
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Exit AnyDVD completely, & set drive region in Device Manager.

Why is this in the CloneBD forum?

Last edited:
Thanks! 1 problem resolved.

John Wick 2 still won't rip or copy (plays OK in PowerDVD). Have tried in 3 different machines with all having identical problem.

When I try to rip it gets to 4%, Title set 19, then stops and spits out error msg:

"anydvd ripper
File IO 3 VTS_19_1VOB 16674816600064"

When I try CloneDVD it goes nowhere and spits out error msg:

"VTS_26_1.VOB
Read Error. Can't read from specified device"

Again, it plays normally in PowerDVD

Last edited:
Playback is capable of tolerating some errors. Copying is bit-for-bit & if it encounters errors...
Try cleaning the disc w/ a lint-free cloth (lens cleaner) or somesuch. Could be a 'bad' disc, tho.

Did so ---

guess I'll exchange the disk and try again.

And thank you again for pointing out the "Region" issue and how to fix it.

Yeah - just exchanged the disk with the same (bad) results

will try the beta release ...

downloaded onto a machine I don't care as much about and it seems to be working fine (with CloneDVD)

Thanks!

Glad I could help. Sorry about the re-rental...

Rental? Purchased disk; making a backup in case of an EMP attack:whistle::whistle::whistle:

The virus warning is odd. Never happened before (had 8.1.4.0, no virus warning)

Properly stated, sorry for the unnecessary return.

Like I said, almost a month old issue due to a limited-scope DNS cache poisoning issue. Few saw it & the RF dealt with it with their typical 'ruthless speed/efficiency', but it has proven to have legs. It'll clear up eventually.

Avast still screams about 8.1.4.0, but doesn't react to 8.1.4.3.

Thanks! 1 problem resolved.

John Wick 2 still won't rip or copy (plays OK in PowerDVD). Have tried in 3 different machines with all having identical problem.

When I try to rip it gets to 4%, Title set 19, then stops and spits out error msg:

"anydvd ripper
File IO 3 VTS_19_1VOB 16674816600064"

When I try CloneDVD it goes nowhere and spits out error msg:

"VTS_26_1.VOB
Read Error. Can't read from specified device"

Again, it plays normally in PowerDVD

2 of the title sets are bogus. Unselect the ones that are 2:35:xx long in clone dvd and it should copy fine. It did for me.

Avast still screams about 8.1.4.0, but doesn't react to 8.1.4.3.
Actually it does, right after the last byte of 8.1.4.3. finishes downloading...Avast says it's malicious and then deletes it on the spot. No questions asked. Tested this twice.

Please do not hijack a protection issue with a completely unrelated false positive post. Stay on topic. There's a dozen topics already like this in general chat and more get created on a daily basis. This doesn't need to spread to other topics too

So here is an interesting occurrence. The John Wick 2 feature film will not play in my PC with AnyDVD running. The previews will play but not the movie. If I disable AnyDVD, the movie will play. When I try and back it up, only the previews are showing as available files to back up. Disable AnyDVD and the whole move is there but of course with all the protection it doesn't make a playable back up. Smart movie.

Back