• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Jitter plus audio loss

Clarity3

Having made a backup (version 1.0.2.6) to folder of Guardians of the Galaxy – Partial (Movie only with DTS-HD and one subtitle), I tested the result on the converting PC, playing the first two to three minutes via PowerDVD. All appeared fine so I used IMG Burn to write a BD-RE disc, which again played without issue on the PC.

However, when playing the disc on a standalone BD player (pre 2012, so no Cinavia influences), during the first minute, at a point when speech first occurs the audio jitters for a few seconds. The audio input display on the AV unit ‘flicks’ during this period suggesting the DTS input is changing/dropping out.

Interesting observation: Playing the partial copy from folder with the CloneBD internal player has no speech but all other background audio. Moving the progress slider to a point further in the film brings the speech in and returning the slider to the beginning the speech is retained. Re-selecting the source and starting the internal player again results in no speech again.

Not sure if there is a connection but on two other recent backups to BD-RE, during play on the standalone BD player, the film suddenly jitters and speeds up then freezes. This is repeatable when playing up to this point, but if the point is skipped by fast forwarding over it and then returning to the same point the film continues to play normally.

I am unable to provide any log files as having thought each of these backups to folder were good.

Just made a full disc copy using 1.26 and mine works fine on a SL BD-R in my set-top player, I'm now making a 'movie only' to see how that works.

Just made a 'movie only' with full HD audio and watched 20 mins so far on my set-top player with no glitches

Last edited:
Just made a 'movie only' with full HD audio and watched 20 mins so far on my set-top player with no glitches

Did you make a copy direct from disc or folder and if folder was it a ripped file or ISO?

I have tried a second time from the same folder source with the same result. I will try direct from disc next.

Did you make a copy direct from disc or folder and if folder was it a ripped file or ISO?

I have tried a second time from the same folder source with the same result. I will try direct from disc next.

Have made a partial copy direct from disc and get the same result. I have also borrowed the same BD (Guardians of the Galaxy) from a friend and tried that today. Again, get the same effect.

Adbear, is your BD region A or B. I am wondering if there is a region related difference ie in the pressing?

I have created a log file so will send it to elby.

I'm using an image of a region A disc as I don't like the constant wear on my Blu-ray drive

Back