Jet Li Fearless Hd dvd not playing with anydvd 6.4.2.2

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by incova, May 18, 2008.

1. incova

incova Member

Hi all, this is my first post simply because this has been my first problem with a HD DVD and Anydvd. I have upgraded Anydvd to the most recent version. I have played all the Matrix movies, and Elizabeth the golden age so far, no problems.
    i tried searching for a way to fix this problem but no luck so far. I am using the trial version of Anydvd HD at the moment. I am running my pc with xp pro service pack 3. I know there are problems with this dvd but the hd dvd problems are something I have only become aware of. Can anyone give me any advice on the settings I should use, thanks.

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

No. Anydvd handles the dvd perfectly fine.

Not with the absence of information that you've provided.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4503 and answer the questions

3. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Jet Li's Fearless (US) HD DVD works perfectly fine with AnyDVD HD (default settings).

4. incova

incova Member

Apologies for the lack of info, I thought the probelms was just a setting.

1: Remove packet writing software from your system, including Roxio's Directcd, Nero's Incd, Roxio/Sonic's DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access, CyberLink InstantBurn, NTI's Filecd, etc.

1: Under processes I have IBurn.exe which belongs to cyberlink I believe, i take it I should shut this down before doing anything.

2: Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, and d) release date of the disc that you're experiencing issues with.

2: HD DVD
    Jet Li's Fearless
    R0 is the region I think, although I thought Hd DVDs dont have region coding.
    The disc was released in dec 2006 I think, this is a link to the exact dvd.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fearless-HD-DVD-Jet-Li/dp/B000W668PI

3: Summary for drive K: (AnyDVD 6.4.2.2)
    HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.00 43092807117C6K4454
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a HD DVD.
    Booktype: hd-dvd (version 3), Layers: 2 (opposite)
    Size of first Layer: 6054272 sectors (11824 MBytes)
    Total size: 10836096 sectors (21164 MBytes)
    Video HD DVD label: FEARLESS
    Media is AACS protected!
    Removed AACS copy protection!

I do not get error messages it just wont play and sometimes the computer will just restart when I attempt to play the disc or close Cyberlink. I have version
    7.03.2911 of Cyberlink power dvd to play hd dvds, I got the software with my
    LG Hd DVD Blu ray pc drive. I am only using Anydvd and Cyberlink when attempting to play this hd dvd nothing else.

I will post the log file asap.

5. incova

incova Member

here the zip log

log file for Fearless.

Attached Files:

6. incova

incova Member

Graphics drivers

As far as I know I have latest drivers I just built my Htpc around 3 weeks ago and downloaded all the new drivers. The HD DVD does not have the same cover as the U.S version and has French and English writing on it with the start and intro in French.

7. incova

incova Member

got a error message

Powerdvd.exe Application Error

The instruction at "0x7c910b0c" referenced memory at "0x9e5673cf". The memory could not be "written"

This is the first time I have got a error message, this was after I shut down Cyberlink, or tried to and after I shut down the Iburn.exe in processes.

8. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

From CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software . . . packet writing software in general is bad news and interferes with a lot of programs including Slysoft's. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead (with a FAT file format), which is more stable.

i) Create a backup of your registry
    ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
    (it's also an excellent program imo)
    iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "clbstor". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
    iv) Reboot

Keep in mind whatever program installed that filter may no longer work properly.

Update Powerdvd

9. incova

incova Member

thanks for the help sir

I will give that a try, thanks for all the help.

10. incova

incova Member

updating sorted everything out

thanks for all the help updating the build of power dvd sorted it all out, thanks for everything.