• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My Life Is Tech

Would it be possible to add a feature to AnyDVD where it caches the information from the OPD for discs that one decrypts with these protections locally?

Also a question. When keeping copy protection on Rip to ISO, does that also keep the Java/Screenpass/PlayList Obfuscated protections as well? If so, then that would mean that in order to decrypt that protected ISO in the future, we would need internet access to the OPD everytime we wanted to play that disc.

If you make an ISO with copy protection left on then AnyDVD doesn't do anything with it it just makes an ISO of the disc

Hmm... in that case we would probably need the access to the OPD then in order to decrypt the protected ISO, dang... though my question still stands, if the developers would be willing to allow the results from the OPD be cached in the local database for offline use of the protected ISO.

Hmm... in that case we would probably need the access to the OPD then in order to decrypt the protected ISO, dang... though my question still stands, if the developers would be willing to allow the results from the OPD be cached in the local database for offline use of the protected ISO.

The information is already built into AnyDVD - each release includes all information that was gathered up until then.
You worry too much ;)

Ah, so with each new version of AnyDVD, it includes the information for all Java, Screenpass and Playlist Obfuscated discs up to that release date? I just remember about a year and a half ago, that the latest version of AnyDVD at the time, right after SlySoft had shut down, only had the information for discs with screenpass and such about a year or two older than the software locally, has that changed since then? Though I know the newer BD+ and other such stuff is only in the online database, but luckily that gets cached locally after the disc has been ripped once so it could be used again offline.

And yeah, maybe I do. :p Just under a bit of stress here recently, and haven't used AnyDVD in quite some time, and I've just got numerous concerns, given than I'm OCD and apparently a bit of a perfectionist. :)

Ah, so with each new version of AnyDVD, it includes the information for all Java, Screenpass and Playlist Obfuscated discs up to that release date?
Yes.
I just remember about a year and a half ago, that the latest version of AnyDVD at the time, right after SlySoft had shut down, only had the information for discs with screenpass and such about a year or two older than the software locally, has that changed since then?
In the SlySoft days screenpass, playlist obfuscation, ... information was never part of AnyDVD. Yes, we actually do improve the program. ;)
Though I know the newer BD+ and other such stuff is only in the online database, but luckily that gets cached locally after the disc has been ripped
Inserted. No need to rip. AnyDVD is designed for WATCHING.
once so it could be used again offline.
BD+ information is not incuded within AnyDVD, correct.

@James ? About the opd I realize it's a big dl but would the option be considered to be able for dl????? :)

Afaik that's still on the to do list, just in case redfox were to get shut down (but lets hope that never happens, at least not in the next 9 yrs.)

Yes.

In the SlySoft days screenpass, playlist obfuscation, ... information was never part of AnyDVD. Yes, we actually do improve the program. ;)

Inserted. No need to rip. AnyDVD is designed for WATCHING.

BD+ information is not incuded within AnyDVD, correct.

Ah sweet, thanks for all the information @James, I really appreciate it, and I'm glad to hear that all this information is now included directly within AnyDVD, and it's greatly appreciated since it doesn't get cached from the OPD, and I'm assuming that every new revision of AnyDVD would be updated with that latest information from the OPD locally.

Also, I'm not sure if Java is the same or separate, but is Java protection contained locally as well for all discs up to the release date of the revision of AnyDVD?

By ripping, I essentially meant copying, or rather, backing up, since AnyDVD does say "Rip to Image".

I do hope that, like @amazing said, that the OPD might one day be available for download. I could care less how much HDD space it takes up, since it's practically invaluable, and if one is backing up blu-rays, one would also assume that they have ample storage space available for it. But at the very least, I would hope that if anything were to happen to RedFox, which I hope nothing will ever happen to you guys, knock on wood, that the entire OPD would be released for download so we could preserve everything that we have thus far.

Back