• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Japanese users need support BDAV on AnyDVD HD

It sounds to me like this is similar to the CPRM protection put on DVDs buy DVD recorders, effectively locking the recording to the device that recorded it. Is this how it works? Do the Blu Ray discs you record play on other players and recorders? If not, then that player's internal keys would be required (different for every player), so Slysoft would have to crack every single one for their software to work with these discs. I doubt that will happen.

Yes that's my understanding too - why should AnyDVD help you to pirate a movie recorded from your recording unit that you do not legally own?

The same thing could be said about commercial discs.
And the reason is to play it on non hdcp compliant pc.

Hi,

I'm Japanese too and a user of AnyDVD for several years. Today, I came here to know whether AnyDVD HD works with BDAV or not. It seems AnyDVD HD does not support BDAV. It's sad to me.

Yes that's my understanding too - why should AnyDVD help you to pirate a movie recorded from your recording unit that you do not legally own?

Indeed, we legally own recorded programs. We have right to record/edit/play HD broadcasting programs. I am talking about public broadcasting programs. Japanese broadcasting company simply forced to hold all recorded HD broadcasting programs with encryption. So, we can record/edit/play them on commercial product like standalone recorder that works with encryption. We just could not edit/backup it on PC in Japan since it's encrypted... This is a problem of Japanese broadcasting. So, I do not want to claim it here. I just simply wanted to explain that it's not pirating (in my opinion).

Anyway, thanks for AnyDVD. It was a great product to watch DVD on PC.8)

Hi,

I'm Japanese too and a user of AnyDVD for several years. Today, I came here to know whether AnyDVD HD works with BDAV or not. It seems AnyDVD HD does not support BDAV. It's sad to me.
Not yet. But it will in a future release.

Can I request if this is still a feature planned for AnyDVD HD? I suspect there is now a growing number of Blu-ray recorder owners getting quite frustrated with the 'Copy Once' flags and would welcome a system to be able to rip to PC and re-burn.

... and from the mountaintop

Be patient. Good things take time and some even a little longer.

The voice from the mountaintop tells me it's in the plan.... ;)

Back