1. RedFox is offering a Xmas discount of 20% on all products (except upgrades/renewals), valid until December 18, 2022. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act!
    Dismiss Notice

Jade Empire Special Edition (North America) for the PC works with Game Jackal (on XP)

Discussion in 'GameJackal' started by Webslinger, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Scanning -> C:\Program Files\Jade Empire\JadeEmpire.exe
    File Type : Exe, Size : 8303608 (07EB3F8h) Bytes
    -> Suspicious MZ Header..
    -> File has 5624 (015F8h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 07E9E00h
    [!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.30.0015

Nice :agree:

Of course, I don't know if the Securom time server issue will affect me in the future.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  2. khlb

khlb Well-Known Member

Good thing still BioWare has opted for Securom for its products - and not StarForce. I was disappointed to discover that Dreamfall was shipped with Securom in the U.S and with StarForce in Europe.

Still what is the the Securom time server issue? A publisher can select if a game need additional activation over internet or phone similar to many commercial products today, from Microsoft, Adobe, Symantec etc.
    Is this correct?

On a sidenote: Look forward to this game - Have not played it. I'm a diehard pc-gamer only.:)

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Dreamfall contained an excellent story--highly underrated game . . .

Basically, the profile works for a couple of days--and then doesn't. You'll get a message asking you to connect to a securerom server to validate something . . . (the issue is related to your system clock/date and time properties)

4. khlb

khlb Well-Known Member

Thnx for the reply.

This could be really fun. When a Daylight Saving offset occurs, then the gaming collective must hook on to Sony server's to validate their protected games.

:disagree: