Jade Empire Special Edition (North America) for the PC works with Game Jackal (on XP)

Discussion in 'GameJackal' started by Webslinger, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Scanning -> C:\Program Files\Jade Empire\JadeEmpire.exe
    File Type : Exe, Size : 8303608 (07EB3F8h) Bytes
    -> Suspicious MZ Header..
    -> File has 5624 (015F8h) bytes of appended data starting at offset 07E9E00h
    [!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.30.0015

Nice :agree:

Of course, I don't know if the Securom time server issue will affect me in the future.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  2. khlb

khlb Well-Known Member

Good thing still BioWare has opted for Securom for its products - and not StarForce. I was disappointed to discover that Dreamfall was shipped with Securom in the U.S and with StarForce in Europe.

Still what is the the Securom time server issue? A publisher can select if a game need additional activation over internet or phone similar to many commercial products today, from Microsoft, Adobe, Symantec etc.
    Is this correct?

On a sidenote: Look forward to this game - Have not played it. I'm a diehard pc-gamer only.:)

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Dreamfall contained an excellent story--highly underrated game . . .

Basically, the profile works for a couple of days--and then doesn't. You'll get a message asking you to connect to a securerom server to validate something . . . (the issue is related to your system clock/date and time properties)

4. khlb

khlb Well-Known Member

Thnx for the reply.

This could be really fun. When a Daylight Saving offset occurs, then the gaming collective must hook on to Sony server's to validate their protected games.

:disagree: