• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Itunes/iPhone won't sync with V1.6:This might be the solution.

rainbow57uk

I believe Slysoft started using Mencoder with v1.6.
I have found a couple of mencoder params that seem to be essential for Mencoder conversion to iPhone format movies. When I added these to the iPhone AVC profile in devices.ini everything works with the beta version 1.6.1.3. I can now successfully transfer movies which were not transferring before the profile was tweaked (i.e. when iTunes was saying file not transferred because iPhone could not read the format). I understand the "nocabac" parameter turns CABAC (context based adaptive arithmatic coding) off in the video stream, as this is an x264 feature that is not supported on the iPhone. The "level_idc=30" parameter tells MEncoder that we only want x264 options up to level 3.0, the top complexity limit stated in the iPod technical specs

What was changed in Devices.ini for the iPhone AVC profile
changed lavfopts=format=mp4 (from lavfopts=format=ipod) (this might not be essential, haven't had time to test without, note m4v extension files are still created)
added |nocabac|level_idc=30| into the x264params line.

Hope it works for you.

Last edited:

Cool. Any chance you could paste the full profile?

Thanks!

Here you go.

There is a way of pasting this into the post that avoids spurious characters being added but I don't know how this is done. So cutting and pasting this may not work, you might want to try editing the Devices.ini with Notepad or something similar to make it the same as the text below, after taking a copy first.

[iPhone AVC]
Manufacturer=Apple (iPod/iPhone/AppleTV)
ScreenRatio=3:2
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=426x320
ResAna1=480x270
ResUnit=2
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=libx264:coder= 1:acodec=libfaac
FileType=m4v
Quality=25
MaxVBitrate=768
MVolume=10
x264params=level=3|keyint=240|min-keyint=24|ref=3|mixed-refs|bframes=0|nocabac|level_idc=30|subme=6|no-ssim|no-psnr|me=umh|trellis=2|partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8 x8|filter=-1,-1

Last edited:
Here you go.

There is a way of pasting this into the post that avoids spurious characters being added but I don't know how this is done. So cutting and pasting this may not work, you might want to try editing the Devices.ini with Notepad or something similar to make it the same as the text below, after taking a copy first.

[iPhone AVC]
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=426x320
ResAna1=480x270
ResUnit=2
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=libx264:coder= 1:acodec=libfaac
FileType=m4v
Quality=25
MaxVBitrate=768
MVolume=10
x264params=level=3|keyint=240|min-keyint=24|ref=3|mixed-refs|bframes=0|nocabac|level_idc=30|subme=6|no-ssim|no-psnr|me=umh|trellis=2|partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8 x8|filter=-1,-1
You do it by adding code tags:
[ code ]text of profile[ /code ]
(leave out the spaces).

Here it is (quote the post to see it in action):
Code:
[iPhone AVC]
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=426x320
ResAna1=480x270
ResUnit=2
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=libx264:coder=1:acodec=libfaac
FileType=m4v
Quality=25
MaxVBitrate=768
MVolume=10

Thanks. I think the positioning of those parameters has to be correct perhaps.

I tried adding them last night, but the conversion process stalled every time.

OK here is a profile added with code wrappers as advised by Profcoli. I also ensured notepad had word wrap set to off. I hope this one is more reliable. I have cut the profile in this post back into my own devices.ini file and run CLONEDVD MOBILE. I do not get any errors.

Note this profile has the name "iPhone AVC nocabac level30"

Code:
[iPhone AVC nocabac level30]
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=426x320
ResAna1=480x270
ResUnit=2
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
FileType=m4v
Quality=25
MaxVBitrate=768
MVolume=10
x264params=level=3|keyint=240|min-keyint=24|ref=3|mixed-refs|bframes=0|nocabac|level_idc=30|subme=6|no-ssim|no-psnr|me=umh|trellis=2|partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8|filter=-1,-1

Last edited:
My problem might be related to a specific disk. I've just wiped and re-installed CVDVM and it's still failing.

My problem might be related to a specific disk. I've just wiped and re-installed CVDVM and it's still failing.

I did my test with a disk I knew would fully convert but would not transfer on the sync from iTunes. My first post may have had spurious control characters in it. Make sure you use the profile in the later post. it should come up with the new device "iPhone AVC nocabac level30"

Should the file extension be MP4? and not M4V? I changed it and it worked!

Should the file extension be MP4? and not M4V? I changed it and it worked!

Not sure what aspect you are referring too. I believe CLONEDVD MOBILE creates files with M4V files even if the setting is lavfopts=format=mp4. When I was trawling the internet looking for settings info, this was the setting set up for a different package. The indication was that this setting could also be" ipod" or MP4. For me Itunes will translate the resulting M4V files from the profile wihout making any changes.

The profile posting was done without quotes which means characters not liked by CLODEDVD are included. Which is why I believe Parusha had problems. I am no experts so I have no idea if the MP4 vs M4V would make any difference to the resulting output file. Interestingly on Windows 7, the file browser says the file is a MP4 file type when the actual extension is M4V.

Note I updated the profile to show as "iPhone AVC nocabac level30) in the devices list.

Not sure what aspect you are referring too. I believe CLONEDVD MOBILE creates files with M4V files even if the setting is lavfopts=format=mp4. When I was trawling the internet looking for settings info, this was the setting set up for a different package. The indication was that this setting could also be" ipod" or MP4. For me Itunes will translate the resulting M4V files from the profile wihout making any changes.

The profile posting was done without quotes which means characters not liked by CLODEDVD are included. Which is why I believe Parusha had problems. I am no experts so I have no idea if the MP4 vs M4V would make any difference to the resulting output file. Interestingly on Windows 7, the file browser says the file is a MP4 file type when the actual extension is M4V.

Note I updated the profile to show as "iPhone AVC nocabac level30) in the devices list.
The m4v extension was added for compatability with iPod devices, according to the developers elsewhere on this forum:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=221909&postcount=25

Rainbow57uk, your profile (the one in code tags ;) ) works fine for the iPod Touch also - well done!

Can you guys put this into plain old english for those of us who aren't so great with computers. I'm not even sure where to find this file ... much thanks!

Can you guys put this into plain old english for those of us who aren't so great with computers. I'm not even sure where to find this file ... much thanks!

CloneDVDMobile uses a file called Devices.ini to contain the parameters needed to control the code written and used by the developers. The file is located in the following file system folder:

C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneDVDmobile

" C:" may be different on your computer if you chose to install the CloneDVDMobile program to a drive not called C:

Use Windows Explorer to locate the file.

Make sure ClodeDVDMobile is not running.

Copy the devices.ini file to something like devicescopy.ini in case you need to restore the old devices.ini for any reason.

You can edit the Devices.ini file using the Notepad application supplied with Windows. So open the Notepad application, access the format menu and make sure the Wordwrap option is not ticked. Use the menu File item to Open the Devices.ini file. Go to the end of the file. Select all of the text in the code box below, copy the text and then paste it to the end of the Devices.ini file. Save the file using File/Save and exit Notepad.

Code:
[iPhone AVC nocabac level30]
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=426x320
ResAna1=480x270
ResUnit=2
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
FileType=m4v
Quality=25
MaxVBitrate=768
MVolume=10
x264params=level=3|keyint=240|min-keyint=24|ref=3|mixed-refs|bframes=0|nocabac|level_idc=30|subme=6|no-ssim|no-psnr|me=umh|trellis=2|partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8|filter=-1,-1

Now when you enter CloneDVDMobile you should see an option named "iPhone AVC nocabac level30"

Select that option and continue as you would normally do in CloneDVDMobile to convert your movie.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for that!!! I followed your directions and see the new option. I am trying it out now.

Slow conversion with CloneDVD Mobile from disk to mp4

As you are so savy with this previous issue (still burning by the way) I was wondering if you have any input on conversion speed. I am converting Julie and Julia to mp4 and it takes 140-170 minutes which seems way too long.

I tried uninstalling my DVD and the secondary bus and updating all the drivers and also making sure they are set to DMA but still very slow.

My pc stats 3 gH, pentium 4, 2 GB ram and 26 GB free on 75 GB hard drive and defraged it recently.

As you are so savy with this previous issue (still burning by the way) I was wondering if you have any input on conversion speed. I am converting Julie and Julia to mp4 and it takes 140-170 minutes which seems way too long.

I tried uninstalling my DVD and the secondary bus and updating all the drivers and also making sure they are set to DMA but still very slow.

My pc stats 3 gH, pentium 4, 2 GB ram and 26 GB free on 75 GB hard drive and defraged it recently.

Not sure about the time. I convert with a quad cpu machine with all cpus being involved, a standard movie takes around 40 mins.

Thankyou! :bowdown:
This Profile Works perfect for me :)
Syncs Fine with 16GB iPod Touch 2G FW 3.1.2 on iTunes 9.0.2.25.

Back