• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Itunes crashes when I try to add file

Part 2

Or is that resolution for MOV and M4v? How would I do an m4v format? I don't remember seeing that one. Is that for an iPod as opposed to an iTouch?

Strange, because CDM defaults to a higher resolution for the iTouch. I don't remember exactly, but it is about 720xsomething.

I think the iPod Touch will support up to 720x576. That's what I used when I used CloneDVD Mobile during the trial and it worked great. Unfortunately, after purchasing CloneDVD Mobile, I haven't been able to get it to work with the iPod Touch.

Back up the list of resolutions to 640x480 or even less and see if it makes a difference.

Last edited:
I got home from my business trip last night and was going to try to duplicate your problem. The first thing iTunes wanted to update to version 8.2.0, so I did that hoping that they had corrected the crashing problem in QuickTime – they have and all is well now. I recommend updating iTunes first thing. I tried four different movies and all played fine on the Touch. The iPod Touch default profile does not exceed 480 X 2xx. Are you are trying to make an mp4 using some other profile?

I got home from my business trip last night and was going to try to duplicate your problem. The first thing iTunes wanted to update to version 8.2.0, so I did that hoping that they had corrected the crashing problem in QuickTime – they have and all is well now. I recommend updating iTunes first thing. I tried four different movies and all played fine on the Touch. The iPod Touch default profile does not exceed 480 X 2xx. Are you are trying to make an mp4 using some other profile?

Our system already had iTunes v8.2.0. I tried upgrading from the QuickTime v7.5.5 to v7.6.2. The previous version 7.6 of QuickTime was the one crashing all the time. After upgrading to v7.6.2 (while also running iTunes v8.2.0), I'm back to crashing. The resolution for the video was 480 x 270, which is the profile for the iPod Touch in CloneDVD Mobile.

I'm going to try running CloneDVD Mobile again to see if that makes any difference.

BTW, The DVD I'm trying to get to work with the iPod Touch is Ghost Town. It sounds like other people are also having problems with this movie. If I can't get it to work with Ghost Town, I may try another movie.

I happen to have Ghost Town in my collection so I gave it a try. You're right, iTunes chokes on it, just crashes! VLC will play the file fine but QuickTime can't handle it.

Update: I tried Handbrake just to see if it is CDM. Handbrake makes an m4v file that works fine in QuickTime and the Touch. Maybe the new beta on Monday will fix this one?

Last edited:
I happen to have Ghost Town in my collection so I gave it a try. You're right, iTunes chokes on it, just crashes! VLC will play the file fine but QuickTime can't handle it.

Update: I tried Handbrake just to see if it is CDM. Handbrake makes an m4v file that works fine in QuickTime and the Touch. Maybe the new beta on Monday will fix this one?

A new CloneDVD Mobile beta is coming Monday? Maybe I should have waited before I went to the trouble of trying to use the combination of Nero 8, Daemon Tools, DVDdecryptor and Vidora Ipod converter. I'm at the final stage, so Vidora is running right now and will probably finish in a couple hours. This process is a lot more of a hassle to manage and get working. That's why I bought CloneDVD Mobile.

I had never heard of HandBrake, but after going to their website it sound pretty good. Why don't you just use HandBrake?

Last edited:
I've used CloneDVDmobile for a long while now and like it best of all the programs I have in my toolbox. It's like the old saying goes, "never put all your eggs in one basket". Just as in this case if one has a compatibility problem another might work.

BTW Nero 9 now has an iPhone/Touch converter in it, I'll try Ghost Town on it. Update: Works fine 640X352

Last edited:
I've experienced the same problem. I create an MP4 with CloneDVD Mobile v1.2.0.1 to use with an iPod Touch. Then when I try to add the file to my iTunes library, iTunes crashes.

When I try to play the MP4 with QuickTime v7.6, QuickTime crashes.

So I tried uninstalling QuickTime 7.6 and installed QuickTime 7.5.5 using the link mentioned in this thread.

After rebooting my computer, I tried playing the same MP4 with the QuickTime v7.5.5 player. QuickTime doesn't crash, but I don't get any video. The audio plays and the screen is blank. I also tried adding the file to my iTunes library. The file imports, but when I try playing it, the screen is blank and the audio works.

I tried reinstalling QuickTime 7.5.5 and rebooting again, but that didn't make any difference. Any ideas why I'm getting audio, but no video?

Since the reason I purchased CloneDVD Mobile, was to convert my DVDs to a format compatible with my iPod Touch. And since I am dependent on iTunes (and QuickTime) to both play and sync to these files. And since Apple will continue to update both these programs. AND, since Apple has no incentive to fix anything for SlySoft, especially if a SlySoft solution may keep people from purchasing movies from Apple's iTune Store, I think SlySoft should update CloneDVD Mobile to work with the latest version of iTunes and QuickTime.

Does SlySoft plan to fix or update CloneDVD Mobile so it is compatible with the latest versions?

I am having the same exact problem with Band of Brothers Part 10. Running WinXP SP3, iTunes 8.2.0.23, QuickTime v7.5.5, CloneDVD Mobile v1.2.0.1 on the Apple iTouch format. This is driving me crazy...any other ideas?

Last edited:
I am having the same exact problem with Band of Brothers Part 10. Running WinXP SP3, iTunes 8.2.0.23, QuickTime v7.5.5, CloneDVD Mobile v1.2.0.1 on the Apple iTouch format. This is driving me crazy...any other ideas?
You could try updating to 1.6.1.0 and follow the suggestions in the sticky thread for that - there is a custom profile there also for the Touch.

The processing speed of v1.6 is double that of v1.2, but I will deal with if it works.

I have the same problem with Ghost Town. Tried ver 1.6 and NOTHING works with that one. Went back to previous versions and other movies shrink just fine. When I used Clone mobile 1.6 on GT, it took forever but could watch it in iTunes. Still, would not transfer to iPod. Then, found out every movie did the same. With older ver 1.2, it converts the movie but when try to import file to iTunes, iTunes crashes. Can't win either way. I don't think this movie ever worked.

I have the same problem with Ghost Town. Tried ver 1.6 and NOTHING works with that one. Went back to previous versions and other movies shrink just fine. When I used Clone mobile 1.6 on GT, it took forever but could watch it in iTunes. Still, would not transfer to iPod. Then, found out every movie did the same. With older ver 1.2, it converts the movie but when try to import file to iTunes, iTunes crashes. Can't win either way. I don't think this movie ever worked.

Did you uninstall 1.6x before installing 1.2 or install 1.2 in a different folder? You can't just install 1.2.0.1 over 1.6.1.0 it won't work.

Did you uninstall 1.6x before installing 1.2 or install 1.2 in a different folder? You can't just install 1.2.0.1 over 1.6.1.0 it won't work.

Where do I get 1.2? I moved to 1.6 and I don't see 1.2 online.

Back