• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Itunes crashes when I try to add file

legitum

I had been using CloneDVD mobile fine until now, however on the last few occasions I have gone to add file to my itunes library, clicked on the cloneDVD file in question, and a window has appeared saying 'iTunes has stopped working, windows can check online for a solution to the problem'. When I go to check online nothing happens so all I can do is close the program. I would stress that this is a file that has been converted to Ipod Touch format in the usual manner, of no more in size than 500mb. On going into the detail of the error I get the following:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iTunes.exe
Application Version: 8.1.0.52
Application Timestamp: 49b9d79b
Fault Module Name: QuickTimeH264.qtx
Fault Module Version: 7.60.92.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 49628b2f
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00058444
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Andy

iTunes

I have the same issue on two computers. Both computers are running Vista Ult. 64bit and both are converting the videos to iTouch format. I also noticed this does the same thing when you try and open the files in Quick Time.

Upon further research I found forums saying this type error happens when the Mp4 tags are written incorrectly. However I have yet to figure out how to correct them. I know the Mp4 files them self works because I can play them in alternate players such as VLC media player. I was able to get a movie to import/play in iTunes by runing a full video convert which took like 2hrs yet the movie was grainy and not the type of output I want. So I would prefer not to have to do since my CloneMobile was purched to make my life easier not harder.

Do you guys drag and drop to your device or what? I haven't had this issue.

Same here...

I have the same problem.

Interestingly, though, I converted 3 episodes from 1 disc in one batch session. The first one imported into iTunes without an issue, but the other two cause the crash.

All subsequent conversions have the same problem....

From my own experience I know that both iTunes and Quicktime react sensitively on variations in the file format compared to what they are used to as downloaded by them. I know they love to crash at any given opportunity. That's why I consider this software rubbish and recommend not to use it. Even the user interface is crap, not able to play a video smoothly in iTunes while clicking around in the library or maximize and minimize the windows and so on. Not to mention the crap Mac-like visual style which is burdensomely slow and behaves totally different than any other windows application (Windows users are used to the fact that any click onto the surface of an application, regardless of whether it is the active one or not, will have an effect, but not the oh so good surface of iTunes that fancies itself.)

Regardless, CloneDVDmobile is supposed to produce files that are compatible with iTunes/Quicktime and it currently doesn't.

Other applications are still producing compatible files. In fact, if I take the MP4 that has comeout of CDM and run it though, for example, XviD4PSP to remux the streams, the resultant file works okay.

Admittedly, I have to re-encode the audio as XviD4PSP seems to crash or loose the audio if you just try to copy it. Maybe that's a bug, or maybe there is something not quite right with the audio stream...

How the files differ....?

Before:

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom
File size : 304 MiB
Duration : 49mn 40s
Overall bit rate : 855 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2009-04-03 00:44:16
Tagged date : UTC 2009-04-03 00:44:16

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Baseline@L3.0
Format settings, CABAC : No
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 727 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 9 464 Kbps
Width : 480 pixels
Height : 270 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Resolution : 24 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.224
Stream size : 258 MiB (85%)
Writing library : x264 core 59 r818 d4b7d2b
Encoding settings : cabac=0 / ref=1 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=hex / subme=5 / brdo=0 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=0 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=727 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=1.00 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=2:1.00 / cabac=0 / ref=1 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=hex / subme=5 / brdo=0 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=0 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=727 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=1.00 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=2:1.00
Encoded date : UTC 2009-04-03 00:44:16
Tagged date : UTC 2009-04-03 00:44:49

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version : Version 4
Format profile : LC
Format settings, SBR : No
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate : 125 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 185 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits
Stream size : 44.6 MiB (15%)
Encoded date : UTC 2009-04-03 00:44:44
Tagged date : UTC 2009-04-03 00:44:49[/FONT]

After:

Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media
Codec ID : isom
File size : 305 MiB
Overall bit rate : 859 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2009-04-09 15:50:11
Tagged date : UTC 2009-04-09 15:50:11

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Baseline@L3.0
Format settings, CABAC : No
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 727 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 9 464 Kbps
Width : 480 pixels
Height : 270 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Resolution : 24 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.224
Stream size : 258 MiB (85%)
Writing library : x264 core 59 r818 d4b7d2b
Encoding settings : cabac=0 / ref=1 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=hex / subme=5 / brdo=0 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=0 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=727 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=1.00 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=2:1.00 / cabac=0 / ref=1 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=hex / subme=5 / brdo=0 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=0 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=727 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=1.00 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=2:1.00
Encoded date : UTC 2009-04-09 15:50:11
Tagged date : UTC 2009-04-09 15:50:36

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version : Version 4
Format profile : LC
Format settings, SBR : No
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate : 129 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 141 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits
Stream size : 45.8 MiB (15%)
Encoded date : UTC 2009-04-09 15:50:34
Tagged date : UTC 2009-04-09 15:50:36

BTW - Neither file contains any metadata and if I add a tag it doesn't make any difference, so it's not that one again.

:bang:

itunes crashes with Clone DVD Mobile files

I have been using clone dvd mobile for well over a year without problem. I have not made any changes to my system (except updating iTunes) but suddenly now itunes crashes whenever I try to add a file created by dvd mobile for the itouch to the itunes library. Any chance Slyfox will have a fix soon?

I use CDM just about every week with iTunes and my iTouch. I use version 1.2.0.1, I have never gotten 1.5.0.4 to work with them. Also make sure net framework is installed and upated for iTunes to work correctly.

same problem here. Most movies work but e.g. Terminal and Burn after Reading wont work

Same issue for me as well. I have a MacBook Pro with Leopard and Itunes crashes when I try to upload certain CDM .mp4 movies. The problem is intermittent in the sense that some work just fine and other just won't work. I should note that all of these .mp4's that crash Itunes also crash when I to play them using Quicktime. The VLC media player plays all of the .mp4's without a hitch.

What's interesting, one of my old CDM .mp4's used to work just fine on my old Windows Vista Itunes setup and transferred just fine to my iPod Touch, but now no longer works on my Leopard setup. However, my guess is this issue has been sparked as a bug in an update in the Itunes software as opposed to a switching systems issue.

Anyways, I would love a workaround if anyone has been able to solve this problem.

I encountered this problem too. Guys the problem is with QuickTime 7.6 that iTunes includes in the latest version and not CloneDVDmobile. I went into control panel and uninstalled QuickTime and went here: http://www.oldversion.com/download_QuickTime_7.5.5.html and downloaded version 7.55 and problem solved! 7.55 will not install over 7.6 you'll have to uninstall from the control panel, install 7.55 then reboot. Movies that crashed iTunes now work fine!

I encountered this problem too. Guys the problem is with QuickTime 7.6 that iTunes includes in the latest version and not CloneDVDmobile. I went into control panel and uninstalled QuickTime and went here: http://www.oldversion.com/download_QuickTime_7.5.5.html and downloaded version 7.55 and problem solved! 7.55 will not install over 7.6 you'll have to uninstall from the control panel, install 7.55 then reboot. Movies that crashed iTunes now work fine!

Great info. I have not had this problem yet, but if I do I guess you have just explained what to do. :rock:

Hi Roger, if you update iTunes to version 8.1.1.10 you will at some point run into this. I didn’t for a while, but did ultimately. It just didn’t make sense to me that CDM worked so well for so long then after an update to iTunes that I could blame CDM for the issue. So I went the QuickTime route. The same movie that crashed QT when encoded at 25 on the quality slider would work fine with the slider at 20? So what’s up with that? This scenario was true for some movies and not for others and that made the cheese more binding! The movies that QT would handle at version 7.55 will no longer play at version 7.6 so I just rolled back to 7.55 and everything works as before the update to iTunes.

I've experienced the same problem. I create an MP4 with CloneDVD Mobile v1.2.0.1 to use with an iPod Touch. Then when I try to add the file to my iTunes library, iTunes crashes.

When I try to play the MP4 with QuickTime v7.6, QuickTime crashes.

So I tried uninstalling QuickTime 7.6 and installed QuickTime 7.5.5 using the link mentioned in this thread.

After rebooting my computer, I tried playing the same MP4 with the QuickTime v7.5.5 player. QuickTime doesn't crash, but I don't get any video. The audio plays and the screen is blank. I also tried adding the file to my iTunes library. The file imports, but when I try playing it, the screen is blank and the audio works.

I tried reinstalling QuickTime 7.5.5 and rebooting again, but that didn't make any difference. Any ideas why I'm getting audio, but no video?

Since the reason I purchased CloneDVD Mobile, was to convert my DVDs to a format compatible with my iPod Touch. And since I am dependent on iTunes (and QuickTime) to both play and sync to these files. And since Apple will continue to update both these programs. AND, since Apple has no incentive to fix anything for SlySoft, especially if a SlySoft solution may keep people from purchasing movies from Apple's iTune Store, I think SlySoft should update CloneDVD Mobile to work with the latest version of iTunes and QuickTime.

Does SlySoft plan to fix or update CloneDVD Mobile so it is compatible with the latest versions?

If your movie won't play with QuickTime it won't play on the touch. Are you using CDM version 1.2.0.1?

BTW, the MP4 file created with CloneDVD Mobile v1.2.0.1 plays fine with VLC media player.

If your movie won't play with QuickTime it won't play on the touch. Are you using CDM version 1.2.0.1?

Yes, I am using CloneDVD Mobile version 1.2.0.1, which I also mentioned in my post. And I realize that it won't work with the iPod Touch if it doesn't play correctly with QuickTime. I also mentioned that after uninstalling QuickTime 7.6 and installing QuickTime 7.5.5, it now plays with QT 7.5.5, but the video is blank while the audio works. It will probably do the same with the iPod Touch, but I haven't tried syncing the file yet.

Same here

I am having the same problem lately. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I have been able to convert to other formats no problem. Will the iTouch play any video formats besides mp4? Maybe an MOV or AVI format?

Yeah it will play MOV files and m4v. Also don't exceed 640x480 frame resolution.

Last edited:
Interesting

Strange, because CDM defaults to a higher resolution for the iTouch. I don't remember exactly, but it is about 720xsomething.

Back