• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

It looks like Blu-ray won?

Datus;90653 There hasnt been a single Sony media format that the consumer has bought into. [/QUOTE said:
and now i believe many people will perceive Blu ray as the ps3 format. there needs to be many more standalone players at a cheeper price you cant be successful by having a gaming machine as your main player, i think it turns off a lot of people

Finally. As I said before, if we're going all Blu let's get this show on the road. As much as we all wanted HD DVD to win, that ain't gonna happen so let's just move it along to the Blu camp. Looks like Uni and Paramount are going to take their sweet time, though. Late spring, early summer. Ugh.

and now i believe many people will perceive Blu ray as the ps3 format. there needs to be many more standalone players at a cheeper price you cant be successful by having a gaming machine as your main player, i think it turns off a lot of people

Wait, the ps3 plays games??!?!?! :D

i would disagree, while Sony is truely the devil, why wouldnt you want to buy it JUST for that reason. Think about an uncle or grandpa that wants blu-ray and gets a ps3. the grandkids and nephews will love him even more. plus he probably paid less for a better player then the stand alones.

Finally. As I said before, if we're going all Blu let's get this show on the road. As much as we all wanted HD DVD to win, that ain't gonna happen so let's just move it along to the Blu camp. Looks like Uni and Paramount are going to take their sweet time, though. Late spring, early summer. Ugh.

i do agree i supported/ support both formats, although i prefer hd dvd, at this point i just want to be able to have movies on HDM so i hope blu ray does not screw it up, i think they will make many mistakes which i fear will keep blu ray as a niche format

i do agree i supported/ support both formats, although i prefer hd dvd, at this point i just want to be able to have movies on HDM so i hope blu ray does not screw it up, i think they will make many mistakes which i fear will keep blu ray as a niche format

All too possible. Sony doesn't have a good history of being consumer friendly, but, fortunately it's not just about Sony. The BDA != Sony. So, there's hope that it will be successful. Disney has been strongly supporting the format from the beginning and that goes a long ways towards winning over consumers. But yes, they could easily screw this up and become the next laser disc.

Back