• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Issues with Nero Recode and AnyDVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite clearly stated (http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=114337&postcount=56) what version(s) of Recode to use. You said you followed my instructions. You, in fact, quoted me and replied:

My response is again that "No. You haven't".

I posted that because I had already done it before when that movie first came out, so I did'nt see a need of doing it again. So I did do it again after reading your (Simple instructions) and also stated the version was different with what you had stated. I never looked at the version number until today because I seldom use it.

How would I have known? Well, this leads into the following . . .

I'm also a heavy gamer, and I've also beta tested a fair number of software programs. I've also been known to build systems. What you've just written has absolutely nothing to do with being able to reproduce this specific issue with Recode. With respect to being able to reproduce this issue with Recode, it doesn't matter one whit what your system specs or what bios versions you're using (provided, of course, that the system being used is capable of running Anydvd and Recode). All anyone has to do is follow the very simple steps I outlined. The bug is 100% reproducible.

Who said it was not reproducible?? Not me.
Who said there's not a bug in recode?? Not me..
Who said Slysoft should fix it?? Not me...
But I'm sure you will quote parts of what I say and not the whole description to fuel your one sided argument......

Yeah, well I build systems too.. I know for a fact that it can but I never said it did in this case. You only remember bits of what people say then you are sarcastic in your responses and jump down their throats. Read all of what people are saying before you go on your attacks.

Quite frankly then, you don't understand the problem, and I'm not interested in continuing this conversation. It would be one thing if it were a matter of cleaning up bogus titlesets, but it's not. It's Recode's problem for not being able to accept the dvd standard; the onus lies with Nero.

This is a prime example of you not reading it all and getting the gist. I've already agreed with the fact that it's Nero's problem.:bang:

I don't either. But many do. And they PM me (despite my signature), complaining about something that's not Anydvd's fault (plus I'm not a Slysoft developer, so there's nothing anything I could do about it anyway)--and not anything that Anydvd can do to change. So I find the bug annoying.

Really, at this point I do not care to continue this either. If I agreed with you on everything you would still find something to argue about because what people say to you doesn't sink in. Not all of it. Then you go on a wild tangent that has everyone scratching their heads.

I read posts in here all the time and people state that they are new to this and the software but you are so rude to them, it's really sad.

I'm sure you are very knowledgeable and have helped a lot of people, I'm sure they are grateful. Thats why they overlook your rants.. But you don't know everything....Nor do I but I'm not gonna get into a contest of who has the harder head either..

It's not what you say, it's how you say it. In this case it's how you type it.

I thought we could agree on some things but really it's only one thing, that is, that we don't agree. I tried but you don't see it..

The things I've been telling you all along that I do agree with you about, you argue and keep repeating them like I haven't agreed.

I thought my son was stubborn and bull headed. You've won that one......:)

Anyhow, I'm done with my rant. Sorry if it offended you but thats my view, just as you have yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I went through all the testing to here this? I think next time I hear Recode I'll just say buy CloneDVD2 to shrink and CloneCD to do double layer from now on. Frankster you didn't follow webslingers advice and used the wrong version of Recode and most are using nero 7 or 8 now so this can cause issues best to say nero 6 recode next time so it clears the confusion in the first place.

but you are so rude to them

Frankster said:
I thought my son was stubborn and bull headed. You've won that one......:)

Your introduction of (variable) system configurations, bioses, etc. with respect to this Recode bug was little more than a red herring. You've done nothing to illustrate otherwise.

You saw me twice yesterday state version numbers quite specifically. You quoted me and responded: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=114338&postcount=57
In fact, I raised that point again yesterday (about version numbers not being a variable since I clearly mentioned 2.5.4.0 onwards). It's pretty difficult to suddenly claim ignorance: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=114339&postcount=58

You've now called me "rude", "stubborn", and 'bull headed" instead of dealing with the points I've raised. Argumentum Ad Hominem http://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/person.html

More to the point, if you were insulting anyone else, I would have issued a warning and banned you for a week by now. But since it's me, and I could not possibly care less what you call me, I'll just look the other way.

In the meantime, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the forum rules.

http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

In particular,

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

"We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

Last edited:
Well, the thing is that from the begining of this thread not one mention of the version was made. Simply Recode was stated. I had done this movie Just how Webslinger described but I had done it when the movie first came out..
Thats why I had said that I had already done it. Because I had. Then when I saw he had a version number I did it again but I stated that I did not have that version number.

I'm not nor have I ever, in any post in this thread, said that Recode did not have a bug. I just agreed with something Clams said eary in this thread.
Thats when the(disagreement) on his end went full sail.......And the partial quotes etc. I don't even know what the deal is now. I've agreed with him on numerous things and it gets twisted to fuel whatever you want to call this..:eek:

Your introduction of (variable) system configurations, bioses, etc. with respect to this Recode bug was little more than a red herring. You've done nothing to illustrate otherwise.

Never said it did..........with the Recode bug.......... another point of confusion.

You've now called me "rude", "stubborn", and 'bull headed" instead of dealing with the points I've raised. Argumentum Ad Hominem http://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/person.html

Honest opinion............ Never questioned your points.........
some of which you are getting mixed up with what I did say and that I did not say..

More to the point, if you were insulting anyone else, I would have issued a warning and banned you for a week by now. But since it's me, and I could not possibly care less what you call me, I'll just look the other way.

No insult intended.........

In the meantime, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the forum rules.

http://forum.slysoft.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

I have...........

In particular,

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters."

This is how I feel you are being in a lot of your posts..........

"We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."
This I know and understand..........

If you would take the time to read it all(from the begining) maybe you will see what you have missed in a new light. I know you won't but it would be nice if you would.

You have the power to do what you will because you are a Moderator but I'm sorry if you can't take honest criticism. That's how I see your posts as being.
It's not what you say, it's how you say it. Sometimes I think the other Moderators should moderate you. But then again, thats my opinion...

I'm sure you don't like people putting words in your mouth and neither do I. Thats what I feel you have been doing to me for most of this thread..

All I'm asking you to to is stand back (open minded) and review all of this thread. Then maybe you will see that your not getting what I have said or not said , for that matter, straight..

I was not even trying to insult you but your taking it that way. I stated that (acting) rude, stubborn and bull headed. Just my honest criticism and my opinion.

I have no ill feelings towards you but if you do towards me, then I am sorry. That's how I see it. You are a Moderator and you can ban me if you like. It still won't change my honest criticism that I have of you right now. I don't have a thing in the world against you and don't plan to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi :)
Well I think it is time to move on now.
I can see little benefit to be gained from pursuing this matter.
Hence I am closing this thread. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back