Issues with Amazon Prime and PureVPN/VPN Recommendations

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by microbrain, Apr 6, 2021.

1. microbrain

microbrain New Member

I initially had great success using AnyStream with PureVPN to download from my Amazon account. Occasionally I had glitches and freezes, or would have to try a few different server locations before it would work.

Within the last day or two I consistently have been getting the unfortunate "Your device is connected to the Internet using a VPN or proxy service. Please disable it and try again. For more help, go to amazon.com/pv-vpn." within Amazon Prime in AnyStream. Even after I reinstall, reconnect to various VPN endpoints, change VPN modes, etc. I see the same problem.

While this may be a PureVPN issue primarily, is there anything in the new version that could have affected this? Has anyone had success getting PureVPN to work, or have other suggestions on VPNs that will work with AnyStream?

Thank you in advance.

2. Kamala

Kamala Well-Known Member

nordvpn + any u.s. server

3. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

No, make sure your AS region matches the one in your VPN PRIOR to staring AS. If you enable your VPN first and then change the region in AS you may need to restart AS for the changes to take effect in AS.

4. mikeas

mikeas Active Member

I have had good luck with PrivateVPN so far.

5. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Nord VPN has good speeds but I guess most of them are pretty much the same

6. Don922

Don922 Active Member

I use NordVPN with no issues and good speeds.

7. microbrain

microbrain New Member

Thank you all, I am trying NordVNP now in response to the various posts and am indeed seeing better results!

RedFox 1 likes this.
  8. KPJD53

KPJD53 Member

I use express with no issues. Nord kept returning weird results.

9. johnjon94

johnjon94 Member

I get the fastest speeds using PrivateVPN

10. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

ExpressVPN here too

11. BuddyFunJet

BuddyFunJet Well-Known Member

I use Nord but did have to try a few UK servers to find one that worked well for me. I then set the program to only use that server number. Another plus is this keeps my UK IP address the same between sessions.

12. walstib

walstib Well-Known Member

Nord generally does not have this issue, but it will on occasion pop up. Changing to another server usually resolves for me. It seems to be a cat-n-mouse game. Nord happens to have a lot of global IPs, so the problem does not manifest itself as often