Issues Reading Cinderella (2015)

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by paulkc, Dec 17, 2020.

1. paulkc

paulkc Member

Any DVD keeps crashing every time I try to read this title. I sent to developers but I was just hoping to get some feedback on this.

Attached Files:

2. dbminter

dbminter Well-Known Member

Did you try installing the 8.5.0.2 beta version and trying this disc with that? Given the age of the title, it shouldn't matter, but you never know.

3. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Can you post a logfile?

4. paulkc

paulkc Member

I posted the dump file in the original post. Here is a log file.

Attached Files:

5. paulkc

paulkc Member

Where do I download the beta?

6. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

Betas or the newest release are always the first post in the AnyDVD HD (DVD issues) and AnyDVD HD (Bluray issues) sections.

7. FurryGuy

FurryGuy Well-Known Member

8. dbminter

dbminter Well-Known Member

There's also a new gold release: 8.5.1.0.

9. paulkc

paulkc Member

I updated to 8.5.1.0 this morning and it was able to read the disk, very slowly. Then Handbrake took almost an hour to scan the titles and the main title was not available. Any suggestions? I'm rescanning now to see if I get any different results after restarting Handbrake but wanted to see if you guys had any other suggestions at this point.

10. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Sure. Post a logfile. This time from the non empty drive. But it sounds like a defective / dirty disc and / or drive.

11. paulkc

paulkc Member

Here you go. Didn't realize I sent it empty last time.

Attached Files:

12. paulkc

paulkc Member

Also here is a dump file. I tried cleaning the disk and it crashed ANY DVD again.

Attached Files:

13. Krawk

Krawk Well-Known Member

Disney is not known for any elaborate protections, I would lean towards disc or drive issues, but I'm sure James or Pete can verify.

14. paulkc

paulkc Member

It was a bad disk. I guess I should have seen that in the beginning but the disk didn't LOOK all that bad. Upon getting a replacement, it worked fine. Thanks for all the input.

whatever_gong82 and Aeneas72 like this.