• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Issue with Rogue One and CoCo

Nekra

Hi there ! I am a long time happy customer using "older" versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Just recently I bought Rogue One and CoCo but there were problems with ripping them. Mostly around scene cuts the sound was crapping out for like millisecond. One could hear a short but loud "brrrrrb". This appeared throughtout the whole film, Rogue One more than CoCo. What I usually do: I start up AnyDVD and then let CloneDVD do all the work of ripping and converting.

This had not happened before so I was looking for advice and found that Slysoft no longer existed. To cut a long story short ... here I am now. I downloaded the latest version of the new RedFox AnyDVD hoping that a new version / upgrade would resolve the issue. So before buying I chose to test it first with a trial version. Unfortunately the issue still persists. I tried several things to circumvent the problem which turned out fruitless. However when ripping the CD 1:1 to harddisk and playing it from there I found that the problem takes another shape. Around scene cuts in a non-converted film there are small repetitions like the film going back in time for a few millisecond and then just continuing on. Somehow CloneDVD repairs these sections of the film during conversion but in doing so the sound gets messed up.

Hope there is some helpful advice out there. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.3.0_Info_E_ROGUE_ONE.ziplog
    146.1 KB · Views: 1
Update to the latest version. 8240 release, or beta 8244 found on top of this forum section. If that doesn't work, new logfile please.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Thanks for your quick reply. I downloaded 8240 tested it, then 8244 and tested again. The issue still persists no matter which version. Both logs files from 8240 and 8244 are attached. Hope you have some more clues for me.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.2.4.0_Info_E_ROGUE_ONE.ziplog
    146.8 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_8.2.4.4_Info_E_ROGUE_ONE.ziplog
    146.6 KB · Views: 0
How do you play back?

Usually from an Amazon Fire TV but to check the ripped and converted files after processing I use VLC media player on my Windows10 PC. I also tried Windows Media Player. It is all the same.

However I do believe that this is not a player issue. I copied the DVD once again to disk and playing it from there with different players shows those same "micro-repetition" I described earlier. I guess that this is the cause of the sound artifacts after conversion.

Usually from an Amazon Fire TV but to check the ripped and converted files after processing I use VLC media player on my Windows10 PC. I also tried Windows Media Player. It is all the same.

However I do believe that this is not a player issue. I copied the DVD once again to disk and playing it from there with different players shows those same "micro-repetition" I described earlier. I guess that this is the cause of the sound artifacts after conversion.
Are you playing .vob files from the AnyDVD rip? This can cause this problem.

Yes I do. Playing the .vob files with VLC showed these micro-repetition. However I only did this because my usual way didn't work which is:

1. Place CD in drive
2. Start up AnyDVD and wait until it is ready
3. Start CloneDVDMobile (sorry I called it CloneDVD in my previous posts)
4. Pick the drives path and select one of the streams (see screenshot)
5. Then a few settings more and the deed is done

Only after applying these steps I noticed these strange sound effects in the ripped and converted file (tried different formats). My deduction was that CloneDVDMobile can somehow recognize the double film parts (micro-repetitions) but also compressing the sound which results in the "digital white noise" I hear. Those micro-repitions appear at the exactly same spots where the noisy sound is latter on. So there seems to be a connection.

BTW: I just processed the new Star Wars Last Jedi according to above's steps: No problems.

Attachments

• CloneDVDMobile.jpg
    CloneDVDMobile.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 12
Okay, so it is more of a "CloneDVD mobile" issue.

Maybe. Not sure about it. I can try another program to convert the ripped .vob files and report back if this works. I am kind of sceptical though. Any ideas how to test if the issue results from AnyDVD or Clone DVD mobile?

Okay, so it is more of a "CloneDVD mobile" issue.

Only if it's supposed to handle the repetitions.
Or are they sneaking past AnyDVD to begin with?
Or is the IFO file supposed to know not to play them in the 1st place?
-W (curious)

Maybe. Not sure about it. I can try another program to convert the ripped .vob files and report back if this works. I am kind of sceptical though. Any ideas how to test if the issue results from AnyDVD or Clone DVD mobile?
Easy, rip the disc to folder using AnyDVD. Play the VideoTS.ifo file with Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic, etc. Does it play correctly? If yes, it's not AnyDVD.

On another note, the only CloneDVDmobile version I really trust is 1.2.0.1.

I am curious about that statement.
Would you be willing to share the reason you feel that way?
Art.

Simple, It's slower, but more stable. The 1.9xx series did attempt to fix some things and speed things up, but in the process became buggy elsewhere. It's long overdue for an overhaul.

I am curious about that statement.
Would you be willing to share the reason you feel that way?
Art.
What Ch3vr0n said. Works every time on any disc, just a little slower.

Speaking of which. Got that setup for it @mmdavis I only seem to have the 1.9xx series setups anymore

I'll try to sort that out some time this week when I find the time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Easy, rip the disc to folder using AnyDVD. Play the VideoTS.ifo file with Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic, etc. Does it play correctly? If yes, it's not AnyDVD.

I tried with MPC and indeed, it does play correctly. So not an AnyDVD issue. It seems then that my version of CloneDVDmobile shares a similar issue with VLC. BTW I am using version 1.8.0.2 of CloneDVDmobile. Just remember that I reverted to that version due to issues I had with higher ones.

I tried with MPC and indeed, it does play correctly. So not an AnyDVD issue. It seems then that my version of CloneDVDmobile shares a similar issue with VLC. BTW I am using version 1.8.0.2 of CloneDVDmobile. Just remember that I reverted to that version due to issues I had with higher ones.
Use 1.2.0.1 and you won't have any issues.

Very much correct. Thanks! With 1.2.0.1 it works as supposed. Astouding that I have to install an ever older version than my already old version from 2015. Small drawback though: 1.2.0.1 version provides much less options regarding file formats to convert into, so a second conversion might be needed, but hey, as long as the result is fine I don't mind the extra step. Sidenote: I had to remove newer .exe and .ini files manually as the installer skips them otherwise (installing into same directory as 1.8.0.2 in my case). However I finally have both versions (1.2.0.1 and 1.8.0.2) installed in parallel so I can run either.

Back