• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Issue With Region Error After Mounting ISO

Longstone

I have Star Wars Attack of the clones on DVD I am trying to back up to ISO on my machine. I've confirmed the region setting for my DVD ROM as "1" (ASUS DRW-24B1st)

I used Pavtube DVD Ripper to "Copy Entire Disk" which plops the VIDEO_TS folder in a location I've selected.

Once the copy is finished I use ImgBurn to create an ISO by dragging and dropping the Video_TS folder to the Source box and provide it a destination. Select the appropriate break position etc and click burn.

The ISO is created successfully and I mount it with Virtual Clone drive. However, when I attempt to play the mounted image with Windows Media Player or Virtual Clone Drive (also confirmed the region setting after the image is mounted) I get a message when the movie is supposed to start (previews, warnings & main menu is fine) I get a message indicating the region is incorrect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have Star Wars Attack of the clones on DVD I am trying to back up to ISO on my machine. I've confirmed the region setting for my DVD ROM as "1" (ASUS DRW-24B1st)

I used Pavtube DVD Ripper to "Copy Entire Disk" which plops the VIDEO_TS folder in a location I've selected.

Once the copy is finished I use ImgBurn to create an ISO by dragging and dropping the Video_TS folder to the Source box and provide it a destination. Select the appropriate break position etc and click burn.

The ISO is created successfully and I mount it with Virtual Clone drive. However, when I attempt to play the mounted image with Windows Media Player or Virtual Clone Drive (also confirmed the region setting after the image is mounted) I get a message when the movie is supposed to start (previews, warnings & main menu is fine) I get a message indicating the region is incorrect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This is a RCE protection. AnyDVD can handle this.

This is a RCE protection. AnyDVD can handle this.
Is this a R1 disc? On default settings, AnyDVD makes available the R1 content of RCE DVDs. AFAIK very few (if any) RCE DVDs actually display the "map of the world" (RCE error message) for R1, but in theory *any* non-R1 RCE DVD could do so.

If this is *not* an R1 disc, change the "Default Region" in Video DVD > Settings to the disc's region (NOT your own); though technically that's a good idea for all discs (it's SOP for BDs from other regions), it's not commonly done with DVDs since nearly all RCE DVDs are playable in R1 and AnyDVD auto-detects the valid region(s) of non-RCE DVDs. If you do change it, change it back to R1 before playing any R1 RCE DVDs. (If the disc is R1, this setting should be the default R1.)

Also, make sure at least the first three checkboxes below that (Software Region Code, Hardware Region Code, and Region Code Scripts) are all checked; they should be by default. As long as AnyDVD knows the correct DVD region (via "Default Region" for RCE or auto-detection for other DVDs), those three features should take care of all region coding, and at least on original discs even steer PC player software to the correct region via RPC2 simulation for maximum compatibility. (Your physical drive's region is OK; AnyDVD only requires that it be set once to avoid decryption bugs in certain drives.)

Last edited:
Back