• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Issue with HBOMax not showing all available

sloejack

US based using AS+ version 1.2.2.3 64-bit; my example is that on my iPad and PC Browser I can see (and watch) the movie "Drinking Buddies" However, through AnyStream I can not find that in the search at all.

Is there a known reason/issue with a workaround for this?

US based using AS+ version 1.2.2.3 64-bit; my example is that on my iPad and PC Browser I can see (and watch) the movie "Drinking Buddies" However, through AnyStream I can not find that in the search at all.

I'm one of those that is not able to reproduce the HM search issues that some people are having. I don't even need to click the Search button and the results appeared. Running Windows 11 (64-bit) in the US, no VPN/PiHole/etc.

upload_2021-10-21_11-9-9.png

That said though your question made me curious so I switched to my wife's profile and it shows up. WTF? I suppose that's a work around but I'm curious as to why it behaves that way.

That said though your question made me curious so I switched to my wife's profile and it shows up. WTF? I suppose that's a work around but I'm curious as to why it behaves that way.

That's at least some good news. If you switch back to your profile does it start working? This is good information that may help the Devs identify what conditions are needed to reproduce the issue.

That's at least some good news. If you switch back to your profile does it start working? This is good information that may help the Devs identify what conditions are needed to reproduce the issue.
no, switching back to my profile has the same result, not found. I wonder if AnyStream is caching something about my profile that I can reset?

no, switching back to my profile has the same result, not found. I wonder if AnyStream is caching something about my profile that I can reset?

You can try deleting the Cache and CacheC registry keys under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RedFox\AnyStream\Media\hbomax with AS closed and see if that helps. If not then maybe try the entire hbomax subkey. You will most likely need to login again after deleting the keys.

Hmm, in the interest of helping others troubleshoot this. I wiped out the hbomax entries and it did indeed require me to log back in. Initial test, search for drinking buddies and get the same results as before, nothing. Flip over to wife's profile and it's fine... sort of. 'drinking buddie' (had not typed the s in yet) returned the result, but as soon as I added the 's' to the end it disappeared. Curious I flipped back to my own profile, exact same behavior... drinking buddie returned the result as I'm typing but drinking buddies does not.

Hmm, in the interest of helping others troubleshoot this. I wiped out the hbomax entries and it did indeed require me to log back in. Initial test, search for drinking buddies and get the same results as before, nothing. Flip over to wife's profile and it's fine... sort of. 'drinking buddie' (had not typed the s in yet) returned the result, but as soon as I added the 's' to the end it disappeared. Curious I flipped back to my own profile, exact same behavior... drinking buddie returned the result as I'm typing but drinking buddies does not.

All good information to maybe help the Devs focus on a specific piece of code, along with giving others experiencing this issue some possible workarounds for now. Thanks for going through all of these steps. :)

I'm also experiencing this issue. Interesting that the incorrect movies returned in the search results seem to be the same.
View attachment 60267

Are you able to see the movie in the results if you only type 'star 8' or just star? Does it work if you select a different profile? If you only have one profile then maybe log into hbomax and create another profile for testing?

Also for @sloejack and you, in case it's a weird issue with how character/string translations are performed do we have different language or region values? If they are the same then that should rule out some type of translation API issue.

These are my current settings:
upload_2021-10-21_13-26-1.png

Are you able to see the movie in the results if you only type 'star 8' or just star? Does it work if you select a different profile? If you only have one profile then maybe log into hbomax and create another profile for testing?

Also for @sloejack and you, in case it's a weird issue with how character/string translations are performed do we have different language or region values? If they are the same then that should rule out some type of translation API issue.

View attachment 60268
I dunno. I'm stumped on this one. Just fired AS back up to look at this and test again and now the search works just fine for what I was originally reporting but searching for 'dark knight' for example is fine right up to "dark kni" adding the g and beyond causes it to lose it. I'm using the same language and region settings as you.

I dunno. I'm stumped on this one. Just fired AS back up to look at this and test again and now the search works just fine for what I was originally reporting but searching for 'dark knight' for example is fine right up to "dark kni" adding the g and beyond causes it to lose it. I'm using the same language and region settings as you.

Yeah this is a strange one to identify. "dark knight" returns a bunch of correct matches in the results for me.

Hopefully the Devs will see something based on this new information since it didn't seem like the others that provided log files pinpointed anything specific to identify this issue some are having. Or if they still need more details then maybe they can add some additional logging specific to the interaction data with the provider when searching in another beta update if they need a "brain break" from what they are currently focused on. ;-)

Having same problem with new Dune. I was able to see it with 1221, but could not download. Updated to 1223, now I see only old Dune.

View attachment 60268

I've tried several versions in the search criteria and it doesn't seem to matter. I've noticed that when I get a couple of characters entered, the same incorrect search results (see previous post screenshot) instantly appear. Here's what I stated in the other thread:
I've seen this behavior before if I left the app open for awhile without using it, when I came back the search wouldn't work properly. Closing and opening the app would fix the problem, but it doesn't appear to fix it anymore. I've noticed that the search only finds movies that are currently displayed in the scrolling category bars (ex. "Popular Movies"). No related movie appear in the "Search Results" category bar, but I can click "Search Next" and it will highlight related movies in the other category bars. For instance if I search for a movie that I know is on the HBO site but is not in any of the scrolling category bars (ie. Star 80). When I type in "Star", upper or lower, a bunch of unrelated movies are returned in the "Search Results" category scroll (like It or Succession), but clicking 'Find Next' will only highlight movies with "star" in the title that are currently displayed in the other category bars - Starstruck, Stargirl. I've also tried this with other movies like Great Expectations and it follows the same behavior.

I did create a new profile and tried searching with that profile and the search was back to normal. Interestingly, when I switched back to my original profile it was working there as well. But as another posted (Balthazar) stated who also tried this work-around, this solution only worked for a limited time. I'll update if this work-around fails.

One thing I noticed yesterday is that when I was first notified by HM that the new Dune was available when I searched I only had the old Dune in the results list (along with a bunch of other non-Dune movies). I did close and re-open AS to make sure it had a fresh copy of the page. Late last night when I searched for Dune, the results included both old and new Dune movies, along with the same bunch of non-Dune entries. I started looking into each of the other search results and there were movies where the title or actor list had words like Dunn, Dunne, Dane so it seems like their search is matching variations of the search query and looking through other metadata and not just the title?

Back