• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Iso vs anydvd-hd

interesting

(assumption) If I iso a blu ray, I can burn it because it has the proper boot sectors, etc. Untested but I have the software.

However if I rip a blu ray with anydvd-hd, there is no way that I am aware of to burn it (to be functional) or will Nero (or will name a package) supply what is required to burn it (and be functional to play on a stand-alone)?

TIA

if i remember correctly nero can burn hddvd/bluray but cant play it back with nero showtime unless you purchase the hd plugin.

so i would guess it should work with a standalone. (if i were you i would make sure the iso works in a player before i burn it)

(assumption) If I iso a blu ray, I can burn it because it has the proper boot sectors, etc. Untested but I have the software.

However if I rip a blu ray with anydvd-hd, there is no way that I am aware of to burn it (to be functional) or will Nero (or will name a package) supply what is required to burn it (and be functional to play on a stand-alone)?

TIA

There's no reason for a boot sector on a BDMV - why would you want to boot from a movie? ;)

Nero burns the ripped files just fine. You simply need to select the correct disc type (Blu-ray Disc) and filesystem (UDF 2.5).
Will work on a standalone then. No ISO required.

There are several threads around dealing with BD burns - considering the cost of Blu-ray media, you should read those carefully. BD coasters really hurt...

if i remember correctly nero can burn hddvd/bluray but cant play it back with nero showtime unless you purchase the hd plugin.

so i would guess it should work with a standalone. (if i were you i would make sure the iso works in a player before i burn it)
Even with the plugin it won't play back commercial Blu-rays (BDMV format), only ones you make yourself (BDAV format)

TIA
The ripper is for convenience. you can use CloneCD (or a similar tool) to create an .iso image, and AnyDVD will magically unprotect it in the background.

Back