Iso vs anydvd-hd

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by interesting, Aug 16, 2007.

1. interesting

interesting Member

(assumption) If I iso a blu ray, I can burn it because it has the proper boot sectors, etc. Untested but I have the software.

However if I rip a blu ray with anydvd-hd, there is no way that I am aware of to burn it (to be functional) or will Nero (or will name a package) supply what is required to burn it (and be functional to play on a stand-alone)?

TIA

2. Zeratul

Zeratul Well-Known Member

if i remember correctly nero can burn hddvd/bluray but cant play it back with nero showtime unless you purchase the hd plugin.

so i would guess it should work with a standalone. (if i were you i would make sure the iso works in a player before i burn it)

3. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

There's no reason for a boot sector on a BDMV - why would you want to boot from a movie? ;)

Nero burns the ripped files just fine. You simply need to select the correct disc type (Blu-ray Disc) and filesystem (UDF 2.5).
    Will work on a standalone then. No ISO required.

There are several threads around dealing with BD burns - considering the cost of Blu-ray media, you should read those carefully. BD coasters really hurt...

4. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

Even with the plugin it won't play back commercial Blu-rays (BDMV format), only ones you make yourself (BDAV format)

5. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

The ripper is for convenience. you can use CloneCD (or a similar tool) to create an .iso image, and AnyDVD will magically unprotect it in the background.