• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ISO too big for disc

TeflonFong

This is a common misconception but its not true. You might notice that both Nero and Imgburn will show you two sizes for a blank disc. Imgburn will show a "Preferred" size and a "Maximum" size. And then you will also see the "Current" size for your disc. On my BD-RE both the Current and Maximum size is 50,050,629,632 bytes. That is exactly the same as the size for BD-ROM listed here.

To get this size you can disable an option called 'BD defect management' in Nero or enable an option called 'Prefer format without spare areas' in Imgburn. You might have to reformat the disc in Imgburn after doing this.

I'm surprised no one here was aware of this.

This is correct. If you simply right click on the DISC and get properties you are getting the "session" size. On X-Files this is 50,050,039,808 bytes (which is still smaller than the format capacity and should fit on a BD-RE if you follow my previous instructions). However if you open up the disc and select all the folders and get properties you will see that the REAL size is only 46,238,457,326 bytes.

I enabled the Prefer format without spare areas option, but I am still getting the error that the ISO is too big for the disc...how exactly do I reformat the BD-RE, is that the same as Full Erase?

I'm not sure why you want to write the full ISO back as it's just writing empty space for some of it. You might as well mount the ISO and drag the files and folders into imgburn and write the disc that way as it should then fit as it'll ignore the blank spaces

I'm not sure why you want to write the full ISO back as it's just writing empty space for some of it. You might as well mount the ISO and drag the files and folders into imgburn and write the disc that way as it should then fit as it'll ignore the blank spaces

I was just trying to find the easiest way possible to get it onto the BD-RE with the fewest steps possible, but I am going to try your method now- so first I would build the ISO onto the hard drive using the folder structure that AnyDVDHD outputted and then mount that ISO and drag the files into IMGBurn to burn onto the BD-RE correct?

usually I just build the ISO right onto the BD-RE without creating an actual ISO file on the hard drive.

even with dragging the files straight from the mounted virtual drive I am still getting the same error...

3270013490_8d353391bd_o.jpg
3270011534_9e49a053f0_o.jpg

So if you get the properties for the BDMV folder how big is that?

I'm just slow formatting a disc now to see what size it comes out after the format. In theory it should fit as it says the size of the disc is bigger than that folder

What annoys me is that this is the first Blu-Ray I have that scratched (original)...luckily I ripped using AnyDVDHD but now I cannot make a new master disc. I know I can shrink it using tsmuxer but shouldn't it fit onto a BD-RE 50gb without stripping the menus?

I'm just slow formatting a disc now to see what size it comes out after the format. In theory it should fit as it says the size of the disc is bigger than that folder

I am using a TDK BD-RE 50GB...how do you reformat it...is that the same as the erase feature in IMGBurn?

well if you can't get it to fit then just go in to the stream folder and find 1 of the extra's files that you're not bothered about watching and remove it, that's what I did when I was writing The Mummy 3 back to disc before I found out about this option for spare areas. Haven't tried to burn it since though

well if you can't get it to fit then just go in to the stream folder and find 1 of the extra's files that you're not bothered about watching and remove it, that's what I did when I was writing The Mummy 3 back to disc before I found out about this option for spare areas. Haven't tried to burn it since though

Ok thanks, let me know how the reformat goes and if it freed up any space.

After slow formatting with the option ticked it says I have 50,050,629,632 bytes of space on the disc (Panasonic DL BD-RE). So far Imgburn appears to be letting me burn up to 50,024,747,912 without saying there's a problem (won't know if it works without burning the whole disc which I don't have time to do tonight)

After slow formatting with the option ticked it says I have 50,050,629,632 bytes of space on the disc (Panasonic DL BD-RE). So far Imgburn appears to be letting me burn up to 50,024,747,912 without saying there's a problem (won't know if it works without burning the whole disc which I don't have time to do tonight)

How do you perform a slow format?

Tools -> Drive -> Erase -> Full...is full erase the same as reformatting?

I don't know about Teflonfong, but I don't have Nero installed, just another piece of unnecessary invasive bloatware that I don't want on my systems

Back