ISO files no longer work in Dune HD-TV303D

Discussion in 'High Definition Hardware' started by AshySlashy, Jan 9, 2018.

1. thetoad

thetoad Well-Known Member

yes, but isn't this the case of a HD-TV303D

2. AshySlashy

AshySlashy Member

To clarify, yes, I'm playing an ISO file via playlist from a Windows network share.

So the Dune HD Solo Lite supports full menus? That might be a motivation to get one. But it's not cheap, and since it did work previously with the HD-TV303D (which maybe some other users have as well)is there a chance it might work again?

3. thetoad

lets be clear, I can go into any movie I ripped with any dvd and double click on an mpls file (as I have it associated with mpc-hc) and it plays the full playlist. I can drag the mpls file into the mpc-hc window and it plays the playlist.

can you try with mpc-hc doing what I just said, try to play an mpls playlist directly?

one thing I'd try is mounting the iso via a virtual drive system to get the files directly.

If that works, the only thing I can think of, is vlc/kodi having an issue with anydvd's creation of the udf file system. I've hd that problem on occassion.

4. Karstetter

Karstetter New Member

I just spent 2 hours on the phone with Apple. The latest update of ITunes has made any ripped DVD's inaccessible due to copywrite issues. The run was good while it lasted

5. thetoad

huh. What does the above comment have to do with anything?

6. AshySlashy

AshySlashy Member

@James and others that own the Dune HD Solo Lite: I'm considering buying this player. Does it really play back menus and extras, such as picture-in-picture commentary and other special features, just like a normal BD player?

7. Hackerjac

Hackerjac Well-Known Member

Acording to Dune's site it does have full BD menu suport

8. AshySlashy

AshySlashy Member

Yes, but what the manufacturer claims and what actually works reliably in practice isn't always the same :) And secondly, I'm specifically wondering about extras during movie playback, such as PIP commentary etc., that a regular BD player can do. Does this fall under "menus"?

9. mbarnstijn

mbarnstijn Well-Known Member

I've personally owned and operated the 303d, solo 4K, and other Dune devices (about a half dozen and I can't remember all the model numbers without finding my "abandoned toy box"). I've used them with folder backups and ISO backups of DVD, Blu-ray and (with the 4K models) UHD -- folder & ISO work identically on all the models of Dune I've ever used.

The ones that don't mention handling BD menus on the Dune website, don't handle menus (or PIP, etc.). They will display a menu of playlists and you'll have to choose one to play.

The Dune models that mention handling BD menus on their website DO handle menus properly, and also PIP and all other BD required standard functions. (A,B,C,D buttons, etc.)

The various Dune 4K boxes DO NOT handle UHD menus at the moment, but they WILL display a menu of the playlists and let you choose which one to play, and let you select audio and subtitle tracks. Nothing that requires java for UHD playback, though.

--michael

10. thetoad

that's not 100% true, I've documented here a fairly major bug in the dune smart series menu handling. (see my the tunnel thread), with that said, besides for that bug (which is a fairly major bug, but fortunately not something that impacts most blurays) it does play menus well.

11. mbarnstijn

mbarnstijn Well-Known Member

Ah, well, I never did have any of the Dune Smart series (D1, H1 or B1). I learn something new every day.

Cheers,

--michael

12. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

I moved this topic, because it's not really about AnyDVD.

13. peterbus

peterbus Well-Known Member

i have a dune max and a zappiti player works great with new software update.
    if your going to buy a new player try this.
    http://hdland.fr/en/lecteurs-multimedias/3741-zappiti-one-4k-hdr.html
    its top notch.....

14. AshySlashy

AshySlashy Member

The Zappiti sounds interesting. Does it have full BD ISO menu support? I didn't find anything about that on their site.

Meanwhile I've been eyeing the Dune HD Neo 4K, which Dune claims will get that support in Q1. But since there's no update for it yet I can just as well continue to use my old TV-303D (using files instead of ISOs to work around the original problem).

-Jörg