• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ISO DVDs PLAY FINE; ISO BLU RAY MOUNT BUT NOTHING HAPPENS

johnniedoo

I have used VCD for a very long time with no issues. All of a sudden iso Blu Ray movies will mount but hang, used to open auto play because i had it configured to do that "ask me..." option. Or, it would go directly to my player, PDVD12Ultra. I used MediaPLayerClassic HC for iso dvd movies.
This issue just arose suddenly, had been able to double click on any iso and it would mount and play. then the bluray iso just quit playing while all else was find.
It still works perfectly for iso dvd and hd dvd iso movies. only issues with blu ray .
I am guessing that somehow the method of getting the pdvd to connect or auto play to connect is gone, but only for blu ray. I do not understand why everything else functions but that one particular type of iso.
I looked in the registry but it is far too crazy to just poke around. I didnt know whether to look one HKey or anther and then whether to look in software or somewhere else.
I tried to work with cyberlink but they only worked from a script , helpful, but not for my issue.
I can play each iso on another computer and ruled out just about everything both cyberlink could suggest or i could think of clean install of software and VCD, even use the newest beta and reinstalled it.
I do not think it is related to vcd or anydvd hd or even autoplay, maybe not even to power dvd. all iso blu ray titles mount they show up in the virtual drive...pdvd hangs for some time and then an error dialogue box just says that the drive is empty., even though it shows a mounted iso.
I got a suggestion to reinstall the OS, a big step for one bad thing. i have done every diagnostic from the simplest sfc , mem tests and so forth,and get no errors or integrity .
John

I assume the Blu-ray ISO is still being mounted in VCD, just not playing back in PDVD automatically. If so the go into Windows control panel and then 'Autoplay' and change what happens to the disc in there.
You don't say what version of Windows you are using

ISO BluRays issues

I am sorry I wasn't more forthcoming with data. I am using Win7x64 Ultimate. I tossed out the question to see if anyone else had similar experiences , mostly.
Apparently, VCD does load the titles, but even it is slightly different from how the iso dvd rips load; the bd iso do not always show in the panel but they do show in the right click of vcd as loaded.
I am able to play most of the bd ISO in DvdFab , no trouble. only the pdvd12 will not handle them anymore. I had tracked down the issues to the BluRays ripped to disk using AnyDvd HD, most current updates at the times i ripped them. even had a few of them fail in DVD Fab. not sure why either. I have eliminated the auto play and tried to load the bd iso all kinds of ways ; they will not. It may be my computer somewhere , something. just that is the only issue with it. May be a cyberlink issue. have pursued them for many months without success. they dont go too far with even the "VIP Gold" members. I got to escalated level and no one has replied in 2months. i was left with 'reinstall Win7' as the final reply. that may work. but i am not ready to lose as much as i have that can not survive the way windows reinstalls the OS, yet.
Thanks for getting back , anyway
John

I have experienced PDVD having problems playing back BDs, rips or originals, depending on the settings I use in AnyDVD. Using speed menus in most situations makes playback easy without having to muck around testing which settings are needed and which aren't. I'm lazy, I just want to watch. :)

Win 7 Home Premium x64, PDVD 10 OEM.

Back