Is triple layer BD blank media suitable for burning Blu Ray Movies ?

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Blanks' started by Cuddlybear, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Cuddlybear

Cuddlybear New Member

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this forum and have recently purchased a lifetime license for AnyDVD HD 8.0.3.0.

Please can you help me with a query that I have ?

I've extracted Batman season 1 disc 1 from Blu Ray and it's sitting on my hard drive as an .ISO image.

I used Img Burn in build mode to burn the ISO onto a Sony Blu Ray 100 GB BD-RE BDXL Bluray Triple Layer Printable disc.

The .ISO image is approximately 37GB and Img Burn has shown a successful burn.

However, when I put the 100 GB BD-RE BDXL disc into my bly ray player, it tells me that it cannot operate the disc.

My query is, was I wrong to have used such a large blank medium, or should I have chosen "Write folders to Disc" in Img Burn ?

I'm certain the problem lies with me rather than any software or hardware.

Thank you for any help you can offer me.

I apologise if this message has been posted in the incorrect forum.

Michael

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

For starters, why on earth did you burn a 37gb disc on a 100gb one. You wasted 2/3rds of the disc. A standard double layer one is enough second, you'd have to check your player manual if it supports bdxl

3. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

Not many blu-ray players can physically read BD-XL discs. That was not originally part of the specification nor do any "XL" size BDs exist (I mean movies to buy) - so there is no requirement for a BD player to support that format.

4. nebostrangla

nebostrangla Well-Known Member

My thought exactly until I read again and caught this .
    Sony Blu Ray 100 GB BD-RE BDXL Bluray Triple Layer Printabledisc.
    So at least it's not totally wasted. But is a bad idea. I learned that the hard way myself.
    ie. Used Dual layer DVD blanks instead of single. Do to not paying attention.

5. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

They don't exist yet, but the first one is set to appear next month.

http://www.myce.com/news/batman-vs-superman-will-first-4k-movie-triple-layer-blu-ray-disc-79732/

now as to bd-xl itself, we both know that format was created to house UHD/4k discs, so i'm guessing the standalone UHD/4K players will be able to read them but not the standard HD ones.