• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is this article for real??

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's stating that in his personal opinion it's not a likely threat.
I doubt that Slysoft can make an official comment on the case - thopugh I'd love to hear an official comment that the case has "no legs" - and why that is so.

-W

More likely AACS paid to publish this nonsense.

I wouldn't even worry about this to be honest. our privacy isn't going to be breach with slysoft. This has been stated before. I believe if there is any truth to this...... it is the America aka U.S.A. trying to impose laws to a country with no laws. for the licesnes I am sure this has nothing to do with us people that purchased.

I'm glad that we are all on track with spelling, punctuation, and grammar.

This topic is nothing to laugh at no matter what types of errors are in the article.

Every software company (that I know of) that produced products to accomplish similar tasks as Slysoft, has been shut down no matter where "home base" was located.

I am actually surprised it took this long for something like this to happen.

I'm hoping for the best, but also expecting the worst. We will see come March.

You have the grammatical skills of an eight year old, so please stop being a "Grammar Nazi".

Thanks for reporting yourself in, I am going to make sure you get banned for using such words or hatred....

This topic is nothing to laugh at no matter what types of errors are in the article.

Every software company (that I know of) that produced products to accomplish similar tasks as Slysoft, has been shut down no matter where "home base" was located.

No laughing matter but when it goes into another countries jurisdiction that goes beyond any meaningful laws. One should ask themselves whom is really behind this suite.

Last edited:

If need be, they could move their HQ to Nigeria - or Somalia. :D

-W

Last edited:
Thanks for reporting yourself in, I am going to make sure you get banned for using such words or hatred....

I got $10 that says that post alone doesn't ban him.

The term "Grammar Nazi" is as old as the internet - and is not "hate speech" of any kind at all. It's known "slang" at worst.

And as for the context it was said in, your L33t skilzz in the area of spelling and grammar were kinda self-evident on that round too. The world is round.

Judging the validity of the contents of an article by virtue of a critique of the spelling etc - is just plain silly to begin with.
Yes, it's clear that the author didn't use his spell checker that day. So what?
-W

No laughing matter but when it goes into another countries jurisdiction that goes beyond any meaningful laws. One should ask themselves whom is really behind this suite.

We all know who is behind it. It is the movie studios that are primarily based in the US. It all falls under one big umbrella that also includes the music studios.

They are putting pressure on whomever to start the process where Slysoft is located. A disturbing part of the article (not disturbing, but concerning) is that it said that Slysoft is not a major contributor to the economy (paraphrasing). That means there are no "big guns" in the government that are going to stick up for the company. If you believe what the article also said, is that there is an international treaty that is being violated.

Remember 321 studios, DXD X Copy, DVDXCopy.com, etc..

Last edited:
The term "Grammar Nazi" is as old as the internet - and is not "hate speech" of any kind at all. It's known "slang" at worst.

Really maybe you should look up that term and how it was used in history. Nazi is a hate word plain and simple. I have Jewish friends and no amount of excuses will fly. There are ways to ethically ways point out mistakes. But unfortunately one slang isn't a slang to others that is why I refrain from using such words.

Last edited:
Remember 321 studios, DXD X Copy, DVDXCopy.com, etc..

I don't recall but I do think DVDxcopy was scam and never worked they got users money but I do recall one company in the US but forgot the name was like DVD something like that that did work but keeped the copy protection but was still shutdown. I don't recall what 321 was. But from 2 companies in the US did make a product work and the rest I saw after that was just scam software claiming to do but did nothing but take people's money. So there was never a functional software from the US side since that time. Slysoft is targeted because they are making a software the endusers wanted and buy willing and the MPAA/RIAA industry goes after then cause they can't make a better business model. That tells you their backward thinking take out Slysoft and it will stop. Yeah right, like that will stop anytime soon. People bought the DVD and have the right to do what they like with the DVD they bought and are not distributing to make a profit from it. That to me is fair use I buy and backup my DVD so the original remains pristine and scratch free and watch the backup but I am not selling it? That is why a majority of users on here buy the software for. The Industry puts so much protection preventing legit buyers from backing up their movies so it will last. Only the pirates are the one putting those movies on the net but they go after legit users just the RIAA/MPAA goes after music buyers and the pirate profit from those users buying from pirates. So this is the same old debate from the Industry that has gone nowhere fast...

This thread started out with an honest question and curiosity. It degenerated into anything but informative reading. Frank replied. If anything further needs to be said by Slysoft then I'm sure they'll post it.

Thread closed. :policeman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back