• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is there a discounted migration offer for users of old SlySoft licenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why continue to offer the lifetime license if its not in the project's best interest? (serious question)

Yes, that's my concern as well. Given that development consists entirely (?) of updates now, a subscription model is clearly the right way to fund it. Higher-priced LTLs only make sense if the developers aren't planning/expecting to be updating it for very long.

There was a lot of discussion about a subscription model, but in the end they allowed LTLs because of the demand. Also I think it allowed them to have more money up front which, for a new "business", they probably really really needed.

I get why people would be weary of buying a LTL. If you feel that way just buy the 1 year and repeat each year.

There was a lot of discussion about a subscription model, but in the end they allowed LTLs because of the demand. Also I think it allowed them to have more money up front which, for a new "business", they probably really really needed.

I get why people would be weary of buying a LTL. If you feel that way just buy the 1 year and repeat each year.
Or a multi yr.

And no, there shouldn't be a permanent discount.

Yes, there should. Because they would make soooo much more money that way. A cost of say $10 would be stupendously easy for them to offer via a keyfile upload, and 90% of purchasers would do it, replenishing the new 'non-company' with the funds it so badly needs.

That has been discussed, grinded and beaten to death month's ago.

That doesn't matter. You're standing in a room talking to different people. You don't not discuss something with one person just because you already told someone else. Companies don't reply to tweets telling 'I told another guy that already #idiot'.

The fact that multiple people are asking the same thing with the same expectation is indicative of a failing somewhere, and it can only be at the feed of RedFox frankly.

No they shouldn't.
Because they would make soooo much more money that way.

Got any financial numbers to back up that statement? Oh wait, you don't work for redfox so you don't have access to financial / purchase data.

A cost of say $10 would be stupendously easy for them to offer via a keyfile upload, and 90% of purchasers would do it, replenishing the new 'non-company' with the funds it so badly needs.

Got proof to that claim? Oh wait, you don't represent 90% of the users. You only represent you and nobody else. As to the $10, you develop something, offer licenses for $10 and see how long you can eat of your $10. Come back when you have the data.

You don't not discuss something with one person just because you already told someone else.

Indeed we don't, we did it with a couple hundred users over the past 3-4 months on a daily basis after redfox first started. Feel free to use the search.
The fact that multiple people are asking the same thing with the same expectation is indicative of a failing somewhere, and it can only be at the feed of RedFox frankly.

Now you're just making assumptions & guessing. Please refrain from doing so.

Now you're just making assumptions & guessing. Please refrain from doing so.

I'm chatting on a forum with someone who doesn't work for Red Fox, a company which apparently doesn't exist, so no, funnily enough I can't purchase the company accounts from a tax office and go through the numbers. Shame on me.

I can make are assumptions about Red Fox, I doubt you'd like them, but actually I'm not assuming anything. I'm theorising maybe, speculating for sure...but with an added hint of *experience* as both a customer that feels ripped off by Red Fox, and as someone on a forum that see's other companies handling similar issues far better while Red Fox is inundated by other customers with the same single complaint, to the extent of which being that a moderator has to sit on here and try to defend the terrible decisions the company has made all day long. No assumptions made at all (that last one was an observation).

"Far better than RedFox", well what are you still doing here then?

Been nice knowing you, don't let the forum software door hit you on the way out! :)

"Far better than RedFox", well what are you still doing here then?

Been nice knowing you, don't let the forum software door hit you on the way out! :)

You misunderstood (or I miscommunicated), I don't know of software that is better than AnyDVD, it's great! I'm saying that other companies have been forced to close before, and handled the way they charge their 'previous customers' - yes they are - in a much better way than Red Fox. Those two are very different.

I'm here to remind you that you're making a big mistake. I don't want to see RedFox go out of business, but if a company is making mistakes, it's only fair to let them know. :)

I'm not making any mistake and neither is redfox. Unless you're working for them, you have no idea what their reasoning is behind the available discounts. Had redfox not restarted the development, YOUR anydvd would have stopped working overnight back in februarly last year due to the sudden shutdown. This "debate" has gone on long enough and has no relevance to the topic title. Get a license or not, but enough is enough.

I'm not making any mistake and neither is redfox. Unless you're working for them, you have no idea what their reasoning is behind the available discounts. Had redfox not restarted the development, YOUR anydvd would have stopped working overnight back in februarly last year due to the sudden shutdown. This "debate" has gone on long enough and has no relevance to the topic title. Get a license or not, but enough is enough.

No, if RedFox had not restarted the development I would've been left with software that wasn't going to be updated anymore but continued to work until studio's update their encryption tech movie-by-movie.

Now, because of the ODP, you're selling me another LTL that if RedFox does go down will be completely useless without it's online database. Unless of course RedFox are offering some kind of guarantee this time around?

Thought not.

Again, the OPD is nothing new. Slysoft had one too. as to "updated" their encryption. That's exactly what happened. And in order to support new titles, v8 is needed. Enough is enough. We are NOT going to debate this back and forth any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back