• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is the sound and image skipping a decrypting problem?

pjouy

Translator (fr)
Hi all

I was recently watching Disney's Enchanted, and saw a lot of "gaps", I mean video and sound skipping, at always the same points on the movie.
A little investigating showed me that there are numerous files in the STREAM folder, and that the movie has been cut in many parts; probably in order to avoid easy copy/rip/convert of the movie.

So, my question is simply this one: is this a decryption problem, meaning that AnyDVD takes time to decrypt the upcoming file before making it available to PDVD? Or a PDVD problem, being unable to play seamlessly a movie in multiple parts?
I don't think it is a hardware (drive LG/CPU C2D E8400) problem, as I don't have any problem playing other titles. Has someone tried to play that kind of multi-files movie with a full HDCP compliant hardware (with and without AnyDVD disabled), or from hard drive (can't rip it for now...)?

Thanks for your help!

PS: I have PDVD 3319a

How are you ripping it? AnyDVD Ripper to a folder? If I had to venture an uneducated guess, I'd say this could be an interleave problem. Try ripping it using my ripping method (Disable AnyDVD, use CloneCD to read to an ISO, mount the ISO with VCD or DT) and try playback that way with AnyDVD enabled. I'd be curious if the results were the same.

I am playing directly from the BD, and I wanted to say that I don't have the time to rip it (not that it isn't possible).
I use the lastest AnyDVD HD version of course. This disc is not a BD+ one

No idea then. Could be the version of PowerDVD you're using. I've had zero problems with 3730a either with discs or images.

SamuriHL, did you try with multiple-part movie files, because the gap is exactly when PDVD comes to an end of the file and must start the next one. ASAIK, only Disney BDs have that kind of structure (Ratatouille is one aother example).

Of course. I have Cars, Ratatouille, all 3 Pirates movies, and a couple others. No problems on any of them.

OK, I will give a try with the 3730 build of PDVD (I don't have the 3730a). Thanks SamuriHL.

3730a is up on their site. I have no idea what's "fixed" in it. Just remember that anything after 3319a will not play from folders on the hard drive. You must use mounted ISOs if you plan on ripping. Since you're playing from disc it won't matter.

Thanks, I know ;) . As I play quite everything from the disc, I will update it. But I wanted to keep the 3319a just in case of... I will install the 3319a build on my backup OS.

I watched the movie with the new build: it is better but not perfect. Sound is not perfect, but picture is skipping sometimes at the break point. It does this, frame by frame: 1, 4, 2, 3, 4, 5,...
So, it is definitivly a PDVD problem....

Swell. One of the few PowerDVD annoyances I've yet to see. I do have problems in Showtime but not PowerDVD. Stupid question time...is Hardware Acceleration turned on?

I don't have a graphic card with HD accelerators: it is an ATI X1900 (absolutly NO acceleration support of HD movies), but I have a fast enough CPU (I am lucky enough to have an Intel C2D E8400 @ 3 GHz).
So for my card, harware acceleration in only for DVDs, for which it is not necessary since Pentium III processors...

That could be the explanation then. I realize the CPU is fast(very nice, btw), but, you could see those little skips as a result of not having acceleration. Difficult to say. What's the CPU utilization when these happen?

Was it you that told everyone it's a full installer, not just an update? Just repeating for anyone who didn't know.

No, I forget who said that. It's in one of the threads but yes, it does appear to be a full installer.

Back