• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is it possible to add plugins for downloading other websites?

Orfeo123

It's just a suggestion, that I wish AS could allow plugins that users contribute or official provide. If users request more websites to download with AS, they can easily add a plugin to the software. Or some users can write simple scripts to make other sites available, just like opening a new tab on the browser. Technically most streaming websites share the same drm. If AS could make it a more open enviroment, I think it will become a much more powerful tool!

It's just a suggestion, that I wish AS could allow plugins that users contribute or official provide. If users request more websites to download with AS, they can easily add a plugin to the software. Or some users can write simple scripts to make other sites available, just like opening a new tab on the browser. Technically most streaming websites share the same drm. If AS could make it a more open environment, I think it will become a much more powerful tool!
The idea of scripts is nice for you, but I think AnyStream should be as simple as possible so more users can enjoy it. Scripts and plugins are not simple for most users. Yes I know we have many knowledgeable users, but let look at the program as one that can be used by everyone in the same way.

It's just a suggestion, that I wish AS could allow plugins that users contribute or official provide. If users request more websites to download with AS, they can easily add a plugin to the software. Or some users can write simple scripts to make other sites available, just like opening a new tab on the browser. Technically most streaming websites share the same drm. If AS could make it a more open enviroment, I think it will become a much more powerful tool!
Yes like adding a tab to open other websites like hulu, peacock, stan, all4, my5, etc that would be good

Yes like adding a tab to open other websites like hulu, peacock, stan, all4, my5, etc that would be good

I believe only one out of the current three providers use web access and no guarantee that other providers will be accessible via web access for downloading. While it is a nice idea I doubt it will be possible but only the developers can answer for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand your request and I think it could be a nice one, but how could they do this? That would require to open the code of AS, which could end up in letting the providers know how it works.
And if is possible to simply create some sort of API, they would have to patrol every plugin before its getting released regarding viruses, privacy and so on.
In addition (many) plugins could cause performace issues and other problems, but there the devs would be unable to fix it since it was build by an user.
And I think they have enough to do with the current errors and feature requests as to let them handle something even bigger.

I don't think it has anything to do with simplifying the program for the users since they could simply ignore it when they don't need it, but I doubt the devs would like to do something like this.

Back