• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is it better to burn at 4x rather than 2x or 1x?

Kallasways

I noticed when trying to back up Stranger than fiction i tried burning at 2x and was getting alot of glitches (pixelation, stuttering) however when i burned at 4x it played perfectly, i always thought the slower the speed the better am i wrong in this assumption? the media im using is verbatim 4x (write speeds for this media are 1x 2x and 4x) white inkjet printable. My burner is a pioneer 111d with 129 version firmware.

for those disc's i'd burn them at their rated speed, 4X

Last edited:
There are no absolutes in DVD burning. Rule of thumb is 1/2 the rated speed of the media but if 4X works best for you then I would go with that.

There are no absolutes in DVD burning. Rule of thumb is 1/2 the rated speed of the media but if 4X works best for you then I would go with that.

Agreed...

And several older machines can't even keep up a bitrate for 8X (11K) and for them 4X is best by far. Usually, with todays drives there's no need to slow down as far as 1X or 2X. But, if you're using a REALLY old clam of a machine to burn DVD's (to give it something to do) then 1X or 2X might still be appropriate. It helps to use a program like Nero where you can see what your buffers are up to, and then burn accordingly.

-W

Back