• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is CloneCD supposed to running so slow?

Snakeobich

I've never used any programs like this before, and I am trying to make a copy of Civilization 4, but it's running an average of about 4 kb/s..

It's been running 20 minutes and has me at 1%.. so I'm just wondering if this is normal or not? I used er... Cloney? And it said the disc has Safedisc2 I think?

Anywho, I'm totally new to this whole copying a game thing, I was just trying to make an ISO of it, but that wouldn't work..

So any advice/help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance!

I am trying to make a copy of Civilization 4...it's running an average of about 4 kb/s..

It's been running 20 minutes and has me at 1%..
Is that a (pc) video game disc?
When I got CloneCD, I tested it on a copy of Syphon Filter (PlayStation game).
It copied incredibly slow like you've mentioned. So slow in fact, I quitted the process - I was only testing it on the game disc anyway.

Safedisc is Bad/Weak Sector Protection, the first 10000 sectors of the Protected Disc are weak Sektors.
If your drive an older model and cant handle "fast skip error blocks" so is possible you need 2-3 hours to copy this first 3% of your disc.
After the 10000 Sektors you can dump the Disc with your full Drive Speed i.e. 300kb/s or more

Thank you, I figured that out after being patient lol..

I have another question maybe you can help me with..

I used the read option and ripped the .ccp and .img files, and then I used the write option and burned the .ccp onto a disc...

But when I try to use the disc, it doesn't autorun, and when I try to manually start the game it asks me to insert the disc and restart the program.

I thought that with the Protected CD option, all I'd have to do is rip and burn... am I missing a process or something?

To get another test, I downloaded the virtualdrive, and it does the same thing, still asks me to insert the disc.... I'm totally lost with this.

Read Options:

Error Handling>Fast Error Skip Settings>Automatic

Burn Options:
Weak Sektors>Emulate

Play the Game of you have a Burner use "HIDE CD-r", in a virtual Drive you can play without this option

My drive apparently doesn't support Automatic fast error skip. I saw that notice as I was reading the cd this time... so that's probably it, lol game over.

I had both those settings checked on my first attempt, and they didn't work...so I'm assuming my laptop probably just doesn't have the right stuff to do it.

My drive apparently doesn't support Automatic fast error skip. I saw that notice as I was reading the cd this time... so that's probably it, lol game over.

I had both those settings checked on my first attempt, and they didn't work...so I'm assuming my laptop probably just doesn't have the right stuff to do it.

not game over :) fast error skip is not important, you only need longer to dump :)

i think your dump quality is not good enough :/

I don't really know how to edit all that stuff...I know that Civ 4 has at least SafeDisc2 on it, I used Cloneyxx (?) and that's all it told me, but I don't know if there is more..

This is my first time trying to back up a game, so I'm about as new as it gets.

I know that both the emulate and automatic options were checked the first time I read and burned a copy and I made sure to use the 'protected game disc' option, but when I tried to play with that disc, it said to insert the game disc and restart the program. But, it let me uninstall and then reinstall the game with that disc! However, it gave me the same message when I tried to play again.

So I read a second copy, making sure I had those options you mentioned checked, and then tried to run it off VCD, it gave me the same message 'insert disc and restart the program'

What is/and where can I change, the dump quality?

What is/and where can I change, the dump quality?
with an other drive!

but forgot what i say, i think this has nothing to do with your drive!
i think you have a Blacklist Problem... some safedisc games (and many more) doesn't like CloneCD.
if yo have installed i.e. clonecd you cant start the game.
can you play with the original disc? or get the same error?

Yeah, I can play.. I'm actually playing right now lol, with the original game disc.

Yeah, I can play.. I'm actually playing right now lol, with the original game disc.

ok this is a lucky day, you not a blacklist victim :)
the last you can try is to RENAME your Virtual Drives (sometimes is the name of the drive blacklistet) if this not work for you
please download alcohol 52% free edition and use the safedisc profil to dump this game and mount in alcohols virtual drive.

start the game so is virtual clone drive blacklistet if not is this a bad dump...

there are 2 ways to burn:

Burn with the Profil "safedisc for EFM Writers" = game work without emulation
Standard Safedisc Profil = need RMPS Emulation

also please try to uninstall the game and reinstall from your mountet copy/image some game remember the installation drive letter

Back