• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is CloneCD intellectual property of Slysoft or Elby?

George++

I ask this because today I visited the Elby website and saw the following message regarding CloneCD:

New copyright law drives out CloneCD sheep

Due to the new legal situation we will stop the sales of CloneCD

We would like to take the opportunity to thank our customers for the long loyalty to CloneCD!
We hope that you will also be excited about our future products and remain with the most cordial greetings

Your elby team

Could this be a CloneDVD2/CloneDVD 5 mixup?

Slysoft acquired CloneCD from Elaborate Bytes years ago (2003) when the copyright laws changed in Elaborate Bytes' part of the world. That message has been on the Elaborate Bytes site for a long long time. The last Elaborate Bytes release of CloneCD was version 4. The first Slysoft release of CloneCD was version 5. DVD Region Killer & AnyDVD was also acquired by Slysoft from Elaborate Bytes. Slysoft more recently acquired Game Jackal which found itself in a bad spot due to newer and more restrictive copyright law in Australia.

CloneDVD doesn't find itself in legal danger because it will not process any DVD making use of CSS and doesn't remove protections. As such CloneDVD remains an Elaborate Bytes product for which Slysoft is an official reseller. To really be able to use CloneDVD to its fullest potential you need a third-party tool to remove protections. Such a tool is AnyDVD.

The AnyDVD Ripper as part of the Rip Video DVD to Harddisk... function within AnyDVD is based upon code licensed from Elaborate Bytes as found in CloneDVD.

I'm not sure what you mean by a CloneDVD2 vs CloneDVD 5 mix-up. I don't see any logical way people can ever confuse CloneDVD2 from Elaborate Bytes with the completely different product from CloneDVD.net.

Last edited:
Drink, thanks for the reply, very clear and understandable. Old news really, before my time, so I was a bit concerned since there was no date on the Elby site. I thought it might be a new development.

The CloneDVD2/CloneDVD 5 mixup I was referring to is there have been people posting here who thought CloneDVD 5 was a slysoft product, and I was just asking if CloneCD 4/CloneCD 5 were two separate programs. But now I know same program, new developers. :)

Back