• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

is AnyDVD the problem or the solution

peterbus

maybe this bd+ is a result of slysoft trying to break the blue ray protection.

(IS IT THE OLD CHICKEN OR THE EGG PROBLEM).

just a thought.

P.S. Anydvdhd rocks.:rock:

maybe this bd+ is a result of slysoft trying to break the blue ray protection.

(IS IT THE OLD CHICKEN OR THE EGG PROBLEM).

just a thought.

P.S. Anydvdhd rocks.:rock:

BD support in AnyDVD was officially released on March 5th, 2007.

BD+ was available to content providers in June 2007.

It's not like BD+ was created and finalized in a mere 3 months. BD+ is not the result of Slysoft working on BD.

There is no "chicken or the egg" situation here.

Last edited:
True... but there is a vicious circle. Someone builds a better moustrap, Slysoft builds a better mouse - rinse and repeat.

-W

There is no doubt that BD+ was a response to the successful cracking of DVDs (in part by AnyDVD). But the logical alternative of never cracking anything so there is no need to improve the protection does not help us much!

There is no doubt that BD+ was a response to the successful cracking of DVDs (in part by AnyDVD). But the logical alternative of never cracking anything so there is no need to improve the protection does not help us much!

AACS
which is mandatory on BD releases requires a license. BD+ also, I'm sure, requires yet another license. So a studio releaseing a BD release with BD+ has just paid out quite bit of cash for two licenses.

I think we all know that sooner or later BD+ will be broken and AACS has already been overcome although each new MKB version will need to be dealt with as it comes along. Region coding in BD was overcome awhile ago. So, were all the new protection mechanisms in BD really to prevent making backups or was it for Sony and all the other related companies in terms of AACS & BD+ to make money off licensing.

I think it's also rather telling that only Fox uses BD+ (at least to my knowledge). You'd think that if it was THAT much better than plain old AACS that every BD studio (or should I say ALL studios at this point <g>) would be using it. Either there's a major flaw in BD+ that no-one outside the studios know about yet, or the licensing cost just isn't justifiable to most studios.

Last edited:
If I was them I would wait until HD piracy was a significant issue before coughing up for another licence and also risking player incompatibility, even assuming the technology works.

“You’re not paranoid if they are really out to get you”

Famous words that mean a lot in my opinion.

The issue is that the customers want to be able to backup their investment but the powers that be hand over fist don’t want to allow this on any (reasonable) level. The problem stems from the notion that they can or should prevent fair use in this way for fear of abuse.

For example, if someone opens a store they understand that there may be some small percentage of loss due to theft. They typically accept this as part of doing business knowing full well that the majority of people walking in through their doors do so for legitimate business reasons not for theft.

Now the acceptable cost for doing business seems to be inconveniencing the customer to any degree to attempt to assure zero loss due to theft,…..which isn’t even possible,….

So the model is flawed but the idea has stuck.

Fear is the real culprit here though. The fear of uncontrolled loss is what spawned the demand for BD+ and its predecessors, that and the mistaken notion that they have any real control. The fact that there are so many customers willing to do business is what spurs on sales but the industries refuse to see this do to said fear,…..to them we are either all thieves or we should all be treated as such.

Back