• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Iron Man 3

Not if you update to the latest beta at the top of this board. :D

-W

YES. no audio on the movie track itself (all other tracks have audio). i've run into this time and again with popular/blockbuster-type releases. handbrake shows a total blank under audio properties. VLC will play the movie from the ripped ripped files, but again, without any audio. i've scoured anyDVD and cloneDVD for settings i can alter. nothing. and the next disc i pop in is likely to be perfectly fine. i've long suspected this is a form of copy protection, but searches on the topic yield, again....nothing.

can anyone shed some light on this?? understanding the nature of the problem would be fantastic, but i'd happily settle for a fix.

i updated AnyDVD this morning before i even tried IM3.

YES. no audio on the movie track itself (all other tracks have audio). i've run into this time and again with popular/blockbuster-type releases. handbrake shows a total blank under audio properties. VLC will play the movie from the ripped ripped files, but again, without any audio. i've scoured anyDVD and cloneDVD for settings i can alter. nothing. and the next disc i pop in is likely to be perfectly fine. i've long suspected this is a form of copy protection, but searches on the topic yield, again....nothing.

can anyone shed some light on this?? understanding the nature of the problem would be fantastic, but i'd happily settle for a fix.

i updated AnyDVD this morning before i even tried IM3.

you will be asked to post a log file from anydvd.... so....

Iron Man 3's copy protection problem has solved a long time ago. I also copied the dvd with no problem with beta 7.3.1.3 (See my Post )

But, if don't post a dvd logo (see HERE how to do that) no one can help you more

P.S. i have just tried with last beta (7.3.3.1) and i still have no problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Iron Man 3's copy protection problem has solved a long time ago. I also copied the dvd with no problem with beta 7.3.1.3 (See my Post )

But, if don't post a dvd logo (see HERE how to do that) no one can help you more

P.S. i have just tried with last beta (7.3.3.1) and i still have no problem

realized i neglected to mention thatthis is a region 1 disc. also, i did visit the forum page you referenced but reran the disc after installing the beta with the same result.

realized i neglected to mention thatthis is a region 1 disc. also, i did visit the forum page you referenced but reran the disc after installing the beta with the same result.

Now, please have little patience my friend. When Frank or James see the logo will solve your problem A.S.A.P ;) (if it's a new protection)

But first of all, you must set your drive region to region 1 ;)

Code:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 7.3.3.1, BDPHash.bin 13-08-02)
ATAPI IHAS324B AL1A 2011/05/09 09:16
[I][SIZE=3][B][U][COLOR="#FF0000"]Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)[/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE][/I]

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1990640 sectors (3887 MBytes)
Total size: 3976960 sectors (7767 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: IRON_MAN_3
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
Video Standard: NTSC

Using online database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 21 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Set your drive to region 1 and please try again...

Now, please have little patience my friend. When Frank or James see the logo will solve your problem A.S.A.P ;) (if it's a new protection)

But first of all, you must set your drive region to region 1 ;)

Code:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 7.3.3.1, BDPHash.bin 13-08-02)
ATAPI IHAS324B AL1A 2011/05/09 09:16
[I][SIZE=3][B][U][COLOR="#FF0000"]Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)[/COLOR][/U][/B][/SIZE][/I]

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1990640 sectors (3887 MBytes)
Total size: 3976960 sectors (7767 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: IRON_MAN_3
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!
Video Standard: NTSC

Using online database!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Found & removed 21 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Set your drive to region 1 and please try again...

all right, now i AM confused....AnyDVD claims my default region IS region 1 US/canada. and that's an "out of the box" setting; i didn't alter it to get the screen shot i've attached. in fact, from the options in the drop-down menu, it doesn't appear to be possible to have no region enabled at all. what am i missing??

anyDVDregion.jpg

all right, now i AM confused....AnyDVD claims my default region IS region 1 US/canada. and that's an "out of the box" setting; i didn't alter it to get the screen shot i've attached. in fact, from the options in the drop-down menu, it doesn't appear to be possible to have no region enabled at all. what am i missing??

View attachment 23292

This is your "software" region setup

You must set and your "hardware" setup to region 1

do the following

Code:
<<<Right mouse the system tray AnyDVD fox icon and click "exit". >>>

YOU MUST EXIT ANYDVD OR YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE DRIVE REGION

In case you ignored that here it is again:

1. Click start. For XP right click on "My computer"--->select "properties" (in Vista, W7, W8, start > right click "Computer" ---> select "Properties")
2. For XP click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button 
2a. For Vista, W7, W8 open "Device Manager"
3. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click there on your optical drive
4. Click "properties".
5. You should have a region tab at the top there. Click that and from there you can select a region.

This is your "software" region setup

You must set and your "hardware" setup to region 1

do the following

Code:
<<<Right mouse the system tray AnyDVD fox icon and click "exit". >>>

In case you ignored that here it is again:

1. Click start. For XP right click on "My computer"--->select "properties" (in Vista, W7, W8, start > right click "Computer" ---> select "Properties")
2. For XP click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button 
2a. For Vista, W7, W8 open "Device Manager"
3. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click there on your optical drive
4. Click "properties".
5. You should have a region tab at the top there. Click that and from there you can select a region.

well, i didn't ignore it, no. but i also didn't see it; for some reason, until i hit "reply w/quote", the last thing i saw of your post was the line "You must set and your "hardware" setup to region 1". go figure.

at any rate, i changed the DVD drive's region setting - with AnyDVD shut down - and ran the rip again. same result: great picture, absolutely no audio on the movie itself. there's all kinds of audio ripping going on, by the way - on previews, the menu, etc; just not the movie. that's what makes me think it's a copy protection that AnyDVD isn't catching. that, and the fact that i've run into this issue only on certain "hot" new blockbuster-type movies - "avengers", that Oz movie from a year or two ago, etc. it's never happened on, say, a french romantic comedy with english subtitles or a mid-80s meryl streep drama; just a certain type of movie, and always new releases as opposed to rereleases. it's happened on multiple PCs and laptops - at least three, maybe four - all of which were running different versions of windows and different versions of AnyDVD. i'd say i've been running into this at random over the past two years or so. updating AnyDVD has never made the slightest difference.

after this latest failed rip, i created a new logfile. it's attached. hopefully you can get something from it.

View attachment AnyDVD_7.3.3.1_Info_E_IRON_MAN_3.ziplog

I used 7.3.3.0 and it seems fine. I open the file in PowerDVD and advance all the chapters and it all seems to be there with sound also. Won't know 100% until I make a copy on DVD and watch it.

I used 7.3.3.0 and it seems fine. I open the file in PowerDVD and advance all the chapters and it all seems to be there with sound also. Won't know 100% until I make a copy on DVD and watch it.

i used to burn them and THEN test them, but when this issue started cropping up over and over i got gunshy. now, after i rip, i load the folder in VLC and play the movie; it either has sound or it doesn't. another way i've found to check without actually burning is to open the VIDEO_TS folder in handbrake, make sure the correct "title" (i.e. the movie itself and not a documentary or something) is selected, then click on handbrake's audio tab. when the rip has gone smoothly and audio is included, you'll see a listing that reads something like "1 English (AC3) (5.1)". but when the no-audio issue has come up, the audio tab is totally blank.

Protected Content

Copy I make with AnyDvd 7.3.3.0 Rips to HD fine.
DvD shrink works fine.
Copy burns fine.

Player spins up, recognizes the Dvd and stops "Protected Content".

Never seen this error message before.

Tried Movie only with DvD shrink, same result "Protected Content".

UM Player can play ripped and shrunk versions.

Never had a copy do this before.

Last edited:
DvD shrink works fine.
Copy burns fine.

me again. same problem, different county.

tried again on my home PC (was on my work PC before) using one of its two DVD drives after making sure it's region-1-encoded and after updating AnyDVD to 7.3.3.0, rebooting, and updating again to the 7.3.3.1 beta. no joy. checked the rip using both of my usual methods and still no sound. for what it's worth, both my home and work PCs are running XP with service pack 3.

logfile attached for the home PC.

View attachment AnyDVD_7.3.3.1_Info_J_IRON_MAN_3.ziplog

me again. same problem, different county.

tried again on my home PC (was on my work PC before) using one of its two DVD drives after making sure it's region-1-encoded and after updating AnyDVD to 7.3.3.0, rebooting, and updating again to the 7.3.3.1 beta. no joy. checked the rip using both of my usual methods and still no sound. for what it's worth, both my home and work PCs are running XP with service pack 3.

logfile attached for the home PC.

View attachment 23297

If you are using AnyDVD to rip, are all the settings on Default? If so, can you play the rip with MediaPlayer Classic and does it work? As AnyDVD doesn't touch the audio, you have to do something to cause it to not rip correctly (default settings should fix that), or the problem comes in what you're doing in Handbrake.

DvD shrink works fine.
Copy burns fine.

1) Make sure your region is set in your drive. Disable AnyDVD or exit it before checking. If its not set, set it and try again.
2) Make sure AnyDVD settings are set to Default.
3) If those still don't work, you should always supply an AnyDVD log when you are having a problem as the "Read Before You Post" sticky says.

Currently running anyDVD 7.3.3.0 and I was able to copy Iron Man 3 without any issue regarding audio playback, both the movie and the extras. Could it be that those who have issues are messing with internal settings of the software anyDVD? I've run anyDVD on my machines since version 6.0.x.x - ALL in default mode/settings. Never had an issue copying or burning any DVD movie and or having playback issues with picture or sound. My drives are all Samsung DVD-RW burners. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Currently running anyDVD 7.3.3.0 and I was able to copy Iron Man 3 without any issue regarding audio playback, both the movie and the extras. Could it be that those who have issues are messing with internal settings of the software anyDVD? I've run anyDVD on my machines since version 6.0.x.x - ALL in default mode/settings. Never had an issue copying or burning any DVD movie and or having playback issues with picture or sound. My drives are all Samsung DVD-RW burners. Just my two cents.

quick update: i've updated and reupdated AnyDVD. i've defaulted settings. i've checked the region setting on all DVD drives, altering the setting on one drive. i've played with keeping/discarding various audio streams when ripping. i've done everything suggested in this thread and a thing or two more. and i've experienced complete and total failure at every step, on both PCs, no matter what i do. anyone out there got a bolt from the blue?? i'm going to have to return the disc to the owner tonight; he hasn't even watched it yet.

Back