• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, download with some streaming providers (Netflix) might not always be available in HD.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved - but it will take a few days. Thank you.

ipod video out to TV - resolution and quality

mikepod

Hi,

I just started using CloneDVD Mobile. God, what an awesome, powerful and simple program.

I just ordered a iPod AV cable. What is a good resolution and quality level to rip DVDs to if I want to play on a standard DVD? What is the max res you can dump out the video composite line?

Thanks,
Mike.

If it's 4x3 material 640x480 is the best, although 512x??? looks decent enough.

Is there a max resolution that composite video supports on a standard TV? I mean what is the point of wasted resolution?

I believe the highest resolution composite (and S-Video) support is 480i, or 576i if you're in a PAL region.

I'm pretty sure the current video iPods aren't capable of outputting progressive scan video, as I haven't seen any component cables available for them (pity, really).

Back