• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ipman 3 no audio

spicy

Here is log file

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.3.0_Info_D_IPMAN3.ziplog
    119.7 KB · Views: 18
Anydvd doesn't touch the audio. Not an anydvd problem. Whatever is causing the no audio issue it's your conversion/playback software. a lot more info is needed.

What are your trying to do?
What are you using?
How are your doing it?

Here is log file
Try setting the primary language to Chinese which contains others sounds besides the dialog and select English subtitles. I am assuming you unchecked Chinese and there was no English. Also, do this for CloneBD. Good Luck.

Last edited:
You can't set languages to primary inside anydvd. There's no point in bringing CloneBD or any other cloning software into this or checking or unchecking languages. You can't do any of that inside anydvd. Until op responds back with more info, there's no point in speculating what he's doing or (not) doing.

You can't set languages to primary inside anydvd. There's no point in bringing CloneBD or any other cloning software into this or checking or unchecking languages. You can't do any of that inside anydvd. Until op responds back with more info, there's no point in speculating what he's doing or (not) doing.
My mistake! I used CloneBD for this disk with success! I have had the same problem with several Chinese disks.

I'm having the same problem. I ripped via AnyDVD, then open Handbrake to convert and I can't add any audio tracks.

That's a handbrake issue. Not an anydvd one, you can't add audio tracks with AnyDVD. Please ask the handbrake forum.

no he can't. You can't ADD audio tracks through cloneBD either. Only remove them.

no he can't. You can't ADD audio tracks through cloneBD either. Only remove them.
I would like to clarify what I did to get sound from this disk. For my first attempt using AnyDVD resulted in no sound. My second attempt using CloneBD (partial copy) resulted in no sound. For my third attempt (partial copy), I finally noticed there weren't any Language boxes checked so I checked the Chinese Language box and got sound. So by default in CloneBD (or my last use), I had checked only the English language box. This disk has only Chinese language. Therefore, no checked box(s) ... NO SOUND. This disk like many from the Criterion Collection Blu-Ray series have only NON-English language boxes or sound tracks so you must check them in the partial copy mode when using CloneBD.

Anydvd has NO CONTROL whatsoever over sound tracks. You can verify that by directly playing the rip into powerdvd. It rips/decrypts only! It cannot modify or remove tracks. Try doing FULL COPY instead of partial. Seems to me like it could be an issue of CloneBD not being able to identify the Chinese track. But it is NOT an anydvd issue. Please post audio issues in the CloneBD section if you have audio issues and are using CloneBD.

Anydvd has NO CONTROL whatsoever over sound tracks. You can verify that by directly playing the rip into powerdvd. It rips/decrypts only! It cannot modify or remove tracks. Try doing FULL COPY instead of partial. Seems to me like it could be an issue of CloneBD not being able to identify the Chinese track. But it is NOT an anydvd issue. Please post audio issues in the CloneBD section if you have audio issues and are using CloneBD.
@Ch3vr0n. If I started a thread on CloneBD regarding this issue can I referenced this thread (I did not start this thread)? Would I need to provide a log?

That's a handbrake issue. Not an anydvd one, you can't add audio tracks with AnyDVD. Please ask the handbrake forum.

So either it is an AnyDVD issue, or it's the Ip Man 3 blu-ray itself. After inquiring support from Handbrake, they suggested using the nightly build, to which I came to the same error. For s-n-g's, I opened BD Rebuilder and loaded the blu-ray rip into it. All audio tracks had a red X next to it, except English. Which if what you say that AnyDVD doesn't touch audio, then by sheer magic the tracks never got included and somehow got separated. After running BD Rebuilder, then re-loading that rebuild into Handbrake, audio had been restored.

Now don't get me wrong in that I'm blaming AnyDVD entirely and trying to bash the program. I love AnyDVD, and have used it for years and years before Slysoft rolled over. And I'll continue to use AnyDVD under Redfox. But to completely dismiss any notion that AnyDVD might be at fault is ignoring a potential problem that could actually exist. It is definitely worth investigating, by more knowledgeable types than me as I wouldn't know where to start or what I was looking at if I created some log files. ;)

That said, it is odd that Ip Man 3 is the only movie I've run into thus far that's had this issue. But, it's also only the 3rd or 4th movie, since Redfox took over AnyDVD, that I've ripped.

Please read post 12. It's NOT an anydvd issue. Anydvd has NO CONTROL WHATSOEVER over audio streams. It can't add them, it cant modify them and it definitely can't remove them. Anydvd decrypts or rips 1:1 ONLY. There's nothing to investigate, anydvd can't process audio, period. If all audio tracks had a rex X next to them except english, that's your problem right there. You told BDRB in setup to remove ALL languages EXCEPT english. There's also an additional checkbox below the language settings to tell bdrb to "limit" to 1 track per language. if it's enabled, untick that one. Your BDRB settings are wrong, go back and fix it.

In BDRB setup you tell it it which languages you want to KEEP, not which ones you want to remove.

Since BbRebuilder found the English file and selected it for inclusion, AnyDVD had nothing to do with the missing audio. Language selection is always done with programs like BbRebuilder or CloneBd. I think you are getting the idea that AnyDVD is included in the process that it is at fault. And as said AnyDvd does decryption only, it doesn't involve itself in audio.

Take a breath, calm down. Re-read the order of what happend. I'll put it here in simple terms.

1. AnyDVD rip of "ip man 3"
2. load into handbrake, no audio available
3. load into BDRB, rebuild blu-ray
4. load into handbrake again, audio available

You can say it isn't AnyDVD all you want, that doesn't necessarily make it true. is AnyDVD 100% bug free? if you say yes to that, you're obviously not a programmer. No program is 100% bug free. Now, you were right about the red X's being my language selection in BDRB, as I verified that to be true. I don't understand, though, that before the rebuild, broken. After the rebuild, fine.

And to add, I don't want to blame any single program for the sake of blaming someone. I just want to rationally figure out the problem, and resolve it for others. If it truly isn't a bug in AnyDVD, so be it. To just say it isn't without testing the likelihood is silly.

Maybe it is Handbrake, and that Handbrake isn't reading the files correctly. And the rip was fine, but the blu-ray used some encryption to separate the audio which was corrected by BDRB. I can accept that as the answer if it is truly the answer. But, to completely dismiss any chance of AnyDVD being the cause without further tests is naive and doesn't correct the issue down the road.

It's not naive, your bdrb settings are wrong. Read my previous post. Anydvd CAN NOT modify audio in any way. No matter how many times you ask/say in a different way, it won't change the answer.

Back