• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

iPhone 3G directly via CloneDVD mobile

If that's the case Slysoft support put permalinks to at least the last 4 stable versions?
The previous version is linked several times in the 1.6.1.0 thread (and in the link in my reply to Gronn in the previous post). Slysoft support see no reason to put it on the official download site (see earlier reply to mdspencer in the 1.6.1.0 thread) probably because not enough users are having problems, despite the exaggerated claims in this forum, and because they expect the problems to be fixed soon.

There is no reason to go back beyond that if you had no issues with it but upgraded anyway, perhaps because you never learned not to fix something that ain't broke, and didn't keep a copy of the previous version :doh:

Last edited:
movies from itunes to iphone

try this, after you add you movie to itunes go to the recently added tab, find your movie, right click, the click on convert to iphone version

Clearly a SlySoft Problem

I have experienced the same issue as many others in trying to move the files from iTunes to iPhone 3G. It is true that they can be converted using iTunes, but this is an extra step and takes quite awhile. I too have reverted back to the earlier version but am not happy about it. SlySoft owes users a better explanation and a fix to the current version. No doubt this is effecting many if not all iPhone and iTouch folks and that is a pretty large group. SlySoft needs to be out in front of the problem even if it is an Apple problem (which I do not believe it is).

I have experienced the same issue as many others in trying to move the files from iTunes to iPhone 3G. It is true that they can be converted using iTunes, but this is an extra step and takes quite awhile. I too have reverted back to the earlier version but am not happy about it. SlySoft owes users a better explanation and a fix to the current version. No doubt this is effecting many if not all iPhone and iTouch folks and that is a pretty large group. SlySoft needs to be out in front of the problem even if it is an Apple problem (which I do not believe it is).
Many players need a "second-step" conversion through the player proprietary software to produce a viewable file. My Samsung YP-P2 is an example - the CDM output has to be run through their Media Studio because they put a YP-P2 tag and create an .svi file (the only difference is the tag and the file extension, but it will not play otherwise). Syncing using Windows Media Player 11 does essentially the same thing - a second-step conversion.

Why does the fact that Apple requires a conversion step make their users feel that CDM is at fault? If you want simple, buy a Chinese generic player. Otherwise, complain to Apple or use the previous version of CDM if it works without the extra conversion. My Samsung has always required that extra step, so I'm SOOL either way :(

I think the forum link a few posts up, summs it up.

Without listing this as a bug, they have said everything but that. ;)

I just reverted to 1.2, after a very frustrating double-conversion (CDM 1.6 and iTunes), and now the next file/movie is fine.

A bug is a bug, let's leave them to fix it. (hopefully soon!) :)

PS: Just noticed, and it is worth noticing... that the conversion of the mp4 to m4v, that I did on the first (v1.6) movie, DOUBLED it's file size.

So, asking for a second conversion, from iTunes, is an unacceptable answer...

Revert to version 1201

I have question about correctly creating an iPhone 3G movie using CloneDVD Mobile. I used the iPhone AVC setting to create a perfect working MP4 video file, iTunes plays the file.
However when I select to transfer the movie to the phone, iTunes warnes that it cannot be played on the phone and that it requires additional conversion.

What are the correct settings in CloneDVD Mobile to do this automatically in one shot?

Thanks!

I encountered the same problem after upgrading to version 1610. After checking the discussions in the Forum, I uninstalled 1610 and reinstalled 1201 and no longer have the problem. There was some discussion within the thread about whether people ought to automatically upgrade to the latest version, whether it is Apple's problem or Slysoft's problem.

Personally, I am more concerned with the results. It would have been helpful if Slysoft would have included some message about the issue existing with version 1610 when the notification of an available update came from them. They obviously had to know about it as a result of iPhone users encountering the issue and posting the problem in the forum. I used version 1610 on 7 movies before trying to transfer them onto my iPhone. Then I encountered the problem.

After reading the discussion on the forum, I used 1201 on one of the movies and found it worked. Now I have 6 more to do again and the movies are due back to the rental store tomorrow. :bang: A late night coming up tonight. :agree: On the plus side, this is the first time that an update caused me any issues. :bowdown: Please consider my suggestion of posting some kind of notice that is easy to see if there is a known issue with an update. Thank you.

because

"Why does the fact that Apple requires a conversion step make their users feel that CDM is at fault? "

* Because there didn't used to be a second step until the Clone Mobile update (albeit, the old version does require a tweak to get sound in sync)
* Because there is absolutely no need for this time intesive second step except that Clone Mobile's now broken
* Because there is an excellent *freeware* product out there that compresses vidoes for the ipod flawlessly
* Because the Clone Mobile product info implies that it will work with ipod
* Because no one likes to buy a product, install the recommended current non-beta version, and find that it doesn't work

To sum it up, for ipod folks:
* Use the old version, and you need to tweak the profile to get sound sync
* Use the new version, and you're into a double conversion
* Use the freeware product, and you have a slightly less slick interface (but with more options) that works

the iphone is very picky about its video settings and itunes checks the video bitrate and resolution before it transfers the file to your iphone. the iphones max resolution is 640x480 with a max bitrate of 2400. i havent been able to get a video file to play on iphone above 2400. i normally make my video files at around 2000. so u would have to go into clonedvd mobile config settings and add 640x480 resolution to it so when u go thru clonedvd mobile the 640x480 pop up and u wont have to go thru the reconversion with itunes.

this is the 3gs iphone that i am talkin about.

try changing your iphone AVC settings in the clonedvd mobile config file to these settings. i am using this and not gettin any error message. also this wont prompt a need to convert the file in itunes.

[iPhone AVC]
Manufacturer=Apple (iPod/iPhone/AppleTV)
ScreenRatio=4:3
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=426x320
Res2=640x480
ResAna1=480x270
ResAna2=640x480
ResUnit=2
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=libx264:coder=1:acodec=libfaac
FileType=mp4
Quality=30
MaxVBitrate=768
MVolume=10
x264params=level=3|keyint=240|min-keyint=24|ref=3|mixed-refs|bframes=0|subme=6|no-ssim|no-psnr|me=umh|trellis=2|partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8|filter=-1,-1

try changing your iphone AVC settings in the clonedvd mobile config file to these settings. i am using this and not gettin any error message. also this wont prompt a need to convert the file in itunes.

[iPhone AVC]
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=426x320
Res2=640x480
ResAna1=480x270
ResAna2=640x480
ResUnit=2
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
FileType=mp4
Quality=30
MaxVBitrate=768
MVolume=10
x264params=level=3|keyint=240|min-keyint=24|ref=3|mixed-refs|bframes=0|subme=6|no-ssim|no-psnr|me=umh|trellis=2|partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8|filter=-1,-1
Thanks for the suggestion - I noticed your post in the iPhone 3G thread. I'll try it myself modified for the iPod Touch.

Please put profiles in code tags to avoid cut-and-paste errors
Code:
[iPhone AVC modified]
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=426x320
Res2=640x480
ResAna1=480x270
ResAna2=640x480
ResUnit=2
ABRate=128
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
FileType=mp4
Quality=30
MaxVBitrate=768
MVolume=10

Edit: Unfortunately it doesn't work with the iPod Touch - still 20fps (unwatchable) and unable to sync without converting in iTunes (stays at 20fps so still jerky and creates a much bigger m4v file).

The following profile does work for the iPod Touch without conversion (no-cabac 24fps modification) and I have added your resana suggestion but at 640x360 for the widescreen. That and 480x270 work very well with 1.6.1.0. The no-cabac solution was discovered previously by another user, and the 24fps I discovered through trial and error (choose 30fps as CDM is dropping 20% of frames).

Code:
[iPod touch Custom no-cabac 24fps]
ScreenRatio=3:2
useMencoder=1
SubTitle=1
Res1=426x320
Res2=640x480
ResAna1=480x270
ResAna2=640x360
ResUnit=2
Format=lavf
lavfopts=format=mp4
lavcopts=aglobal=1:vglobal=1:vcodec=mpeg4:coder=1:acodec=libfaac
ABRate=128
FileType=mp4
Quality=25
NTSCFrameRate1=30
NTSCFrameRateDeinterlace1=30
MaxVBitrate=1200
MVolume=15
x264params=level=3|keyint=240|min-keyint=24|ref=3|mixed-refs|bframes=0|subme=6|no-cabac|no-ssim|no-psnr|me=umh|trellis=2|partitions=p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,i8x8|filter=-1,-1

Last edited:
After reading the discussion on the forum, I used 1201 on one of the movies and found it worked. Now I have 6 more to do again and the movies are due back to the rental store tomorrow. :bang: A late night coming up tonight. :agree: On the plus side, this is the first time that an update caused me any issues. :bowdown: Please consider my suggestion of posting some kind of notice that is easy to see if there is a known issue with an update. Thank you.

Having made us all aware of the fact that you are stealing I can't say I have any sympathy. Slysoft does not support or condone this behavior.

As for issues with the update, they weren't known when the update was released. It's recommended that people keep installers from previous versions. I do this with all software that I use so that if a problem is encountered I can rollback.

Clone DVD Mobile is NOT WORKING AS DESCRIBED

Frankly, if SlySoft are unable to provide me with the instructions to convert dvd files to IPhone compatible video, i want my money back. Other tools exist that do this, and i was using a shareware tool recently that worked fine but i didn't trust the brand. I came back to SlySoft as i had already purchased AnyDVD. There is no technical reason that this cannot be done as other products do it. Why can't you just front up and say that your product does not work without an extra conversion step even if it is not your fault. If there are instructions on how to do this in a one off conversion please let me know immediately. I will be looking for a refund within a few days if not..

Frankly, if SlySoft are unable to provide me with the instructions to convert dvd files to IPhone compatible video, i want my money back. Other tools exist that do this, and i was using a shareware tool recently that worked fine but i didn't trust the brand. I came back to SlySoft as i had already purchased AnyDVD. There is no technical reason that this cannot be done as other products do it. Why can't you just front up and say that your product does not work without an extra conversion step even if it is not your fault. If there are instructions on how to do this in a one off conversion please let me know immediately. I will be looking for a refund within a few days if not..
If you read the forum you will see that there are many devices that require an extra conversion step. Where does it say that CDM is a one-step solution? What it DOES do is provide a conversion from DVD to a mobile format - if your device requires an extra step you still get what you want. Otherwise, why buy CDM in the first place?

Because your device cannot play DVD's....

Wait, What?

I would imagine the profiles are there so they can convert to a format the device can use. So what really is the point of creating software to convert a DVD to a mobile device, so the mobile device can't play it?

What you said doesn't really make too much sense. And yes there is other 3rd party software that can do it in one step without any extra conversion.

At the moment I'm trying to convert my whole DVD collection into decent size/quality files, with the bugs that keep cropping up in CDVDM I'll never see me getting them all converted in my lifetime with the software. So I've picked another bit of software that IS in beta and that does the job with less fuss.

All that aside though. What's happening with the Blueray version of the software? Any news/advancements on that particular software?

Wait, What?

I would imagine the profiles are there so they can convert to a format the device can use. So what really is the point of creating software to convert a DVD to a mobile device, so the mobile device can't play it?

What you said doesn't really make too much sense. And yes there is other 3rd party software that can do it in one step without any extra conversion.

At the moment I'm trying to convert my whole DVD collection into decent size/quality files, with the bugs that keep cropping up in CDVDM I'll never see me getting them all converted in my lifetime with the software. So I've picked another bit of software that IS in beta and that does the job with less fuss.

All that aside though. What's happening with the Blueray version of the software? Any news/advancements on that particular software?
You are completely missing the point. Mobile devices cannot play copy-protected DVD's, period. CDM provides a conversion to a mobile format (as do other products). Not all devices play all mobile formats (even the ones they are supposed to), and some (by design) introduce a proprietary format requirement which always requires a conversion step. Which is completely moot in most cases if you don't have your DVD in an unprotected format to start with, because no mobile devices that I know of will allow you to convert directly from a copy-protected DVD.

As you seem to have found a solution elsewhere good luck with your conversion plans. Try putting your output files on (e.g.) a Samsung device without a second stage conversion (either through Samsung Media Studio or WMP11) - it isn't possible. You just cannot seem to accept that CDM cannot be a magic bullet for every possible mobile device on the planet.

The Blu-Ray side will use the Chameleon engine introduced in CDM, which is obviously still under development at the moment based on the reported problems. Dissing the software in this forum is hardly going to help matters, and your constant reference to 3rd party solutions as being better than CDM will probably get you banned.

You are completely missing the point. Mobile devices cannot play copy-protected DVD's, period. CDM provides a conversion to a mobile format (as do other products). Not all devices play all mobile formats (even the ones they are supposed to), and some (by design) introduce a proprietary format requirement which always requires a conversion step. Which is completely moot in most cases if you don't have your DVD in an unprotected format to start with, because no mobile devices that I know of will allow you to convert directly from a copy-protected DVD.

Any encoding software won't allow you to convert encrypted DVD's and that can't be circumvented without using decryption software, so that has nothing to do with the device, but the conversion step.

As you seem to have found a solution elsewhere good luck with your conversion plans. Try putting your output files on (e.g.) a Samsung device without a second stage conversion (either through Samsung Media Studio or WMP11) - it isn't possible. You just cannot seem to accept that CDM cannot be a magic bullet for every possible mobile device on the planet.

Granted I only encode for my iPod/PS3/360, (which is basically one encoded video for all). Apparently the iPod Classic's resolution has been upped and video can be encoded 640x480 and higher, (but I have noticed the iPod LCD decoder can struggle with very high resoltion/bitrates. Plugging it into a TV and the problems go, so the iPod can actually handle it well). I currentl encode at around 800x400 ish using anamorphic settings. To get things into perspective, a h1:30m film would create a 2gb+ file, but the quality can easily rival the quality of the DVD

The Blu-Ray side will use the Chameleon engine introduced in CDM, which is obviously still under development at the moment based on the reported problems. Dissing the software in this forum is hardly going to help matters, and your constant reference to 3rd party solutions as being better than CDM will probably get you banned.

Fair enough, but I thought the Blu-Ray version was a completely different project? I'm not the only one Profcolli and yes I know a few have been reprimanded. I'm only doing it to point out it CAN be done, I'm not doing to it to diss.

Pagey out.

I would really appreciate if you left the moderating to the moderators, thank you.

I'm not going to ban Pageygeeza for simply mentioning that other third party software can convert in one step. I will ban him if he starts mentioning product names and offering them as solutions in this forum.

:policeman:

Sometimes criticisms can help improve software.

I will ban him if he starts mentioning product names and offering them as solutions in this forum.
I made that mistake, but did apologise a while back.
Sometimes criticisms can help improve software.
That was my intention all along, not to advertise, just to say it's possible.

Fair enough, but I thought the Blu-Ray version was a completely different project

The same engine is being used for both projects but they are two separate projects. That said, CloneDVD mobile is limited to outputting portable formats from SD DVDs.

Back