• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

iPhone 3G directly via CloneDVD mobile

pluijpers

I have question about correctly creating an iPhone 3G movie using CloneDVD Mobile. I used the iPhone AVC setting to create a perfect working MP4 video file, iTunes plays the file.
However when I select to transfer the movie to the phone, iTunes warnes that it cannot be played on the phone and that it requires additional conversion.

What are the correct settings in CloneDVD Mobile to do this automatically in one shot?

Thanks!

I'm having the same problem. Where are the solutions to this. The above post has been there for awhile and no one has posted a solution?

I have question about correctly creating an iPhone 3G movie using CloneDVD Mobile. I used the iPhone AVC setting to create a perfect working MP4 video file, iTunes plays the file.
However when I select to transfer the movie to the phone, iTunes warnes that it cannot be played on the phone and that it requires additional conversion.

What are the correct settings in CloneDVD Mobile to do this automatically in one shot?

Thanks!
dgrilli, floridaskylark: Nobody has responded probably because it has been discussed in many other threads - try searching the forum. If the file plays in iTunes (which version?) then there is no problem with CDM. Inability to sync to the device is an Apple problem - complain to them. Many devices require a second conversion stage using proprietary software from the device manufacturer.

Try converting in iTunes to sync to the device.

Pageygeeza: Other products should only be discussed in the third party products forum.

Last edited:
Thats funny.....

I used an early version of it without any crashes or glitches - then came the 1.6.1.0 and after upgrading and fixing this version the movies converted didn´t work on my iPhone... without any changes on iTunes or iPhone OS.

So I have to blame apple???

Thats funny.....

I used an early version of it without any crashes or glitches - then came the 1.6.1.0 and after upgrading and fixing this version the movies converted didn´t work on my iPhone... without any changes on iTunes or iPhone OS.

So I have to blame apple???
You didn't upgrade to iTunes 8.2? Or iPhone 3.0?

In that case, why upgrade to CDM 1.6.1.0 when everything was working fine? As they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Revert to 1.2 as suggested by Slysoft and you won't have to complain to anyone ;)

As far as I remember, there is one rule in dealing with computer. Always use the newest version of software. This work fine with most software...

Ver. 1.6.1.0 comes 15.06.09, iPhone OS 3 comes in my country one week later, I don´t know, when i did upgrade to iTunes 8.2... but

movies, I made with the old version of CloneDVDmobile work fine. Only movies, made with ver 1.6.1.0 didn´t work.

I try downgrading, but I´m not very happy with it. And I´m not very happy about Slysofts way of handling this issue...

As far as I remember, there is one rule in dealing with computer. Always use the newest version of software. This work fine with most software...

Ver. 1.6.1.0 comes 15.06.09, iPhone OS 3 comes in my country one week later, I don´t know, when i did upgrade to iTunes 8.2... but

movies, I made with the old version of CloneDVDmobile work fine. Only movies, made with ver 1.6.1.0 didn´t work.

I try downgrading, but I´m not very happy with it. And I´m not very happy about Slysofts way of handling this issue...
Well, all I can say is that after thirty years of working in software the only rule is that you don't upgrade anything unless you have a problem. That works fine with all software. Your experience seems to prove that rule.

If you downgraded CDM, why are you not happy if it worked before? And as you seem to have upgraded both iTunes and your iPhone software, why do you think this is a CDM problem?

Well, all I can say is that after thirty years of working in software the only rule is that you don't upgrade anything unless you have a problem.

Damn, I knew I should have stuck with Windows 98!

Ok, that was a little out of line, BUT........

My understanding of software is thus: Software is updated to remove bugs/improve software and betas are there for people to test to help improve the next software update. So why use the "if it's not broke, don't upgrade" speech? People were waiting ages for this update because of problems with 1.2 and now the update is here and we're not supposed to use it? What really is the point of the update then?

I know that SS are working on the BlueRay version right now, I think people would have been more happier with small fixes and not complete overhauls.

Another thing, I think people are getting a tad miffed with you blaming the way people are using the software as opposed to anything else. I know you're a mod, but even you said you don't use the software extensively, so can you really answer the technical questions? Surely that should be left to the SS software programmers to explain? As I've mentioned before, a certain amount of tact is needed, would you really slap and angry lion in the face?

And to finalise: If there was a tally for everyone with 1.6 who has problems and compare that to the people that have purchased 1.6, there wouldn't be much difference, I think that would back a lot of this up.

Fair enough, I was wrong.

Considering the way Profcoli was carrying on, he mights as well be a mod.

But.............. That still doesn't answer any of the questions I put forward.

Well, all I can say is that after thirty years of working in software the only rule is that you don't upgrade anything unless you have a problem. That works fine with all software. Your experience seems to prove that rule.

If you downgraded CDM, why are you not happy if it worked before? And as you seem to have upgraded both iTunes and your iPhone software, why do you think this is a CDM problem?

So, I guess you never upgrade a virus scanner, until you have a virus. Or you never upgrade a web browser before someone use the wide open gate to your computer.... the list could be continued...

I think you know about the list of changes in ver 1.6.1.0 - there is a long list of fixes in it (-"fix: resync issues with certain long-running movies; fix: Any lipsync issues sould be resolved now; - transcoding speed should be greatly improved especially on multi-core systems now"....) - More than enough reason to try the upgrade.

Why did you deny, that CDM could be the reason for the problems?

- movies made by the elder version of CDM worke fine with OS 2.2, OS 3, iTunes 8.1, iTunes 8.2.

- movies made by 1.6.1.0 never worked.

I have no idea when I upgraded to iTunes 8.2. But when I upgrade CDM to 1.6.1.0 the iPhone still worked with OS 2 - movies made before this upgrade work, movies made after the upgrade of CDM didn´t.
The upgrade to OS 3 came later - and had no effect.

Downgrading to 1.2 and the movies are working again... On my iPhone OS 3 and iTunes 8.2....

Same movie - first file made with 1.6.1.0, second file made with 1.2
Both made on the same day, with no changes on iTunes / iPhone. First file didn´t work, second file work fine. So why should the problem be caused by apple software?

(Gronn)- movies made by the elder version of CDM worke fine with OS 2.2, OS 3, iTunes 8.1, iTunes 8.2
So if you were not having issues, no need to upgrade.
Slysoft support recommends staying with the older version if you have problems with the newer version.
How is that unclear?
(Pageygeeza) I think people are getting a tad miffed with you
You might be - try not to take advice based on experience as a personal attack - it isn't. Gronn was not having any issues with the old version. Try reading the forum. Plenty of people have had problems since Apple updates, e.g.:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=206815&postcount=1

Last edited:
Slysoft support recommends staying with the older version if you have problems with the newer version.

If that's the case Slysoft support put permalinks to at least the last 4 stable versions?

CDM 1.2 + iPhone OS 2 + iTunes 8.1 = work
CDM 1.2 + iPhone OS 2 + iTunes 8.2 = work
CDM 1.2 + iPhone OS 3 + iTunes 8.2 = work
CDM 1.6.1.0 + iPhone OS 2 + iTunes 8.1 = don´t work
CDM 1.6.1.0 + iPhone OS 2 + iTunes 8.2 = don´t work
CDM 1.6.1.0 + iPhone OS 3 + iTunes 8.2 = don´t work

I tried it all out, so let us guess - which software did have problems? I think it must be apples....
Its not the fact, that there is a problem in 1.6.1.0 what makes me angry. It´s the fact, that there is always an other one to blame for it.
As far as I know no one give a reason, why the problem must be caused by apples software. It seemes to me, that the fact, that there where a update to apples software is a good reason to buy time by blaming someone else.

Wow, that is probably the worst advice I have ever heard. Especially coming from someone who has been in the business 30 years. If we all had that attitude, we'd still be riding around in a horse and buggy.

It's up to the user community to press for compatiblity and interoperability where it is reasonable. Being told to simply "downgrade" is lazy and irresponsible.

S

Wow, that is probably the worst advice I have ever heard. Especially coming from someone who has been in the business 30 years. If we all had that attitude, we'd still be riding around in a horse and buggy.

It's up to the user community to press for compatiblity and interoperability where it is reasonable. Being told to simply "downgrade" is lazy and irresponsible.

S
That is the advice from Slysoft support - are you calling them "lazy and irresponsible"?

If we all used a horse and buggy, there would be less pollution and plenty of manure (which you could spread on your roses). What is your experience in the business? Not that I really care, but we seem to have new users who can spead the manure around, even though they offer no constructive advice or solutions.

Plonk.

CDM 1.2 + iPhone OS 2 + iTunes 8.1 = work
CDM 1.2 + iPhone OS 2 + iTunes 8.2 = work
CDM 1.2 + iPhone OS 3 + iTunes 8.2 = work
CDM 1.6.1.0 + iPhone OS 2 + iTunes 8.1 = don´t work
CDM 1.6.1.0 + iPhone OS 2 + iTunes 8.2 = don´t work
CDM 1.6.1.0 + iPhone OS 3 + iTunes 8.2 = don´t work

I tried it all out, so let us guess - which software did have problems? I think it must be apples....
Its not the fact, that there is a problem in 1.6.1.0 what makes me angry. It´s the fact, that there is always an other one to blame for it.
As far as I know no one give a reason, why the problem must be caused by apples software. It seemes to me, that the fact, that there where a update to apples software is a good reason to buy time by blaming someone else.
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=211262&postcount=2
Try reading the forum, as previously suggested in this thread.

Back