• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

iPad AVC Audio & Video not in sync

asian_val

Hello,

There are some videos that I would rip into iPad AVC format and halfway through the movie, the audio starts delaying itself around 2/3 - 1 sec. Is there a solution to this problem? Is anyone else experiencing it?

Help please :)
Thanks and I truly appreciate it.

I have been a user of cloneDVDmobile for two and a half years now. I used it to convert my DVD's to mp4 format for my ipod classic...worked beautifully. I recently purchased an ipad and updated my cloneDVDmobile software to 1.7.x.x from 1.2.x.x. Every DVD that I have converted, every one, has had audio sync issues. An hour or so into the movie, the audio begins to lag...extremely annoying.
Never had this issue with 1.2.x.x. I uninstalled 1.7.x.x and re-installed 1.2.x.x and audio sync issues were resolved. Only problem now is video quality is very poor because I have to choose "ipod touch" as my device. In this version of the software there is no choice for ipad or generic .mp4. I can't understand why this issue can not be resolved. If it has been and I have not found it in the forum let us know. I have done some research and am finding that a lot of users are having the same problems. Please guys, I love the software but it would be really nice if I could start watching converted movies on my ipad without it looking like one of those old karate movies.

Asian_val, not bashing the software by any means, I think you have not received a response to this because there is not a fix yet.

I tried doing the conversion on windows xp, vista and 7, all outcomes were the same with the upadated software, audio lagging after an hour or so.

I just tested 3 random DVDs on the iPad and found the A/V sync to be 100% on the spot throughout the whole movie each time.

So we'll need a little more information here if we are to reproduce and fix this.

- tell us a few of the titles
- are they PAL or NTSC (or more specifically: what country)?
- the settings in CloneDVD mobile used (like multipass/quality, ...)

The Matrix
Star Trek II Wrath of Kahn
All Smallvilles
Red
x-men origins
Transformers 1 & 2...List gets a lot longer.

NTSC (United States)
Ipad AVC or Generic mp4/avc
1 pass

I could usually just soft dub forward about 1 hour into most of the movies and the sync issue is immediately apparent.
This is only one of the many settings I have tried to no avail.
I don't know if this helps, but if I convert my dvd to avi then use avi to dvd conversion software, then convert that dvd using cDVDm to ipad, no sync issues. If there is any other info. I can provide, please let me know...hope this helps.

I've had the same problem. Every movie I convert has the audio lag problem. These included: Dark City, Hotel Rwanda, Annapolis, Wedding Crashers, Seven Pounds, The Notebook. I have not been able to convert a movie without this problem. When I view the converted files on my desktop machine the audio is fine, the issue only happens on the iPad. It doesn't matter if you start the movie from the beginning, or near the end - the lag is the same either way. I'm happy to help with more info - iPad conversion is the reason I bought this and so far it has been useless.

Hello,

Don't know if it helps, but I have no problems (Apple TV, iPod, iPad) and using also the newest versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVDmobile.

As I understands the replays right, I found three main differences: My enviroment is PAL, I use always the "Apple TV H264 AVC" Profile ... and I do always 3 passes

Perhaps somebody can try to do a "known wrong file" again with three pass recoding. At least it's worse a try.

Perhaps somebody can try to do a "known wrong file" again with three pass recoding.
It shouldn't matter how many passes are chosen.

More passes essentially means better video quality.
Audio is not affected by the number of passes.

Incidentally, are you saying you have problems with 1 or 2 pass?

No I never encounter problems ... but I always do 3 passes ;-) .. maybe I do not have problems because I'm using PAL DVD as source?

When will this sync issue be resolved as I'm wanting to buy to convert my movies to the IPAD ?

How long does it take to convert a Bluray or DVD movie to Ipad format ??
what's the fastest way?

NTSC United States

All of my attempts have been from ripped movies. I will give it a try tonight with converting from DVD directly and then from a ripped move to see what happens. I'll use The Matrix as that was previosuly reported as a problem movie (and I haven't tried it yet).

I'm finding that if I rip the dvd to the hard drive and then later
try to convert from the ripped files into m4v video, THEN I see/hear
an audio lag about 2/3 through the movie to where it's very apparent
and troublesome to watch. so now, I rip AND convert the same night
and all seems well at that time.

I do say, converting into the iPad 1024 takes an inordinate amount of time :agree:

but I reckon it's doing a lot of smart stuff and that should take more time...
G2

;)Have your problem been solved? I'm used to ripping/converting DVDs. It is much easier to use and I havenl't met any problem yet.
You can give it a try.
During your conversion, only 3 steps are needed: add the DVD, choose the M4V as the output format, and then click the "convert".
Hope it can hep you solve the problem.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I started another thread on this subject but this one seems to be more active....I am having a sync issue as well, converting from ripped DVD's. My ripped DVD's play fine, the CloneDVD Mobile converted videos from these files appear to play ok on my PC, however when I sync the converted m4v to my iPad there is significant audio lag on the pad. I tried making an m4v using CloneDVD mobile direct from the DVD and it is much better but not perfect. I was really hoping I could use this program to convert videos as needed from my ripped library with minimal effort...suggestions?

Some time Ago I went back to 1.2.x and it fixed my sync issue. I haven't noticed inferior pic quality. The sync issue on newer versions is now a couple years old.

Back