• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Iomega Screen Play HD -Problems need help

I've converted a great many DVD's to MP4 for use with my Ipod. Most of them play perfectly on my Ipods, portable players and on my computers. I recently purchased an Iomega Screen Play HD 500 GB media player with the intention to be able to play them from it. Apparently there is some type of compatability problem with the movies I ripped for my Ipod Video as they don't show up and won't play from the Iomega menu. They play just fine if the drive is hooked up to my computer and played from it.

I was hoping that somebody out there had run into the same problem that I had and hopefully come up with a reasonable solution. Otherwise I will box this unit back up and return it for a refund. As I have already converted at least two hundred movies to MP-4 I don't know why I would want to convert them all over again to a different format that may not work for my other devices without a good reason.

I updated the firmware but that didn't fix the problem. I'm sure from similar comments on the Iomega forum that they are probably aware of this shortcoming but don't seem to be responding to their customers.

Is there anyone out there that has one of these units? If so, what Clone DVD Mobile output settings are you using? Will those files also play on a 5th generation Ipod? Are the file sizes managable (less than 1Gig)?

Back