• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Internal BD Writers recommendations

bolt_action

What are some really good Internal BD Writers to look at buying?

I used to have two BD writers.

SONY BWU-500S and a LG BH08LS20.

With the SONY BWU-500S I was able to burn CDs and DVDs just fine, but I was never able to successfully burn a BD disc.

With the LG BH08LS20 I was able to burn CDs and DVDs just fine, however the BH08LS20 couldn't ever detect/see a blank BD disc.

I tried using different burning applications Nero, ImgBurn ect. and the same results occurred when trying to burn a BD disc.

My question(s):
What's a very good Internal BD Writer on the market today to buy? And that works when burning a BD disc?

I was using Taiyo Yuden blank BD-Rs, should I look into getting Verbatim BD-Rs instead?

Thank you

The most recommended ones are Pioneer BDR-205/206, but both Sony (afaik a LiteOn iHBS112 clone) and LG should be decent drives.
Are you using the latest firmwares available; which kind of blanks have you tried ?

I'm using the latest firmware.

I have used both JVC Taiyo Yuden Blu-Ray White Inkjet Printable 6X 25GB BD-R Media and 1 Sony 25GB disc.

What brand BD-R blank media works best with the Pioneer BDR-206 for 25GB and 50GB?

Verbatim

What brand BD-R blank media works best with the Pioneer BDR-206 for 25GB and 50GB?

I use nothing but Verbatim in my 2 Pioneer BDR-205 & BDR-206 drives...check eBay for best prices... just bought 20-Japanese/re-packaged/unbranded Verbatim BDR-R DL's for $80 U.S. +free shipping ($4.00ea)....never had a "coaster" with this media...

Replaced Pioneer BDR-203 with LG 12LS30...

WH12LS30 LG drive has performed wonderfully on BD-R dual layer discs, BD-R discs and 3D backups. Running system 7. Replaced a Pioneer BDR-203 that was given multiple misreads and other errors and upon replacing the drive all errors disappeared! Could not be happier with the LG.

WH12LS30 LG drive has performed wonderfully on BD-R dual layer discs, BD-R discs and 3D backups. Running system 7. Replaced a Pioneer BDR-203 that was given multiple misreads and other errors and upon replacing the drive all errors disappeared! Could not be happier with the LG.

Cool. Just bought one. They also had an WH12LS38 but no reviews on it on newegg yet

Congrats on an awesome drive purchase!

You will be a happy camper! By the way, the WH12LS38 is the 12LS30 but with some other software. I Purchased the WH12LS38 and when I installed it the computer ID it as a WH12LS30 and when you check the LG Website for comparison the 12LS30 is what shows up. Somewhat confusing but the bottom line is the WH12LS30 or 38 or whatever ROCKS!

Back