• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Intel SGX Drivers

DrXenos

I bought a USB 4K Ultra Blu-ray drive to play with on my laptop (Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD. not a "friendly" drive, but didn't buy it for ripping).

PowerDVD 20 wants to download the Intel SGX drivers in order to play 4K discs. Should I install them? I know I need SGX to play 4K discs, just want to make sure I don't screw something up.

Thanks!
DrX

SGX is a requirement for official UHD playback, so yes.
Download the Cyberlink UHD advisor to check if your system meets all requirements. Maybe it is already included in the software you use.

SGX is a requirement for official UHD playback, so yes.
Download the Cyberlink UHD advisor to check if your system meets all requirements. Maybe it is already included in the software you use.

Thanks! I downloaded the drivers directly from Intel, but was afraid to install them.

Hmm, it seems my laptop doesn't support SGX. The processor does, but I don't think the motherboard/BIOS do. Oh, well...

Maybe you need to enable something in the BIOS?

That's just it. There is no BIOS setting for it. I doesn't think the motherboard manufacturer brought SGX support out from the processor.

Back