• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Intel Graphics driver 25.20.100.6519 breaking QuickSync in CloneBD

I forgot to update this thread with another minor annoyance related to Intel and I experienced this previously but had forgotten until it happened again during the testing that I did with the Intel HD graphics drivers.

After dropping back to the November 25.20.100.6373 drivers after some time Windows Update prompted me to update Intel graphics drivers. The update leaves me running 25.20.100.6323 Intel Graphics drivers dated 2018-11-18. If you pay attention to driver versions then you'll notice that that version is lower than the drivers Intel released in October and November. If I remember correctly, this is "possibly" due to issues related to Intel graphics drivers and updating from Windows 10 1803 to Windows 10 1809. This had happened to me previously and happened again.

Note: I am still running 1803. Updating to 1809 fails on my system regardless of the update method I've tried and I can't be bothered hunting down the cause this time around. I always have problems. I'll likely wind up doing a clean install when I get around to it.

If i'm not mistaken the update to 1809 should work just fine if you install the right VGA driver before updating ...

Otherwise 1809 has more bugs and problems than 1803 which makes the update not desirable for me.

If i'm not mistaken the update to 1809 should work just fine if you install the right VGA driver before updating ...

Otherwise 1809 has more bugs and problems than 1803 which makes the update not desirable for me.

The problem was related to audio playback and updating to 1809. That said, the broken Intel drivers should have been yanked and new versions still downloadable should be fine. But, apparently aren't? Or Intel made a mistake with the versioning of the drivers WU pushed.

The only thing I really wish I could get that requires 1809 is the latest update (KB4482887) that adds Google's Reptoline for Spectre mitigation.

Microsoft Blog: Mitigating Spectre variant 2 with Retpoline on Windows

The problem was related to audio playback and updating to 1809. That said, the broken Intel drivers should have been yanked and new versions still downloadable should be fine. But, apparently aren't? Or Intel made a mistake with the versioning of the drivers WU pushed.

The only thing I really wish I could get that requires 1809 is the latest update (KB4482887) that adds Google's Reptoline for Spectre mitigation.

Microsoft Blog: Mitigating Spectre variant 2 with Retpoline on Windows

Yes i'm hoping for Retpoline on Windows also but i reed it's not active on all configurations at the moment.

Back