• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Intel Graphics driver 25.20.100.6519 breaking QuickSync in CloneBD

DrinkLyeAndDie

Retired Moderator
I generally make use of QuickSync on my system when using CloneBD. With my current setup using QuickSync is faster with a higher quality setting than using CUDA with my NVIDIA card for the time being. I'm running an Intel i7 6700K (Intel HD 530 graphics).

After installing the latest beta of CloneBD (1.2.4.2 x64 beta) I went into the settings and noticed that QuickSync was greyed out. This left me perplexed. It was working the last I knew. So, I began playing around with the Intel graphics drivers. I uninstalled the current drivers (25.20.100.6519) and let Windows do what it wanted after rebooting.

Results:
  1. The default drivers let me enable QuickSync.
  2. The 25.20.100.6326 drivers from October of 2018 allowed me to enable QuickSync.
  3. The 25.20.100.6519 drivers from January of 2019 did not allow me to enable QuickSync.
  4. Dropping back to the 25.20.100.6373 drivers from November of 2018 allowed me enable QuickSync.
It seems the issue just impacts the latest Intel graphics drivers. Has anyone else experienced this issue using CloneBD and the latest driver?

NOTE: I also tested with CloneBD 1.2.4.0 and had the same issue. I'm running Windows 10 Pro x64 (1803).

PS: Yes, I know I didn't attach logs, etc. I'm merely seeing if anyone is experiencing this.

After installing the latest beta of CloneBD (1.2.4.2 x64 beta) I went into the settings and noticed that QuickSync was greyed out.
Thanks for the information.
That might even be good news, QuickSync has been a constant source of pain for us, maybe this means, that QuickSync finally got some major redesign and it's finally fit for primetime.
We'll look into this.

That might even be good news, QuickSync has been a constant source of pain for us, maybe this means, that QuickSync finally got some major redesign and it's finally fit for primetime.
We'll look into this.

CloneBD 1.2.4.2 x64 errors when using QuickSync with the 25.20.100.6373 drivers from November 2018. Those drivers work fine with CloneBD 1.2.4.0 using the same disc (Salt).

Code:
[ERROR ] [0x00000000005fff40] CODEC_DRONE::DroneInit:740 > __ensure((Blob->Version & ~0xFF) == DRONE_BLOB::MAGIC && Blob->Magic == DRONE_RESULT::MAGIC && Blob->Size <= sizeof(Buffer))

[ERROR ] [0x00000000005fff40] last reported error: 'CODEC_DRONE::DroneInit:740 > __ensure((Blob->Version & ~0xFF) == DRONE_BLOB::MAGIC && Blob->Magic == DRONE_RESULT::MAGIC && Blob->Size <= sizeof(Buffer))' (6)

Error in processStreams

Last edited:
CloneBD 1.2.4.2 x64 errors when using QuickSync with the 25.20.100.6373 drivers from November 2018. Those drivers work fine with CloneBD 1.2.4.0 using the same disc (Salt).
Can you test against the new 32bit version?
Just to see if it's just a 64bit issue?

NOTE: 1.2.4.2 x64 errors but I uninstalled and then installed 1.2.4.2 x86 beta and no error.

X32 worked see log.

Attachments

• CloneBD.1.2.4.2.Der Grosse Crash.cbdlog
    114.9 KB · Views: 0
We'll look into this.

Thank you for this - we'll fix that soon.

Glad to help with reporting the issues. Thanks for looking into them. Rather surprised that no one reported the bigger graphics driver issue but that apparently demonstrates that people don't update their Intel graphics drivers (?). At least not for the HD 530 graphics.

Using CUDA with my GTX 780 I get around 120 fps during compression to BD-25. Using QuickSync I get 360+ fps at highest quality. Obviously the fps fluctuates but it's a demonstration of the difference and why I consider QuickSync support invaluable. I'll be interested to see how much of a gain I see with CUDA once my new videocard arrives.

Obviously, I was referring to updating drivers for CPUs still getting them. :) I can't be the only person running a 6700K which is getting outdated, itself, now that AMD is actually producing something good again. That said, The Smithsonian called asking for my GTX 780. ;p

Been there with older hardware. I went from a P4 using RDRAM to a Core2 Q9550 to an i7 6700K. I know the pain.

Glad to finally bsee Elaborate Bytes release of an x64 version of ClonBD rather than the hybrid.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Glad to help with reporting the issues. Thanks for looking into them. Rather surprised that no one reported the bigger graphics driver issue but that apparently demonstrates that people don't update their Intel graphics drivers (?). At least not for the HD 530 graphics...

I reported a similar issue with QuickSync graying out in CloneBD when the latest Intel driver for my HD Graphics 630 installed back in October:

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/quicksync-disabled.75889/

My only solution then was to rollback the driver.

T

I forgot to update this thread with another minor annoyance related to Intel and I experienced this previously but had forgotten until it happened again during the testing that I did with the Intel HD graphics drivers.

After dropping back to the November 25.20.100.6373 drivers after some time Windows Update prompted me to update Intel graphics drivers. The update leaves me running 25.20.100.6323 Intel Graphics drivers dated 2018-11-18. If you pay attention to driver versions then you'll notice that that version is lower than the drivers Intel released in October and November. If I remember correctly, this is "possibly" due to issues related to Intel graphics drivers and updating from Windows 10 1803 to Windows 10 1809. This had happened to me previously and happened again.

Note: I am still running 1803. Updating to 1809 fails on my system regardless of the update method I've tried and I can't be bothered hunting down the cause this time around. I always have problems. I'll likely wind up doing a clean install when I get around to it.

Back